Moevenpick Resort Tala Bay

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Moevenpick Resort Tala Bay

AWESOME

by TripAdvisor Member bellows2001

Beautiful hotel. The Movenpick Tala Bay beats the Dead Sea Movenpick hands down. Amazing sea view as you enter, Staff very attentive. Rooms were brand new but very "IKEA" like in decor but hey you get to keep some very cool slippers which we all loved. Food was a little pricey but what you would expect to be paying. Would definitely stay there again, so many pools to choose from & beginning with the porters, to the hotel desk all staff were 5 stars. Highly recommend it.

new Movenpick, great place, wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member danjw

Stayed 6 nights at the Movenpick Tala Bay, 10 min south of Aqaba, Jordan. Great hotel. Only a couple of very minor issues common to a new hotel (only opened this summer and Phase 2 with the full spa and gym won't open until early to mid 2010). Excellent pools, decent beach and plenty of beach/deck chairs. Daily activities arranged as well for those who want them.

The staff were what made this place truly outstanding and they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful from start to finish. They even dropped everything to help us our final night when our Royal Jordanian flight to Amman got cancelled and arranged a fair priced taxi to get us to Amman in time for our connecting flight home.

We loved the location being away from the noise and busy-ness of Aqaba. Quiet and a short walk along the beach to the newly developed marina area with more shops and restaurants. Much more being developed too. Free shuttle to/from Aqaba & the airport was handy as well.

Excellent breakfast buffet. Italian Restaurant was very good too.

An exllecent vacation at Moevenpick Resort Tala Bay Aqaba

by TripAdvisor Member Umabdullah

Its not the first time I stay in Mövenpick Hotels, but when I went to Mövenpick Resort Tala Bay I was really happy with my decision of chosen such nice relaxing resort; and I really would like to share my experience at this lovely place with you; I will start with the employees who were really friendly smiling all the time a very responsive , Rooms & décors of the resort are fabulous new & nice modern designs , The food is really excellent very tasty and delight and the location of the resort is really good away from crowd a very excellent spot to chill and relax .
And I recommend this resort and I will advice my friend and family to go and to experience the a nice time I spent there .

Kafa Ibrahim .

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member darchor

Staying at this hotel was an amazing experience! My partner and I have traveled all through Jordan, and by far this has been the best hotel experience we have had. The facilities at this resort is simply outstanding... we really enjoyed the variety of pools. The food was exceptional! It was always top quality and the variety was simply delicious! We always looked forward to eating because we knew it would be something great! The buffet was really wonderful and I think by far, one of the best hotel buffets I have ever come by. The Italian restaurant was really wonderful and I would highly recommend it. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very romantic. And the staff were simply wonderful! I enjoyed the huge diversity of employees! The staff were so friendly and extremely professional! I felt that every one was proud to be working at such a wonderful hotel! The decoration of the hotel is also very unique! I really loved the paintings around the lobby area. And the lighting of the hotel at night is simply breathtaking! My partner and I had a very positive experience and would highly recommend it to everyone planning a trip to Jordan!

Excellent staff but expensive drinks

by TripAdvisor Member kentishlassLondon

We stayed a week and used it as a base to visit sites in the area. and I would definitely recommend it to others wishing to visit sites in southern Jordan. The reception staff were excellent in arranging a driver to take us to Petra.

The range of swimming pools was good and they felt uncrowded. The view from the beach was beautiful. Although Tala bay is quite remote there is a shuttle to Aqaba and there is a small selection of shops and bars in the marina which was just a couple of minutes' walk along the beach. We visited Aqaba a couple of times and I think Tala Bay is a much more relaxing place to stay. Despite all the pools the hotel feels more like a business hotel than a romantic get-away as the rooms are very comfortable but in a functional way and are not personalised.

We booked through a UK operator and paid a reduced rate because the Spar & fitness centre were not yet open. There were a couple of minor issues that may have been early teething problems (our room was not cleaned one day and we got an unasked for 6am wake-up call another day) but generally the hotel was fully up and running and the staff knew what they were doing.

Likes:
- The amazing breakfast buffet
- The friendly and helpful staff
- The onsite dive centre offers dives straight off the beach and provided an excellent service.

Dislikes:
- Drinks prices were too high (soft drinks as well as alcoholic). I felt the hotel was taking advantage of its remote location and mark-ups compared to local shop prices were verging on the riduculous. If the hotel cut drinks prices significantly then they would actually have made more money from me as would have spent more evenings in the hotel rather than going into Aqaba or the marina.

FANTASTIC

by TripAdvisor Member suzyrusso

As a member of tripadvisor and a resident of Aqaba i have to say how lucky i am to have this fantastic resort on my doorstep.It is a wonderful new addition for Jordan and has something to offer for everyone.The gardens pools and beach,are a picture of tranquillity leaving plenty of space to relax and enjoy the scenery,the beach being designed in away that even when full gives you plenty of space and privacy and you have a selection of pools meandering through the gardens.There is a lovely club for the children which is strategically placed in a corner of the resort with its own pool so as not to disturb the peace and quiet of other guests.You have a choice of three excellent restaurants with a wide and various choice of cuisine,the staff all being well trained and friendly,from different nationalities,What is most unusual is to see Kenyans among the staff whose beaming and friendly smiles will make your day.There is a bar and disco in the evenings which i didn;t have the opportunity to try as yet ,but i'm sure will be well run,also for those who wish to pamper themselves there is massage and gym on the premises there is also a nice gift shop and a shuttle bus service for those wishing to visit the town. Well done to the management and staff for their teamwork and hardwork in getting this project up and running,and on schedule not an easy task in this part of the world. SUZY RUSSO

Beautiful hotel & truly wonderful service. Genuinely 5*.

by TripAdvisor Member Waterbaby_9

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. In traditional Movenpick Swiss tradition the decor and finishing is brilliant and they maintain that level of consistency and attention to detail throughout the hotel. When I compare it to the hotels in Sharm el Sheikh and Taba I can say it really is a genuine 5* - although this is probably because it isn 't an all inclusive, unlike the ones in Egypt.

I much prefer Tala Bay to Aqaba Town. It's much quieter, more secluded and is more like a proper resort.

The hotel staff at the Movenpick simply couldn't do enough for us. They catered to all our needs, fulfilled every request immediately (fixed our TV, brought us an iron, sent in a cleaner to tidy up when requested). The food was great and room service is the best I've ever had.

The pools are beautifully laid out and the pool staff keep checking on you, sorting out your loungers and towels and the waiters literally come running when you wave them.

The beach is clean and very big (unlike the Aqaba town hotels which have tiny beaches). There were cleaning staff trawling the beach every morning to pick up any rubbish and keep it clean. Tala Bay itself has a variety of diving clubs and water sports centres offering snorkelling trips, diving and fun sports - it's worth walking down the length of the beach to pick which ones you want and get the best price.

There is a shuttle bus into town that drops you off at the Movenpick Aqaba and you can get access to all the facilities there too, not that I saw any need at all.

It was a bit too windy in November which would make it too cold for some, but it was still very sunny and you can find shielded spots near the pool where the wind doesn't hit you. The heated pools and hot tubs were fabulous in the winter and the hotel told us that ALL the pools would be heated in the future ( the hotel only opened a few weeks ago ).

There was also wifi internet in every room which was incredibly useful.

There was plenty of entertainment at night, with salsa themed nights and various entertainment and of course the ever popular arghileh terrace.

Our friends had to leave almost as soon as we arrived due to an expected death in the family, and the hotel very kindly offered to give them another night free at a later date in lieu of the night they missed. They also arranged a taxi for them to get to town and allowed them to check out very quickly. Just another example of the brilliant service at this hotel.

I can't wait to go back when it's hot!

This really has the WOW factor!

by TripAdvisor Member judgejudi

This is a world-class hotel with amazing food, fantastic staff and great facilities. Initially very quiet when we arrived but then full to capacity for Eid holidays, with over 1000 guests at one point but the staff were always attentive and on top of everything. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the service levels remained impeccable. Eid gifts were placed in our rooms. A waiter picked up a casual remark about my husband's birthday and, by the end of the meal had arranged a surprise birthday cake and the chefs came and sang happy birthday at the table. This was a complete surprise and done at his initiative, not our request!
We had been a little apprehensive about 'buffet' style dining but the food was always freshly cooked, the choice, quality and presentation was incredible and it represented real value for money at 22JD for dinner. Breakfasts were amazing with every conceivable style of food choice. The poolside bar/restaurant offered informal dining and the Italian restaurant was top notch as well. As the hotel has only just opened the gardens have yet to mature but are already very attractive, the pools/jacuzzis are immaculate and have plenty of lifeguards and other staff. There are masses of loungers both around the pools and on the beach and it was always possible to find a quiet spot. We didn't use the night club but the entertainment in the rooftop bar was excellent, live music and even belly dancing - not at all tacky. Another review thought drinks were expensive - well it's a 5 star hotel and prices are what you would pay . Boittled water is provided in your room
Rooms are spacious, well soundproofed, all with balconies and sofas, flat screen TVs, gowns and slippers, beautiful bed linen, and excellent toiletries. There is a free regular shuttle bus service to the Movenpick in Aqaba town

The hotel lives up to its claim to be dedicated to the guests, whether they are families or couples wanting a chill-out time. The aim is to be the top hotel in Jordan and I should think they will succeed. We definitely want to return, it's an ideal place to escape the British gloomy winter and get some sun. Petra and Wadi Rum are not too far away, Dead Sea is further but worth the trip.

Great, great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Grey101

Just came back from a week at Movenpick Tala it is a great hotel: staff are very helpful, pools lovely and the food great. The location is around 6 miles south of Aqaba but is only a 10 minute drive.

Tala is a new resort with some great diving just 10 minutes from the hotel by the public beach. It is surrounded by desert but as it is so easy to get around by car so the location was fine. The one problem we had was with car hire which is around 40% more expensive via the hotel than it is in Aqaba I would recommend using AVIS in town they charged 35JD a day for a Chevy.

Once we had the car we went for a day and night at Wadi Rum (about 1 hour drive) with www.guidesofwadirum.com. I absolutely recommend spending a night in the desert you wake up in complete isolation and peace after a night of Bedouin entertainment.

Also drove to Petra (2.5 hours) get there at 7am and you will have the place to yourself.

One thing I would say about driving from Tala is take the Aqaba back road it is much quicker than going through Aqaba.

I also did a bird survey around the resort while there and there are some excellent birds to see if you look around including: White-eyed gulls, Siberian Stonechat, Kingfisher, Black Redstart, Bluethroat, Desert Wheatear, Desert Lark, Reef Heron and Brown Booby (also Robin and Song Thrush which I guess are rare for south Jordan). This place will be excellent for birds in spring.

Extra ordinary

by TripAdvisor Member Mr_Janakat

Absolutely stunning hotel
One of the best I ever went to,
Swimming pool is breathtaking; you can spend your weekend swimming
Breakfast buffet which had the required variety, not to mention that rooms size were also great
I would totally recommend it to my friends

Wadi Yitm bey AqabaWadi Yitm bey Aqaba

flag of Jordan and its huge flagpoleflag of Jordan and its huge flagpole

Camels in PetraCamels in Petra

M. A.  QatawnehM. A. Qatawneh

Diving in Aqaba

by Valeriya

Hello to everybody! Would you be so kind as to share your impressions about AQABA and it's diving? It would be great if you describe all the dive sites you visited, what is most interesting and exciting about them! I would be thankful to get some photos as well! Thanks to all!!! :))

RE: Diving in Aqaba

by TheWanderingCamel

There's a website that you must visit : www.jordanjubilee.com

It has a whole lot about diving in Aqaba and a description of about a dozen different dive sites

RE: Diving in Aqaba

by Vabate

See:
Royal Diving Club: www.rdc.jo
Dive Aqaba: www.diveaqaba.com
NEW - Aquamarina: www.aquamarina-group.com

The Saudi Wall and Cedar Pride Wreck are particularly distinctive dive sites.
Overall - abundance to see but expensive - 15JD tank, weights; 25JD full equip + lunch + boat charge for full day diving. Shop around and consider staying at one hotel and diving with an alternate PADI centre. Price packages if you're staying for a week (Ultramarina in France, Longwood in UK). Both shore and boat diving are available. Note that the Gulf of Aqaba is mostly fringing reef (boots are a must) - you don't need a boat, it's just for pleasure.

Comments