Muhafazat Madaba Hotels

• MM212 profile photo MM212
  • Reviews: 3974

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mövenpick: Dead Sea Resort & Spa

My travel companions and I stopped by the Mövenpick Dead Sea Resort & Spa for a few hours in December 2010 for lunch and to dip in the Dead Sea. The Mövenpick is one of two five-star accommodations on the Dead Sea and we chose it because it permits the use of its beach and spa facilities for a fee without having to stay overnight. The Kempinski, the other five-star resort, ranks no. 1, but its spa and beach are exclusive to those who stay overnight.

The Mövenpick is a stunning resort with excellent amenities, built in a traditional style with its own private beach on the Dead Sea. I highly recommend it for those who want to stop by for the day, and although I did not stay overnight, I would probably want to stay here if I chose to do so. I do not recall the exact price I paid to enter (I am writing this tip more than two years later!), but I am certain it was not more than JD20 per person.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mariam Hotel: Fantastic Owner and Comfortable place

The owner of this hotel makes the experience all worth it and it has such a cozy and comfortable feeling to it. It is my choice for the best place in town and the rooms are absolutely spotless with some of the most comfortable beds not in Jordan but in the Middle East. It is only two blocks northeast of the Al Mouhafada Circle, Charlie the owner is incredibly friendly and is fluent in Spanish, Russian, Arabic and English and organize anything you want. He can even organize transport to Queen Alia airport for around 12 JD. I must say it was the best spot I seen in all of Jordan and I highly recommend it. Fantastic. The 18$ double rooms are worth every dinar.

The owner is amazing, cozy lodge feeling with a fantastic atmospheric lounge where you can relax and read or use the internet. The beds are to die for and the attached baths are brilliant.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 9, 2007
Tip Photo

map of madaba and to the hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful