Beit Zaman

PO Box 122, (formerly Grand Hotel Mercure Petra Beit), Petra / Wadi Musa, Jordan
Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

More about Wadi Musa

Sahtain dining room - Jan 2011Sahtain dining room - Jan 2011

al-Arabi dining room, Dec 2010al-Arabi dining room, Dec 2010

busy wadi musa roundabout.busy wadi musa roundabout.

Wadi Musa hotel

by jccrossland

Anyone who's stayed there recently got any comments on the Valentine Inn in Wadi Musa?.

Re: Wadi Musa hotel

by TheDunno

i stayed in valentine Inn in october 2002. In the guidebook we read about a crazy owner who harrased female travellers numerous times. The guidebook also wrote about a recent change of ownership so we thought it would be okay to stay there.

And for us it was! Cheap place, clean rooms, good food.

Afterwards we found out that the "old owner' is still there. Now his wife is the owner of the place.
So for single women: better stay away from the Valentine Inn!

Joost

RE: RE: Wadi Musa hotel

by daugavpilietis

This is an old posting, but I'll reply now anyway because it came up on a search engine. There are indeed nasty rumors about the place, but all of the rumors we heard were third or fourth hand, and others told us that they had been started by the competition. This is quite believable, especially since the inn does not give kickbacks to drivers, as many of the cheaper places do -- the cost is usually passed on to you. It seems very unfair to malign the Valentine Inn (a truly wonderful place to stay!) because of unsubstantiated rumors.

My review is here -- http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/672eb/1b7853/3/

RE: Wadi Musa hotel

by blindrewind

I spent two nights at the Valentine Inn in December 2006. I must admit that I had some very strange experiences there, and have reason to believe that this place is not nearly normal. It's downright creepy, and the owners and staff were most odd. While meeting other guests in the reception/lounge/dining area - the only place with heaa heater - during my stay, we exchanged experiences, and I can confirm that I was not the only one who felt very unwelcome there. I did do some onsite investigation, inasmuch as this was possible, as I was watched most of the time, but have too little evidence to put a more concise finger on the problem. The word used most often by the unwelcome guests to describe their stay at Valentine's Inn is 'wierd". I did notice that certain guests are much more welcome than others; in my case the distinction was not between genders. And I do sometimes believe big brother is watching. To me Valentine was my first taste of something secretive and sinister in the middle east, and I would not recommend anybody to stay there unless they excell at being blissfully ignorant.
Blindrewind

Travel Tips for Wadi Musa

Movenpick

by RblWthACoz

Even if you aren't staying here, it's worth taking a walk through to see the beautiful Damascene style this hotel has been done in. For an international chain to show such commitment to local design is applaudable and should be emulated at all costs. After another 2,000 years if the area should somehow become deserted again, hopefully this hotel would stand as a sight for future sightseekers to behold.

Comments