The Palms Beach Hotel and Spa - Kuwait

Al Ta'awon St. Road 25, Bida'a Area, PO Box 24079, Safat, Kuwait City, 13101, Kuwait
The Palms Beach Hotel and Spa
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 5 star hotels

More about Kuwait

Boats on DohaBoats on Doha

Fountain in the squareFountain in the square

Another view of the festivitiesAnother view of the festivities

View of the market from the parkView of the market from the park

Is there a in transit desk in Kuwait Int. Airport ???

by jlanza29

Hello my VT friends ... want to ask if anyone knows if there is a in transit desk at the airport, I will be flying in on United Airlines and changing over to Qatar Airways, I have 2 different tickets so I was wondering if I can check in at the in transit desk or will I have to exist and go to the ticket counter up front and then come back thru security ??? I have about 2 hrs in between flights ..... Any info would help ... Thanks ... jlanza29

by Fluffy_bunny

There is definitely a transit desk. The question is what happens to your bags. You need to check if the bags will be checked through.

by jlanza29

Thanks... luckly for me, I will have no bags ... only my carry on (quick trip) ... when I was there last year I don't remeber seeing it ... we went thru customs and Immigrations and spent the afternoon in Kuwait and then went back but this time only connecting thru ....

Bunny your also on VT.

Bunny I was told Yamanat company In Yemen change a customer nearly 300 USD for a Yemenia Visa. Yammanat is making so much money.

by Dan30

VT members also do outstanding Job answering VT question, well done Bunny.

by Fluffy_bunny

Yes, i tend to get around. Yamanet is the only known company offering LOI service without a tour in Yemen. As such, they can ask for whatever they want. My understanding is it's $300 by land, $250 for air arrival in Aden and $200 for arrival in San'a

by Dan30

Bunny indeed you are right.

Yemeni Tour Company changing so much for LOI letters – as Yemeni Mission aboard is asking for so much red tape.

This option is easiest way.

Travel Tips for Kuwait

Know your exchange rate !!!!!

by jlanza29

Ok, this was my first trip to Kuwait, so very important is that you know the exchange rate for the country you reside in.....The ATM minimal withdrawl is 20 KWD which equals $70 US dollars, be careful don't think the Kuwaiti dinar is low, it's the total opposite !!!! Watch it !!!!

Public Displays of Affection

by siinq8

Displays of affection between adults are a big no-no particularly between unmarried couples. Hand holding is generally acceptable but kissing in public other than as a greeting is best avoided. Saying that, Arabs are very 'touchy feely" people and members of the same sex will touch you on the arm or shoulder during disucssions more often than westerners. Also, it is not uncommon to see men holding hands in public.

Good Luck Getting In, But Its Worth A Visit

by jwp1909

The Sabah Al-Ahmed National Reserve is a little-known reserve located about 10 miles from the terminus of Sixth Ring road. Just follow sixth ring through the police check-point and keep driving strait. The reserve is difficult to get into. I had to submit a hand-written request which was approved about two weeks later and granted me access for a mere two weeks. The guards informed me that no one is ever allowed permission and they were surprised I was permitted. The obvious highlight of the reserve is the long line of escarpments about a quater mile from the fence. The park is 1,400, acres; small by some standards, but huge for Kuwait. There is nothing beyond the escarpments but open desert, of which I happen to be a fan. Across the highway is a large section of tidal flats and wet-lands. There is very little trash or pollution of any kind inside the reserve.

Supreme Court

by mikey_e

Contrary to what many people believe about the Gulf countries, Kuwait does in fact have a constitution with certain guaranteed rights that are protected by a Supreme Court. In fact, the Supreme Court has played a fairly influential role in Kuwaiti life over the past few years, reinforcing womens' rights and the boundaries of the ulema in deciding legislation. That, however, is not why I took all these pictures of the Supreme Court. Rather, I took pictures because I liked the design of the building and the way in which the Kuwaitis had used traditional patterning to adorn an otherwise functional building. You cannot go into the building - as many Supreme Courts around the world - but you can take pictures of the building and admire it from afar, most notably from Sawaber Park on Ali Al-Salem Street.

Old Fashioned American

by jbabinski78 about Johnny Rockets

I typically like to try the local cusine when traveling to different areas, but unfortunately the people in my party don't have the tastebuds for something "different" so Johnny Rockets won this day. I've been to Johnny Rockets back home in states before and love their milkshakes.

This time around I went with a sandwich,fries and a diet coke. I think the sandwich was a patty melt with bacon. Well it was turkey bacon but the sandwich was great and hit the spot.

The funniest thing about Johnny Rockets is that when i speak to other Americans here they tell me it's the place to go for the best Apple pie. I did take a bite out of my friend's Apple Pie A la mode and it was D-LICIOUS!~

Same Johnny Rockets taste as the states minus the pork bacon. :-) Patty Melt