Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel & Towers

See Amenities
mikey_e's Profile Photo

The Classic

by written on November 22, 2012

The Amman Sheraton can be described aptly as an old-school Sheraton. My understanding is that part of the hotel has been renovated and modernized, but I was (un)fortunate enough to experience the original tower of the hotel complex. It’s not that the rooms or facilities here were bad, it’s just that they were old. Internet was not available in the room, which meant that I had to go down to the lobby to use my wireless. The fixtures in the washroom were old but functional, and the bed and décor were all quite nice and clean, but outdated. The hotel is located outside of the core of the city, so there is not much noise and it is quite easy to get a good night’s sleep. The lobby is well-appointed and contains a café and restaurants, which are a welcome attraction given that there is no real commercial area within walking distance of the hotel. There are also fitness facilities in the new tower, which include an outdoor pool (closed, since I stayed there in the winter), an indoor pool, sauna and steam room, and men’s and women’s gyms. The hotel staff was quite friendly and everyone spoke excellent English.

Unique Quality: Perhaps the best part of the hotel was that it was quiet and clean. It appears that Jordan has become a favourite destination for Libyans, especially those who are seeking medical treatment, and the hotel was filled with large families. Despite the number of children, it was quite uncommon to be disturbed in your room. I also enjoyed the café area in the lobby, as it provided an excellent place to read while still allowing you to feel in something of a social setting.

Good Services and Staff But Down A Star

by written on September 30, 2011

Was there for two and a half week business trips in both 2012 and 2011. I felt while still a quality hotel is has lost a step between visits. They seem to be pinching every penny now. The room in the Towers was large and very well appointed in my first trip. On the second stay it was down a bit but still average hotel room sized. The bath was also larger than average and included a separate shower and nice soaking bathtub. The room came with access to the club room and I had breakfast and happy hour there almost everyday. The evening spread is finger food and things like cheese and veggies and two sweets. The hot snacks tended to repeat but I became a fan of the chicken egg rolls. I swear that the happy hour was from 1830-2030 in 2011 but it is most definitely a happy "hour" now. It is 1830-1930 and that's it. Also they don't refill the hot food and once it is gone it is gone. I went to the breakfast buffet 2 or 3 times and it is great. If I ate there every morning I would leave with 15 extra pounds. The staff were still helpful but again it was not the uniformly happy experience I had last year. This year after a 2 1/2 week stay with an employer who uses the hotel all the time they still charged me JD50 for a late checkout fee. I swear that last year they waived the fee. The laundry is still expensive even by hotel standards. They have a good selection of English TV entertainment channels. In the Tower you get 45 minutes of free PC time in their lobby business center everyday. But if I would log on twice in a day the clock would reset to 45 minutes for each logon. WIFI in the room is like US$25 dollars a day but they have free WIFI in the lobby and club room area.

Unique Quality: Still 3 1/2 stars but fading.

Openseas's Profile Photo

Not our best Sheraton Stay.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2007

Location - The Sheraton is located directly across the road from the Four Season Hotel. It's a short taxi ride into Downtown.

Arrival –
We arrived late 4.30am due to our plane leaving Bangkok at midnight. To our disappointment ,we found we had genuinely made a BIG mistake on our booking. We had booked our room for the previous day, and were told our Starwood Preferred guest room was now not available, and we were allocated to the first floor.

(there are security guards and soldiers with a full security check before entering the hotel.)

Room – 136
Our first impression was disappointment , to us it was just your normal average hotel room. The room consisted of a king size bed, two side tables, large working desk , tea and coffee facilities, and mini bar. Our view from the room was looking at the Four Season Hotel and the highway.

Bathroom –
The bathroom was very ordinary with a shower over the bath tub a small vanity unit with a good make-up mirror. Toiletries were sufficient..(but have seen better from a Sheraton).

Room Service –
My pet hate in a hotel is when your room is not made up when you arrive back from a day’s journey. I rang house-keeping at 4.30pm and asked them to clean it up immediately. They arrived in a flash but to me the damage had already been done, so I just asked for some fresh towels.

Food –
Another pet hate of mine, is when you are in a different county and you want to taste their food and they have NONE on offer. The hotel had 3 restaurants , Italian, Thai and a Arabic but the last was closed, so we ended up eating in the Italian Restaurant which was okay but with a tiny menu. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection with a chef who cooked your eggs. TIP: Eat outside.

Pools –
The pool area was fantastic with a large DEEP swimming pool with plenty of decks chairs and umbrellas. The pool service was efficient although slightly slow. There is also an excellent lap indoor swimming pool and two gyms with modern equipment.

Unique Quality: It costs around 20 dinars to the hotel from the airport by taxi. There is little public transport available and most people just use taxi’s as petrol is VERY cheap in Amman.

Tours –
You can organize tours from the hotel, but most guests seem to hire a car to visit the sights. Most of the sights are outside of Amman, the Dead Sea being 45 minutes away, Petra – 3hrs, Jerash – 35 mins. info@rumtravel.com

We found the locals to be lovely friendly people and felt completely safe in Amman.

Overall –
I was looking forward to visiting this hotel and was disappointed on our booking. (our fault) however, being Starwood members we were not even offered their complementary free breakfast on the fifth floor.

I have given this hotel a 4 star rating for – poor housekeeping, lack of acknowledgment as Starwood members, and offering NO Arabic food. However, I will give it another go.

1W1V's Profile Photo

Not a bad choice

by written on August 15, 2005

Never stay there but I was taken for a tour early 2004.
The rooms were Sheraton Std and look clean and new. The view from the window can be impressive but due to traffic, probably impossible to keep the window open !
Great bathroom and bedding (I guess ...)

Unique Quality: Good pool and gym facilities
Comfortable bedding
NIce bathroom (the one of your room of course !!!)
Ok location
In 2004, this hotel won a Mideast price but cannot remember which one !
Choice of restaurant in the hotel or in the surroundings

Directions: 5th Circle, Opposit 4 Seasons

Tim&Kim's Profile Photo

A Wonderful Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 25, 2005

I spent one night at the Sheraton Nabil Towers Hotel in Amman on my way home from working in Baghdad last year (June 2004). The room was outstanding, costing around US$85 per night. They had high speed internet in the room so I was able to whip out my laptop and make arrangements for further travel to England and Norway. The furniture was wonderful, the bathroom facilities were excellent. The restaurant downstairs offers a full meal of local cuisine - 4 courses - but you had better bring your appetite. The mixed-grill entree alone will fill you up.

I wish I had spent more time there. I hope to visit again this fall and next spring.

Nearby Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel & Towers

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amman Travel Forum

Need advice about Amman, Jordan? Visit the Travel Forum for Amman and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amman hotel reviews

High on the hill.......
Citadel 2: the Byzantine church
Jabal Al Qal'a: Citadel Hill
Things to Do
A daytrip out of the city.
Amman through the ages 2: Ain Ghazal
Private driver
Taxi from airport
The theater
Things to Do
The museum inside the citadel
The Umayyad Palace
Byzantine Church
Things to Do
The main attraction inside the citadel
A nice jump in the past