Sweimeh Dead Sea Road, PO Box 815538, Amman, 11180, Jordan

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• True Respite from the World

Although it takes a taxi ride out of the city to get to, this resort is well worth the journey. I opted for a Deluxe Room as was suitably impressed. The accommodation is divided into three main categories. Standard rooms are in the main hotel building, in the style usually found in hotel configurations. These rooms are pleasant and airy with a balcony off each. However, for a little extra, one can get a Deluxe room; these rooms are distinctive in their design. The deluxe rooms are built in traditional arabic design: terracotta mud exterior, arabesque designs inside. The rooms are spacious and have a delightful, sheltered balcony with plenty of seating. I found the service was excellent; staff were consistently friendly and well trained.

Unique Quality: The Zara Spa offers a wide range of traditional therapeutics. The swimming pool is cleverly designed, appearing to end in space! There are the most beautiful native gardens, complete with bird life that adds so much to the peacefulness of the resort.

More about Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea

Movenpick Dead Sea Resort

by mardaska about Movenpick Dead Sea Resort

This resort is locqated on the shore of the Dead Sea. It is a 5 star hotel.
The resort consists of 232 guest rooms and suites, 7 restaurants and bars, 1 winter pool & 1 big summer beach pool, 2 tennis courts, a bridge room, gourmet & souvenir shops, a gymnasium, a grand ball room and 2 fully equipped conference rooms.

Movenpick Dead Sea Resort &...

by spetterke

Movenpick Dead Sea Resort & Spa.
Between 198,- to 242,-USD for double room. ..The resort consists of 232 fine appointed guest rooms and suites,7 restaurants and bars,1 winterpool& 1 big summer beach pool,2 tennis courts,a bridge room,gourmet & souvenirshops,a gymnasium,a grand ball room and a big health and recreation center:The Sanctuary Zara Spa. .. The resort consists of 232 fine appointed guest rooms and suites,7 restaurants and bars,1 winterpool& 1 big summer beach pool,2 tennis courts,a bridge room,gourmet & souvenirshops,a gymnasium,a grand ball room and a big health and recreation center:The Sanctuary Zara Spa

Dead Sea Accommodation

by ElSk about Movenpick Dead Sea

I have travelled a lot. I do not think I have ever stayed in a better hotel. The hotels next to it although 5* as well, look like tents! Great ambient, great service, the ideal place for families and singles alike! I could not believe my eyes... The restaurants do offer good food (unusual for hotels) and the views from them and or the bar are stunning! If you can afford it book one of the OASIS suites. "Perfect" is not enough to describe it!

Great place to get away from it all

by dutchwindmill about Movenpick Dead Sea

Hotel rooms are no doubt nice, but do get one of the Arabian-style bungalows (looked more Mexcian to me but hey....who is arguing). Nice pools, one of which with its own sandy beach. Good breakfast buffet. Several nice restaurants. Great value (even though you may be a paying a little more than I did - usd 75 for a bungalow).

Dead Sea Movenpick

by leffe3

OK - so for one night only, total indulgence. Designed along the lines of a traditional local village, two rooms to a building, 4-6 buildings sharing a common courtyard. Restaurants galore (Italian, Mongolian, Middle Eastern with belly-dancing, as well as snacks and European room service. Two swimming pools, private beach, extortionately expensive 'Dead Sea Products' spa, fantastically comfy rooms etc.. Indulgence? Abso-bloody-lutely. Cocktail in hand, watch the sunset over the Dead Sea and see the twinkling lights in the distance of the Palestinian Authority and Israel - Jericho, Jerusalem, Bethlehem.

It 'made' our trip, no complains

by TripAdvisor Member shukran_habibi

I don't agree with the previous reviewer at all. We had a really lovely time at the Dead Sea Movenpick and it really made our stay in Jordan. The setting was very beautiful and the rooms and service were all brilliant. There are no food alternatives nearby so you are forced to eat from the hotel restaurants or room service which is not ideal but not really the fault of the hotel.

It is expensive but it didn't look as if there was much alternative accommodation on the Dead Sea - besides the Kempinski and Marriot which are located next door on either side. The Kempkinski still looked like a building site.

The Dead Sea is like a big rocky, ugly looking lake, day trippers would be hard pressed to find somewhere to swim from. There was an Amman beach thing that we passed as we were driving on to Petra but it would have fairly basic facilities. We are not usually resort people but we're glad we took this option this time as it gave us a good access to the beach (with a sand beach, sun loungers, security, lifeguard, bathrobes, fluffy towels etc) and it was nice to have a quick dip in the sea and then follow it up with a swim in the heated resort pool.

We went in winter but were quite lucky with the weather and had reasonably sunny days. Surprisingly the water temperature in the Dead Sea (19 degrees) was really quite pleasant and we didn't feel like jumping straight out straight away. Those photos you see of people reading a newspaper in the Dead Sea must take a fair bit of setting up to achieve, you really do not sit quite that comfortably on the water.

We would definately recommend the Dead Sea Movenpick resort to our friends.

Breath-Taking Place, Go in Winter

by TripAdvisor Member susymillerighe

I spent a night in this resort with beautifully furnished rooms in what I believe is called 'colonial style'. Everything is very well kept, bushes of bouganvillaes and plumbago flourish in the park, where the rooms are grouped five or six for each 'hut' in the village. Some huts: build in reddish stone, wonderfully natural, like something from Petra had been plopped on the Dead Sea.
Every room has its own verandah with couches and tables, some with sea view. The double bed was the most comfortable one I've slept on (better than mine own at home). Bathroom really pretty but fixtures not really luxuriant (thick towels but chemically cleaned, or so they smelled; a shower bath but no stall; a rather cheap plastic tablet on the wc seat etc).

I'm giving this place full marks, nothwistanding the few drawbacks i'm listing, because the FEELING is fantastically serene, given by the extraordinary setting, the nature, the architecture, the postcard beauty of the Dead Sea, the light; also the cleanliness, good food.

One word of caution. I was travelling with a diplomatic delegation, but this did not seem to make the staff overly helpful. I brought my own bag to my room (it was late at night) and the reception desk seemed VERY slow. On the other hand, this is Jordan, not Switzerland or Boston, and while they do understand English, they're not over enthusiastic. If you really need them, though, they'll run. I had a very early start and had asked for a 6.20 wake up call. Half asleep, I couldn't find the "line 1" button on the phone until the third call. They'd noticed that I hadn't answered the automatic call and kept calling in. When I did answer, a young guy said "Oh, you ARE all right, madam".

Second word of caution: flies. They are abundant in all the region and this being the Movenpick doesn't deter them.

Third: I didn't have the opportunity to use the Spa, right at the bottom of the park in front of the sea. I'm sure it would have been fun. Didn't have time to bathe in the sea either (you can't swim, I'm told, but you can sit in it, reading a paper, and the salt will hold you up rather like an inflatable mat).

Food at breakfast buffet was plentiful and good (many kinds of bread and buns, scrambled eggs, omelettes, sausages, potatoe pancakes), service attentive, even eager, but, as in the night, slightly unprofessional by American standards I guess. I'm Italian and we're less fussy as a rule.

On December 1st. the climate was warm (enough to bathe when in the sun). I really don't think it's a good idea to go in summer, it's much more crowded and probably unbearingly hot. The hotel was certainly not empty but not overpopulated either yesterday.

Last but not least. The climate does seem to help your skin. I bought lots of skin products (in the gift shop from the nearby Hotel Marriott as a matter of fact) obviously overpriced (but I'm told there's a little locale shop which is probably cheaper) and they seem to be very good stuff if you have sensitive and irritable skin. Have fun on the Dead Sea. I'm told too that the Jordan coast is much better than the Israeli one: more exclusive and cleaner.

great views shame about pricing

by TripAdvisor Member undercoverelephant

An excellant hotel, clean rooms, expensive minibars, good bars with enterainment nightly. Good buffet food at lunch and at dinner. Good sized pools, small beaches, but great sunsets. Charged for playing tennis and using the spa (although no treatments) A truly romantic view from the spa at sunset.

Good gym and table tennis is also plus point

Food was bad and rotten, Hotel look nice

by TripAdvisor Member Ms.Nino

I have stayed at The Movenpick last summer; it was my second stay and the LAST.

The Hotel looks unique and rooms look nice; the hotel looks like a castle. Nice swimming pool.

The service was UWFUL, and the Food was bad and rotten. My mom ordered a salad "to her room",which the sauce was bad/old. She complained, they said no way, but they came to check it. And then they said "you are right we are sorry, we will bring you a new one!". My cousin ordered bad bad pasta, He couldn't eat it. The dessert at the buffet was bad too, we told the manager there who apologies and wanted to invite us for dinner for free. We refused to eat at this restaurant anymore, and since we were planning to eat at the Marriott, we suggested having lunch at different restaurant next day. The manager said ok, though next day, we saw the manager but he never brought up anything. He just ignored us, and we never ask for the lunch. We ate at the Marriott (next door hotel). The weird thing about the resorts in Jordan that you can not go in unless you are a guest or you have to pay before you get into the resort for a voucher that worth 15 J.D worth spending in any of the restaurants in side.
My cousin found 2 cockroaches in her room. And someone took 100 J.D from my purse which was in my room while I was in the pool. I promise I say the troth. If you want you can divide your days there stay at day or saw at Movenpick and the rest at Kampinski (a friend told me is very nice) or Marriott. Wish you have a good time.

Dead Sea public area

by rach76

Hi all,
Is the public area of the dead sea ok for women to swim in (in swim suits), or is it better to pay to use one of the hotel areas? If hotel area, any recommendations/prices?
Cheers!
Rach

by mana3

Hi,

I've been to a Hotel on the dead sea and it was nice. I can't remember the name of it and it wasn't expensive. I don't think there's many Hotels there, I would think just that main one. I think it would be more comfortable swimming at the hotel. They also have a swimming pool there.

by cardamon

better to use one of the hotels, at the moment there are three hotels, Marriot,movenpic and Dead sea spa the third one is more reasonable.

by palv0ice

hi rash,
you will feel comfortable only in hotels, there are some hotels(mariott,movenpick,dead sea spa,and a new one kempinski(ishtar))and all of them are 5 stars hotels.it could cost between (15-25)jd as a fee for using the facility.

by rach76

Thanks everyone, I think we will go to the hotel for the day!

• Jul 5, 2013 at 4:24 AM

DO not GO to THIS hotel. You will be disappointed. They only have like 2 pools and the hotels look very very bad. inside looks nice but the doors look like they got broken in to. I liked the dead sea though. It healed my bad cut. When we left it took us a couple of hours to leave. It took very long to tell them we are checking out and when we went to go to our car they moved it and lost it and that took at least a hour. Only one worker was nice enough to help us. They thought we had a different car but we didn't. I would give this hotel 2 stars