Lebanon Hotels

Our Members Say

• Cockleshell profile photo Cockleshell
  • Reviews: 202

Monoberge Hotel: Very comfortable stay

Excellent small hotel just a few minutes walk from historic Jbeil. Very comfortable large rooms. I enjoyed the breakfasts. This was my favourite place to stay on my trip to Lebanon. So good that I stayed there twice. And a big thank you to the reception staff who arranged for the public bus from Beirut to Bcharre to stop for me.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 4, 2012

• MikenKim profile photo MikenKim

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa D'Or Hotel: Overpriced in Al Hamra

Fancy front lobby but the rooms were nothing special. The bathroom was small, room lacked charm and the cable did not work. They charged for wifi. Front desk staff was rude. I would not recommend based on the price, there are better options in the neighborhood.

• Written December 2, 2010

• MikenKim profile photo MikenKim

Coral Suites Al Hamra: Great hotel in Al Hamra

Great hotel right off of Al Hamra. We got a deal on the rate so shop around and reserve early to get a good price. The room was very nice, clean and modern. Great bathroom, big bed with nice sheets and balcony. The room rate included an excellent buffet breakfast in the morning. The front deak staff were extreamly helpful. Highly recommended.

• Written December 2, 2010

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

University Hotel: Cheap, great location but a sh*thole hotel

Why Lonely Planet puts this hotel in the mid range category is BEYOND me. The location is good. Price for my "suite"... sorry, I can barely type that in without laughing my ass off... was $35 a night. The twin beds were clean. I will say that much. I was too afraid to shower, sit on the toilet seat or sit on the fake leather dilapidated sofa. There were so many disgusting water marks (that's what I told myself) on the ceiling, I made up little story pictures while trying to fall asleep. BUT, if you want something inexpensive, clean (just very worn down), great location then this place is for you. In this hotel's defense, as I've gotten old, I expect more but I have stayed in all sorts of places and this place should be categorized as budget not mid range and the suite was HUGE. See, I did find something positive. My dad had a separate room which I never saw so maybe his was better. Guess I should have asked.

Location.

• Written May 8, 2010

View from hotel

• SedonaDee profile photo SedonaDee
  • Reviews: 57

Gefinor Rotana Beirut: Sweet, Friendly, Clean in Central Beirut

Just returned to the U.S. from a 5-night stay at the 5-star Gefinor Rotana Beirut. We had a regular hotel room that was quite small, but adequate. In contrast, it had a huge balcony, but no furniture on the balcony to enjoy sitting out there. Buildings are very close together in Beirut, so our view was out to another building, but a pretty building. The room has a desk, old style Phillips TV, refrig, coffee maker, & a couple of chairs with a table. There was a very small closet with not many hangars and only a few very small drawers, so we did not unpack much from our suitcases. The bathroom had one sink, bathtub/shower with good shower head, toilet that was tempermental to flush, and a bidet. It was roomy enough, but not huge. The cleanliness of the room, bathroom, and overall hotel was impeccable.

There is a nice exercise/workout room, pool, and spa at the top of the hotel. The pool was in a nice location and was sparkling clean. There was also a bar by the pool, but we were there in January, so this outdoor area on the roof was not really used much. We did not use the spa, so cannot comment on that.

The hotel is truly centrally located and easy to walk to many parts of Beirut. The service was very friendly and professional. We only had one problem when we didn't get a wake-up call that we needed on our last morning to get to the airport. The front desk claim they called and talked to me, but I had luckily awakened earlier than necessary and I can verify we never got a call. They either called the wrong room or told a fib about it. All other days we received wake-up calls as requested. There were short daily outages of electricity, but this is not the hotel's fault. It happens all over Beirut due to lack of enough electricity for the country, so the short outages should be taken in stride.

There is no clock in the room, so wear a watch or bring a travel clock if you'll need an alarm. Due to our experience we wouldn't trust the front desk to call as requested.

In spite of my few criticisms, I would certainly stay at this hotel again, as I liked the service, the cleanliness, the food, and location.

-Though Beirut doesn't have enough bandwidth or internet speed, this hotel has recently purchased extra bandwidth & it seemed speedy enough for us and is enabled with Wi-Fi. There was a cost of $10 for 3 hours of connectivity or $20 for 24 hours of connectivity.

-This hotel seemed to be very popular with business folks, who were always bustling through the lobby, talking in the restaurant & bar.

-Small Business Center located near the front desk.

-Safe available in room.

-Non-smoking rooms available.

-Dining room, called Olive & Oil has excellent food and super service.

-Fully-equipped fitness center.

-Nice bar on ground level.

-Complimentary bottled water daily in the room.

-Ladies Beauty Salon on site.

-Daily newspaper - ours was in English and had mostly Middle Eastern news.

-In-room Dining available 24-hrs/day.

-Irons & Ironing Boards are NOT in the rooms, but are available if asked.

-There are not ice machines, but ice is available from room service.

-There is a concierge available and they can make reservations for tours to other towns of interest.

-The hotel is air conditioned and heated.

-If you forget electrical adaptors, you can get them from the housekeeping department.

-Pets are NOT allowed.

• Related to: Business Travel, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 22, 2010

Front of the Gefinor Rotana Beirut Hotel

• peterocnnor profile photo peterocnnor
  • Reviews: 74

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

luxury beachside accomdation: lebanon's home of luxury

spent 3 days & nights here 9th 10th & 11th of september 2009. the staff were 1st rate & 2nd to none friendly & helpful . fine dining at a good price . and the private beach tremendous stuff altogether. great location ten minutes walk to al mina & about 20 - 25 minutes walk to al bass the 2 main historical sites of tyre .5 minutes walk to the public beach & resturants 10 minutes walk from the main banks & money changers & souq's & harbour . the rooms were huge clean & had all the mod cons great room service and the beach if your staying on the first floor is 30 feet from your front porch . i would highly recommend this hotel it is grade a . i wll b back

1/ excellent friendly staff & elegant & spacecious rooms & fine resturant
2, beautiful & spanking clean private beach
3, breath taking view of the sunrise & sunset
4, brillant location close the main site's & souqs & banks & harbour in sour
5,the relaxing atmosphere provide was the stuff of dreams

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Historical Travel
  • Written October 17, 2009

• nkhoury profile photo nkhoury
  • Reviews: 1

www.ahlein.net: Furnished apartments

http://www.ahlein.net is a website where furnished apartments are advertised for free

You might find what you are looking for on it

• Related to: Disabilities, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 27, 2008
Tip Photo

• duckoflife profile photo duckoflife

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The orient hotel: Do not stay in sidon

We wanted to kill a day by spending it in Sidon on our way to tyre, to be honest we should have kept going. the crusader castle was alright and the atmosphere was a lot different from the north of Lebanon. but after seeing the accommodation's its not worth it. we got to this hotel and the manager hands us candles and tells us we need them for when the power goes out, and sure enough at 7 pm the city went dark except someone about a block away was running a huge generator that wasn't the most pleasant background noise. the toilet hadn't been cleaned since the last use... or flushed for that matter. the window didn't shut and it gets cold in the winter at night.

Above some weird store that sells toilet paper and and plastic garbage bags.

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Religious Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written March 31, 2008

• monk911 profile photo monk911
  • Reviews: 4

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel plaza hamra street..: one of hamra street's good hotels...

overall the hotel stay was fair. however there was no internet in the rooms, one has to access from lobby or lina's cafe..u would have buy one those cards for same. also there wasnt a minibar or fridge. the bathroom was ok and housing keeping great.the rooms were average sized,nothing great..the other problem in lebanon was that usual pwer shortages, so most time genrators kicked, but was a time didnt have electricity for few hours...its ok coz the weather aint that bad, being in middleeast n all..yes i would recommend the hotel to singles,families with a budget of say US $ 55 - 65/- ROOM NIGHT, that includes their breakfast as well 7.30 - 10.00!!..its well located from shopping,restaurants,shisha cafes,pubs and the beach corniche which is abt 15-20 mts walk downwards the hill of sort..but if want seafacing then the corniche is the place, got sm snazzy great hotels there..

what impressed me abt the place & lebanon, inspite of all the problems people were friendly and helpful...yeah if u ever stay at the plazahotel, do get in touch with "BILAL" AT THE FRONT DESK-RECEPTION OR ROOM SERVICE & TIPS ABT CITY ASK FOR "RAMY", helpful guys..refernence both will know!!...beirut is truly the "PARIS OF EAST"...well the views aint something extraordinary, gives a view of the street, but thats intresting as u watch life go by for the typical lebanese resident in ur blacony..its all ok i guess!!

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 28, 2007
Tip Photo

me outside the entrance of plazahote!

• Clara_Louise profile photo Clara_Louise
  • Reviews: 19

3rd Floor Pension Hotel Valery: Friendly small hotel

Super friendly hotel, more like a family home. I stayed there alone and felt very well looked after. I booked ahead and they gave me a sunny room with twin beds (but I paid single prices). Some of the rooms are dingy and dark so do try to call ahead. The owner speaks excellent English and enjoys talking to guests. There is a reception area with seats and a small balcony. I ate most of my meals at the hotel- good home cooking. I am vegetarian and they were very adaptable, even finding some tofu! Located in the 3rd floor of the Saab builing near the Intercontinental Hotel- a good location, very close to the seafront and walkable to the Downtown area. Shared bathroom. It is of the basic variety though- if you're pernickety this wouldn't be for you.

The hotel on the 2nd floor also goes by the same name. You can ask the manager for the story. Just remember that this place is on the 3rd floor. If this is full when you arrive it's convenient as there is another hotel close by!

Cheap as well- I think I paid around US$6 and meals were cheap too. This was just after the ceasefire though and I didn't see another tourist!

• Written October 3, 2006

• crazyman2 profile photo crazyman2
  • Reviews: 275

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Chtaura Park: velvet wallpaper!

Our party stayed here one night en route to the Valley from Beirut.

This is a large, luxury hotel near the Beqaa Valley.

Look at the photos in the foyer/lobby: how many famous faces can you spot?
If there's a meeting inLebanon, away from Beirut, then the chances are that it'll be here!

Our wow room was decorated in purple velvet! Mmmm. This is obviously the thing in Lebanon!
The dining room was large and full of dazzle.

The evening meal was not good ---although I was the only one in my tour group to think this!

It was an interesting experience ---yes, I'd go back but not as part of a group so that the food would be better.

There is a chance to cash a travellers cheque ---if they have enough cash!

• Written August 19, 2006

• nurselara profile photo nurselara
  • Reviews: 41

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Someone's house: Make friends on the plane!!

Lebanese people are friendly and incredibly hospitable. If you talk to them on the plane you might be lucky enough to be invited to stay at their house which will include delicious home made Lebanese food, entertainment and they will even drive you around to tourist attractions.
Good Luck on making friends, it will cut your costs!!!

• Written January 30, 2005

• nurselara profile photo nurselara
  • Reviews: 41

Napoleon Hotel: Hotel in Hamra-Downtown Beirut

We stayed at the Napoleon Hotel for one night. The room service was fast, people were very friendly. Our stay included a traditional Lebanese Breakfast. We stayed on the 10th floor and had a good view of the city of Beirut.

• Written January 30, 2005

• asvetlana profile photo asvetlana
  • Reviews: 36

Le Meridien Commodore: The best 4* hotel I've seen so far

An excellent hotel at very reasonable prices ... if you book online. I paid $86 per night for a single room (tax included) booking with hotels.com. The rates quoted at the reception were about 3 times higher.
The room was very comfortable, with enough space and even a balcony (not a view though, but who cares).

The hotel boasts a swimming pool, 4 restaurants (including Japanese and Italian) and a gym. Never had the chance to try them, though - so much else to see and do around.
What I found quite unique are those little sparkles of wit, written on small cards and sous-vertes, that give advice and set the mood (hope you can see the picture).

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written January 18, 2005

management wit

• uglyscot profile photo uglyscot
  • Reviews: 1510

Holiday Inn: A hotel in Dunes

We had a 9 day stay at the hotel as members of a commission. Our accommodation was excellent. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day, and room service arrive promptly. There was a breakfast buffet included in the board. Lunches were available in the restaurant at a reasonable price.
There was a shopping mall attached to the hotel with cinemas, bowling alley, arcade, internet cafe, bookshop, fitness centre as well as clothing shops, though a bit expensive.

Good service and very well kept.
Views mainly over streets so not very interesting.

• Written May 29, 2004