Lebanon Hotels

Our Members Say

• xaver profile photo xaver
  • Reviews: 1222

Hotel Mayflower: A nice base

As Lebanon is a small country and we had just a few days to spend there, we decided to stay in Beirut and move everyday in an another city to visit.
Beirut or Jounieh are the best choices to do so, as they practically are no more than 2 hours far from any destination in Lebanon.
We stayed in hotel Mayflower, a nice confortable one.

The bar happy hour from 7 pm to 9 pm, the only time when you can get something cheap around here :-)

• Written December 30, 2003

Beirut

• sachara profile photo sachara
  • Reviews: 3907

El Mounia Hotel: Mazraat Khaizarane, seaview

Halfway Sidon and Tyr we stayed in a hotel in Mazraat Khaizarane at the beach.
The rooms had a balcony with seaview, so we could enjoy the sunset at the Mediterranean Sea from our balcony.
This hotel was our starting point for visits to Tyr, Sidon and the Chouf Mountains.

All our hotels in Lebanon had splendid views:
in Bcharre the Chbat Hotel at the mountains, in Baalbeck the Palmyra hotel at the ruins,
in Zahle the Hotel Monte Alberto down at the city and the surrounding mountains.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written October 18, 2003

seaview Khaizarane

Savoy: Wow!

Savoy raouche hotel is a very good hotel located in Hamra street very close to the Cornish of Beirut, and of a very good price and in a strange way very comfortable and good quality, I am saying strange as the prices are not adequately with the good quality.

4 stars

• Written September 28, 2003

Me in Savoy Hotel

• Clara_Louise profile photo Clara_Louise
  • Reviews: 19

3rd Floor Pension Hotel Valery: Friendly small hotel

Super friendly hotel, more like a family home. I stayed there alone and felt very well looked after. I booked ahead and they gave me a sunny room with twin beds (but I paid single prices). Some of the rooms are dingy and dark so do try to call ahead. The owner speaks excellent English and enjoys talking to guests. There is a reception area with seats and a small balcony. I ate most of my meals at the hotel- good home cooking. I am vegetarian and they were very adaptable, even finding some tofu! Located in the 3rd floor of the Saab builing near the Intercontinental Hotel- a good location, very close to the seafront and walkable to the Downtown area. Shared bathroom. It is of the basic variety though- if you're pernickety this wouldn't be for you.

The hotel on the 2nd floor also goes by the same name. You can ask the manager for the story. Just remember that this place is on the 3rd floor. If this is full when you arrive it's convenient as there is another hotel close by!

Cheap as well- I think I paid around US$6 and meals were cheap too. This was just after the ceasefire though and I didn't see another tourist!

• Written October 3, 2006

• uglyscot profile photo uglyscot
  • Reviews: 1510

Holiday Inn: A hotel in Dunes

We had a 9 day stay at the hotel as members of a commission. Our accommodation was excellent. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day, and room service arrive promptly. There was a breakfast buffet included in the board. Lunches were available in the restaurant at a reasonable price.
There was a shopping mall attached to the hotel with cinemas, bowling alley, arcade, internet cafe, bookshop, fitness centre as well as clothing shops, though a bit expensive.

Good service and very well kept.
Views mainly over streets so not very interesting.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written May 29, 2004

Verdun Street by Holiday Inn

• asvetlana profile photo asvetlana
  • Reviews: 36

Le Meridien Commodore: The best 4* hotel I've seen so far

An excellent hotel at very reasonable prices ... if you book online. I paid $86 per night for a single room (tax included) booking with hotels.com. The rates quoted at the reception were about 3 times higher.
The room was very comfortable, with enough space and even a balcony (not a view though, but who cares).

The hotel boasts a swimming pool, 4 restaurants (including Japanese and Italian) and a gym. Never had the chance to try them, though - so much else to see and do around.
What I found quite unique are those little sparkles of wit, written on small cards and sous-vertes, that give advice and set the mood (hope you can see the picture).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written January 18, 2005

management wit

• nurselara profile photo nurselara
  • Reviews: 41

Napoleon Hotel: Hotel in Hamra-Downtown Beirut

We stayed at the Napoleon Hotel for one night. The room service was fast, people were very friendly. Our stay included a traditional Lebanese Breakfast. We stayed on the 10th floor and had a good view of the city of Beirut.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 30, 2005

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Movenpick: Only when you have A Jaguar!

It's the luxury level in Beirut!
It's really awesome with all the best things which a tourist can have and to pass great times on the beach as it's built on the coast!

5 Stars

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written June 22, 2003

Movenpick

Movenpick: Jaguar needed!

LOL
Why because one night there will coast you 400$ and over!
So all the clients have super cars like the Jaguar I took near the Movenpick!
Any way I wish my friends can make it one day!

5 stars

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written June 23, 2003

Jaguar!

• hajar1979 profile photo hajar1979
  • Reviews: 8

best backpacker's place

owner of hotel , Michel, is very friendly and goes out of his way to make your stay a memorable one. bought me a CD i was hankering after but could not find in virgin records, at the local markets. was very responsive to emails, and accommodated a last minute change in travel plans.
picked me up when i was stranded in a nearby coffeeshop after a horrifying taxi ride around lebanon, all the time wondering if the taxi driver was going to rape me on my first night in beirut. personally took me out and showed me around town, recommending the best nightspots . place is pension al-nazih.

clean, outstanding personal service, access to other backpackers you can hook up with. a combination unattainable in the best hotels.

• Written October 22, 2003

• SedonaDee profile photo SedonaDee
  • Reviews: 57

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gefinor Rotana Beirut: Sweet, Friendly, Clean in Central Beirut

Just returned to the U.S. from a 5-night stay at the 5-star Gefinor Rotana Beirut. We had a regular hotel room that was quite small, but adequate. In contrast, it had a huge balcony, but no furniture on the balcony to enjoy sitting out there. Buildings are very close together in Beirut, so our view was out to another building, but a pretty building. The room has a desk, old style Phillips TV, refrig, coffee maker, & a couple of chairs with a table. There was a very small closet with not many hangars and only a few very small drawers, so we did not unpack much from our suitcases. The bathroom had one sink, bathtub/shower with good shower head, toilet that was tempermental to flush, and a bidet. It was roomy enough, but not huge. The cleanliness of the room, bathroom, and overall hotel was impeccable.

There is a nice exercise/workout room, pool, and spa at the top of the hotel. The pool was in a nice location and was sparkling clean. There was also a bar by the pool, but we were there in January, so this outdoor area on the roof was not really used much. We did not use the spa, so cannot comment on that.

The hotel is truly centrally located and easy to walk to many parts of Beirut. The service was very friendly and professional. We only had one problem when we didn't get a wake-up call that we needed on our last morning to get to the airport. The front desk claim they called and talked to me, but I had luckily awakened earlier than necessary and I can verify we never got a call. They either called the wrong room or told a fib about it. All other days we received wake-up calls as requested. There were short daily outages of electricity, but this is not the hotel's fault. It happens all over Beirut due to lack of enough electricity for the country, so the short outages should be taken in stride.

There is no clock in the room, so wear a watch or bring a travel clock if you'll need an alarm. Due to our experience we wouldn't trust the front desk to call as requested.

In spite of my few criticisms, I would certainly stay at this hotel again, as I liked the service, the cleanliness, the food, and location.

-Though Beirut doesn't have enough bandwidth or internet speed, this hotel has recently purchased extra bandwidth & it seemed speedy enough for us and is enabled with Wi-Fi. There was a cost of $10 for 3 hours of connectivity or $20 for 24 hours of connectivity.

-This hotel seemed to be very popular with business folks, who were always bustling through the lobby, talking in the restaurant & bar.

-Small Business Center located near the front desk.

-Safe available in room.

-Non-smoking rooms available.

-Dining room, called Olive & Oil has excellent food and super service.

-Fully-equipped fitness center.

-Nice bar on ground level.

-Complimentary bottled water daily in the room.

-Ladies Beauty Salon on site.

-Daily newspaper - ours was in English and had mostly Middle Eastern news.

-In-room Dining available 24-hrs/day.

-Irons & Ironing Boards are NOT in the rooms, but are available if asked.

-There are not ice machines, but ice is available from room service.

-There is a concierge available and they can make reservations for tours to other towns of interest.

-The hotel is air conditioned and heated.

-If you forget electrical adaptors, you can get them from the housekeeping department.

-Pets are NOT allowed.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 22, 2010

Front of the Gefinor Rotana Beirut Hotel

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Talal's New Hotel: Friendly and cheap hotel in Beirut

In June and August 2002 I stayed more than two weeks at Talal?s New Hotel. This is a very nice, cheap, clean and friendly hotel near Charles Helou Station in Beirut. Zaher, Rawad, Jamal (in 2005 Ragheb was there instead) and Ahmad made all feel very welcome and helped with information about getting around in Lebanon.
From Charles Helou you can take the bus to Syria or the north of Lebanon.
The hotel is also near Down Town area and Achrafiye.

I returned for a few days in June 2005 and some changes had been made so all rooms (except a small one on the top floor) now have their own bathroom.
All of the rooms have air-condition and all rooms have Satellite TV. There is a communal kitchen, laundry service (2 dollars/load in 2002) and free Internet.
The price in June 2005 was:
Dorms: 6 dollars
Single room: 15 dollars
Double room: 18 dollars
Triple room: 21 dollars

• Written September 6, 2002

At Talal's Hotel, Beirut

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

University Hotel: Cheap, great location but a sh*thole hotel

Why Lonely Planet puts this hotel in the mid range category is BEYOND me. The location is good. Price for my "suite"... sorry, I can barely type that in without laughing my ass off... was $35 a night. The twin beds were clean. I will say that much. I was too afraid to shower, sit on the toilet seat or sit on the fake leather dilapidated sofa. There were so many disgusting water marks (that's what I told myself) on the ceiling, I made up little story pictures while trying to fall asleep. BUT, if you want something inexpensive, clean (just very worn down), great location then this place is for you. In this hotel's defense, as I've gotten old, I expect more but I have stayed in all sorts of places and this place should be categorized as budget not mid range and the suite was HUGE. See, I did find something positive. My dad had a separate room which I never saw so maybe his was better. Guess I should have asked.

Location.

• Written May 8, 2010

View from hotel

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

mayflower hotel: Beirut nights

In 2003, when I went there - the was reporters had long been gone... not the UN people I guess, as their bus was parked outside the hotel for the night on a couple of occasions. The hotel was ok: we wrote before and we were quoted 60 dollars for a double-room - which isn't too bad for Beirut. The people at reception are really helpful.

85 nice and clean-ish rooms with everything you may need: TV, hairdryier, minibar. There's also a pun on the premises: the Duke of Wellington - for beer or delicious (and overpriced ksara wine"). If possible try to book the room only, not the breakfast - it's really poor. All around the hotel there are nice coffee shops where you can have your morning meal - better and cheaper

• Written January 29, 2004
Tip Photo

our room at the mayflower

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Pension Haddad: Hotel in Tripoli

This Hotel is also the home of the Haddad family and entering the hotel really feels like entering somebodys home.
I paid 10 dollars for a very nice and clean room.

• Written September 7, 2002