Caesars Park Hotel

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Cham's Profile Photo

Cheap Luxury

The room was very comfortable with a little balcony overlooking the street, the staff were very friendly and would do everything they could make sure I had a good stay.

I had a problem in the first few days when i went to charge my phone, but one of the guys in the hotel changed the fuses and let me borrow a phone charger for a couple of hours.

Unique Quality: 3*A hotel that's smack bang in the middle of the hamra area and you can walk five minutes down the road to get to hamra st. where you will find all the shops, cafe's and anything else you need. Verdun (another shopping district is within walking distance as well.

The hotel is not very well known and I had a problem getting there from the airport as the taxi driver had no idea where it was.

so if you're travelling there and you get asked where it is... just say "take hamra, and then turn off towards the britsol hotel"

The hotel is more modern than a lot of hotels in hamra, and the room is very comfortable with access to a lot of tv channels in english arabic and french. The hotel is more comfortable and inviting than other hotels in the area of a similar price.

Directions: Hamra st, take a left at the roman catholic church and walk uphill towards the bristol hotel.

More about Beirut

One of the calcium-covered chambersOne of the calcium-covered chambers

A bad picture of Mike in front of the SerailA bad picture of Mike in front of the Serail

A view of the ceilingA view of the ceiling

More of the sea viewMore of the sea view

From Beirut to Damascus

by mitata

Hi,

I am going to visit Beirut with my wife and would like have some advice for my following questions

What is the best way to go to Damascus from Beirut?
What is the cost of shared taxi and how long it takes?
Is Crossing the Lebanon border easy?
Where can I take the shared taxi in Beirut?

Thx.

Mitat

by Windsailor

There is a bus service, the cost is around 8$ one way. Busses are good and comfortable. Taxi between these two cities costs around 40$ (total).

by ZivonBagge

Hello,
I am ZivonBagge. I am new here.
I am planning to visit London next month.
I need some guidance for this.

by leics

Welcome to VT, ZivonBagge.

You need to post your question in the London travel forum.

Put 'London' in the 'search for a forum box' to find the right place to post.

by crazyman2

Crossing the border can take hours!

I've only done it once, from Syria to Lebanon ---it took nearly three hours for the queuing and paperwork!

Do remember that you can't have any reference to Israel on your passport ---so, if you have a visa/stamp for Israel then you will need a new passport before you go.

by fouads

Hi Mitat

How are you .
best way is take shared bus there is every 3-4 hours one route .
shared taxi cost about 8-10$ . and border cross is easy .
ask in Beirut for Damascus garage .

wish you all the best

by Mel_H

The border stop/check timing depends on your nationality and whether you already have/require a visa to Lebanon or vice versa , if you `re Turk it`ll be a breeze , for some other nationalities say American,sometime it takes time depending on which border ,multiple entry , etc. etc.
..........an officer earlier on put it across as follows " if it takes 6 hours to sort out the process here it takes your country 6 month to (maybe) approve my visa....

by Mel_H

ooops ...meant sometimes it takes much longer .....and the US is just an example ,it could be Britain ,Australia......

by crazyman2

I'm sure that you're on the right track there, Mel!

There have been times when being a Brit has certainly hindered aspects of travel!

Still, it could be worse! I could have been born in (you can use your imagination to select an unpopular, powerful country here!) **************** and the stars don't equate to the letters in the name!

Travel Tips for Beirut

Want to check your VT mail? Go to Bits 'n Bytes!

by swings

This is one of my favorite things about Beirut, as I've occasionally used their computers to check my mail and stay in touch with my family and friends. Although it tends to have grubby keyboards and a smoky atmosphere, I'm usually tapping my foot and nodding my head to their loud Lebanese music, and I LOVE their low prices: 3000 LL ($2 US) /hour, but when you pay for two hours, you get one hour free. Several times when my husband and I have both gone there, they have given us each a computer for 1 1/2 hours at the same 6000 LL ($4 US) rate!

It's located on Sidani Street, Hamra, opposite the Mayfair Residence. The taxi drivers know that area as Jeanna d'Arc. Jeanna d'Arc Street is nearby, and there is a closed Jeanna d'Arc Theatre on Sidani St.

A good map

by MalenaN

A good map to bring is GEO Projects map of Lebanon and Beirut. I enjoyed it very much. You can buy it in English, Arabic or French. The Lebanese map is in scale 1: 200 000 and the Beirut map (on the other side) is in scale 1: 10 000. The maps are easy to read and the Beirut map much better than the one you get at the tourist office.
The map can be bought at several places in Beirut (Virgin Mega Store and National Museum) for 12 000 LL.

Romans everywhere

by themagiclake

Those Roman, where only they were not been!!!!
I showed you telling you:
Your Ancestors where here, and mine also...
they always been in contact, and if we could go past to those past times, we would see our love story in one of those lives, yes who knows, you could be a beautiful Phoenician girl, and I would be a Roman Legion, and those same place would be witnesses of a big love story, because it is fate, to live many lives passing in the same places, being me and you in different times, but same souls, and same incredible strongest unbelievable love.

Why not go scuba diving in Beirut

by MalenaN

Scuba diving in Beirut? I know it's not like the Red sea but for me (who have done most of my dives in the Red Sea) this was a new experience.
I dived with the NISD (National Institute for Scuba Diving) located in the Rivera Hotel (where you can also spent a day by the pool).
During the two dives I did we didn't see so many things, a moray and some fishes. But we made a nice drift dive. Sometimes you see sharks. You can rent the equipment at the diving centre. One dive with full equipment is 30 dollars.

The Holiday Inn...or what's left of it.

by RblWthACoz

Standing high over the downtown area, the Holiday Inn stands still as a symbol of the civil war that rocked Lebanon. It was a flash point for fighting as is obvious by the many scars it bears. Walking around with it in view gives you a perspective of how the fighting permeated the area.

Comments