Crystal Hotel

triplehelix's Profile Photo

Midrange Luxury

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2006

The staff seemed pretty clueless about everything but otherwise helpful? Umm... The room was very nice and comfortable with TV and air con. I had a nice view of the city and the Gulf of Aqaba.

The room itself was very much packed with red fabrics and stuck to a Soviet style motif. The bathroom was clean but very oddly shaped with the huge sink in the back of the door. Because of that, the door wouldn't open more than half way. The shower curtain didn't make much sense (like the rest of the hotels i stayed at besides Four Seasons) as the water goes all over the place anyway. They provide a squeegee for that...

The lobby is grand and beautiful but felt very empty as they shut all the lights off if no one's around! That doesn't seem very professional but it doesn't seem like they care about that in Jordan :p. Even though it was Ramadan, the receptionist was eating a full meal which shocked me.

Unique Quality: Crystal Hotel is located in a great place and within walking distance to everything of importance. If you want to snorkle, you'll need to get a lift south though.

The thing I was upset about was that they charge an arm and a leg to use the phone. I paid about 10JD in Madaba and I called the US several times from there. I paid these guys about 65JD for making less than a few short calls. After I paid them the damn bill, they cut my phone off! I couldn't even make local calls and they kept delaying me when I asked about it.

Nearby Crystal Hotel

Crystal Hotel

• Crystal Hotel Aqaba

Address: Cornish Street, PO Box 905, Aqaba, 77110, Jordan

1 Photo of Crystal Hotel

Amenities at Crystal Hotel

• Restaurant

Aqaba Travel Forum

Need advice about Aqaba, Jordan? Visit the Travel Forum for Aqaba and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Aqaba hotel reviews