Minet El Hosn, Beirut, Lebanon

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• JVANYC's Profile Photo

Beirut Luxury Living

Spent a week here. One of the most amazing indoor pools and health centers ever. It's more like some kind of dream setting on a movie set.
    Great service and gorgeous hotel. Not a budget stay, but a great business hotel with a very capable staffed business center.

Directions: On the Shore, centrally located

• Expensive but worth every penny

I didn't pay for my hotel during my brief stay in Beirut (I was there for work), but if you can afford it or splurge and stay at the Intercontinenetal Phoenicia, DO SO! My suite was truly luxurious and tastefully decorated, the service was fabulous and they have a wonderful fitness center that I LOVED.
    I had a couple of buffet dinners (local cuisine) that were FABULOUS!

Unique Quality: Highlights I remember: the down comforters and fluffy pillows on my bed; the view from my room (of downtown Beirut bay); the food at the dinner buffet; the fitness center facilities; the wonderful service.

• maccise's Profile Photo

Simply the best

I visited Beirut in the early 90's and saw the hotel was severly damaged. Today the Phoenicia has been rebuilt to its former glory and I stay there evrytime I travel to Lebanon. I truly enjoy my stay there, it's top of the line!

Unique Quality: Staff people treat you like a king and the services are excellent, such as the variety of restaurants inside the hotel, the spa, the rooms and wireless internet access is available for all guests.

More about InterContinental Hotels IC PHOENICIA BEIRUT

Phoenicia hotel, the in thing...

by zeina

Phoenicia hotel, the in thing right now. It's got a lot of great restaurants, Eau De Vie is a mixture of japanese and european cuisine on the 11th floor overlooking the sea and central beirut.

hot air balloon

by gog06

can anyone help me? i'm in beirut, lebanon at the moment just visiting family. my family seems to be really bad about taking me out during the day to sightsee so i've decided to go out on my own if i can figure out how to do that. but i wanted to know if you knew where the hot air balloon was in downtown. is it one those things that i just cant miss? and one more thing, do you know how often it goes up in the air during the day? if you could help me out and let me know soon that would be great.
thanks.
~g

RE: hot air balloon

by MalenaN

You can find the balloon in Beirut Central District, between Planet Discovery and Phoenicia Hotel.

The balloon is not a hot air balloon, but a giant helium balloon connected to the ground with a steel cable and it is controlled by a hydroelectric winch.

I went to Skygate in daytime, bought a ticket and just waited a few minutes before I could board the balloon. At the time I was the only passenger, but the balloon took off anyway.

The balloon goes up to an altitude of 150 metres and from that height the view over Beirut, in all directions, is fabulous. We were in the air for about 15 minutes before descending.

I can imagine it would be nice to go up in the balloon at sunset, and at night to see all the lights of the city.

I paid 11 000 LL because it was a reduced price the whole month. In July 2005 the price for adults would be 15 000 LL in weekdays and 20 000 LL in weekends and at holidays.

RE: hot air balloon

by stappm

yes, I agree.

it is just one of those things you just can't miss

M