Aisha Um Al Mumeneen St, Madaba, P.O. Box 397, Madaba, 17110, Jordan

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Doctor38's Profile Photo

An excellent choice

I left Madaba to Petra and I was told by chales Towal that when I come back there might not be a place for me so I went to see this Next door hotel. It was very nice brand new hotel. A very similar to the Mariam Hotel but without a swimming pool.

It will cost you 18 Dinars per night. I met few travelers who actually staied @ the Salome Hotel and they where very happy with the Hotel. I did not stay there personally becasue I found a place @ Meriam Hotel

More about Salome Hotel

getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by pepysjj

We are arriving from jersualem, crossing at allenby bridge, 28th March, to go on to madaba, where we are staying. can someone advise me if i can pick up a taxi there, to get to Madaba. and likely costs. any information abouthe journey. and travel around Madaba to the dead sea - information most welcome. thanks
jan

Re: getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by BigHeadBear

I think from Allenby Bridge to Madaba would cost you 17JOD as we took taxi from Madada to Allenby on second week of February but for sure you would have to bargain with taxi driver with the cost. You should be no problem to get taxi just outside the border in Jordan.

I stayed in Salome Hotel, the hotel and staff was very nice but prepare to turn hot water for at least 10 mins in order to get hot water after 5 or 6:30pm. I wouldn't get hot water before the time.

Since fuel price was gone up rapidly on first week of February, so price in Jordan is gone up as well. You would find the price would be quite difference with your guidebook.

Have fun in Jordan

Re: getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by pepysjj

Hi
thanks for your reply, the only reply so far about transport.
any more info on Madaba - did you go to Petra, or was that too far in one day?
Did you travel by taxi and bus when you were there?
Did you visit Janna Springs? - info info I should know - is it open to the public??
J