Hamra, Omar Bin Abdel Aziz Intersection, Beirut, 961, Lebanon
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Beirut

Another destroyed structureAnother destroyed structure

Inside the churchInside the church

The refectoryThe refectory

Another view of the rockAnother view of the rock

Beirut - is it safe?

by brisiu

We will go in Beirut – Lebanon on 27 of April. And now we are a little bit worried :we read on website of Italy foreign office strongly advices against trips in Lebanon because is really dangerous. We have also read different things like is a nice and quite place to visit. Do you have recent news about safety in Lebanon? We are budget travellers and we think to visit Lebanon by public transport. Is it possible and safe?
Thanks for all suggestion and news!

by speakyourmind

Hi,

So far nothing but safety is all around us.

I cannot predict the future but everything is fine and safe here now.

There are many tourists here and all is safe.

by Anna.Swe

Hi! I understand that there´s a warning against traveling to Lebanon, since the country has been a "warzone" for several years. But don´t be afraid. You´ll love Lebanon, the food, the beachclubs the nightlife etc etc. I´m from Sweden, but my best friend is from Lebanon and I´ve been there 3 times in the past 2 years and I LOVE IT!
Check out theese websites for more information. By the way, Beirut was named for no 1 destination in the world by New york times last year!
God luck! ;)

by fouads

hi

go there and don,t worry .
let us know your experiance .

Best wishes

by brisiu

thanks at all!!!!
after tomorrow we flight to Beirut and now we feel good about this trip
we will stay in Lebanon and Siria for one mounth.
we'll write you our impression after.
Thanks again
Fabrizio & Anna

by Zouzou5

Beirut is a very safe place to visit, I went there all by myself when I was 21 not knowing any language or anything, had a blast, people were super friendly and very helpful, met a lot of riends on the way

christy

Travel Tips for Beirut

Beirut City Center: The area...

by Lebanese

Beirut City Center: The area was totally destroyed during the civil war between 1975-1990. During the last ten years it was reconstructed in the same design but with the latest facilities. My family, my friends and all the sexy girls of Beirut...

On The Bus...

by coceng

These photos were taken after I arrived back from Baalbek.
I was too lazy to just walking around Beirut, thought I would take some snaps of what I saw around Beirut while on the bus instead.
So, just enjoy some of my snapshots while me sitting on the bus while capturing them !
The posters of the late President Rafiq Harriri were almost everywhere.

Salads & Mezze

by mano0ola

MEZZE: is the traditional lebanese meal usually served in restaurant or on special feast days . In most cultures , a meal is an organized progression of courses or single dishes. not so in Lebanon. Here , up to forty dishes are served all at the same time in communal dishes. With all the food coming at once, it is impossible to eat all of it . The main dishes are usually grilled, sizzling and smoky, on flat platters. After these are finished , just as you think that you couldn't possibly eat another bite, a selection of desserts and other fruits arrive.

Lebanon is know by its 2 most popular salads which are "Tabouleh" and " Fatoush "
Tabouleh : is made with parsley, bulgar wheat, finely chopped tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, mint,garlic and olive oil.
Fatoush which is especially popular among Muslims during the Muslim month of Ramadan , is made from Tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, toasted bread, lemon juice and mint .

KHANITO

by sarrahh

Available: Latin dancing (cha-cha, rumba, Paso doble, samba, mambo) flamenco, rock ’n’ roll and jive, ballroom dancing, stretching, oriental dance. Also available: choreography and modeling, theater and TV chips.

St. Elias Maronite Church

by mikey_e

The Maronites are similar to Greek Catholics, in that they recognize the Pope in Rome and follow many of the same traditions as Roman Catholics, but still remain apart from the Vatican on a number of a key points (I think that their priests can marry, but I'm not sure). The vast majority of Catholics in Lebanon are Maronite, and their spiritual leader, Sfeir Nasrallah, is an important political figure in Lebanon. Maronite Churches are quite common in central and Eastern Beirut (particularly Ashrafiyeh, which is a heavily Maronite section of the city), as well as up the coast toward Tripoli. St. Elias' Church is a newer example of Maronite places of worship, but it does showcase the general tendancy, as in contrast to Orthodox churches, for Maronites to use Western architectural styles. The neo-Romanesque plan used for this particular church makes is seem like something out of southern France rather than the Eastern Mediterranean, and the beautiful stained glass inside adds to that effect. As with most other areas in the capital, there is a police presence outside of this church. The cop won't stop you from photographing, but he may be a bit curious as to visitors who are obviously not Lebanese.

Comments