Searock Hotel

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • Stay Away from the Sea Rock Hotel

We booked our Lebanon trip as a full package through a Cairo-based travel agency. The agency initially offered three Beirut hotels to choose from. However, when they actually contacted the hotels, two of them were already fully booked, which left us with one choice, the Sea Rock hotel.

I searched the internet for any reviews about the hotel, but found none. Which is the main reason why I’m writing this review. I checked the hotel’s website, and it looked decent enough. And when I asked the agency, they told me that it’s a four-star hotel. So I went ahead and booked a triple room for 7 nights at the Sea Rock hotel. Which turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes that I’ve made in my entire life.

Our experience at the Sea Rock hotel was a total disaster from the day we arrived until the day we left. And the only thing preventing us from leaving the hotel was that we’ve already paid the full amount in advance and their refusal to give us back a refund.

We arrived at the hotel at 12 AM and I have to admit that the check-in process was smooth. However, before we left to our room, I asked the receptionist if the room was a triple room as requested. He confirmed that, but told me that the only available triple room had one double bed and one extra bed. And since we were three guys, such combination wasn’t exactly what we had in mind. We tried with the receptionist to move us to another room with three separate beds, but he insisted that no other rooms were available. Tired and defeated we went up to our room.

The room was small and dark. The bed sheets looked very dirty and had burn stains on them. The TV is small and the remote control was barely working.

The bathroom was a mess. Half-full shampoo bottles were lying around near the sink. The bathtub had brown stains that did not go away with water. Hot water had a very weird smell.

There were no towels in the bathroom. So we called housekeeping and asked them to bring us some towels. When more than 30 minutes passed and no one came, we gave them another call and they said that the housekeeping guy was on his way to our room. 5 minutes later the guy came and told us that there were no clean towels available since the laundry is out of order, and he handed us one bathrobe instead!!

Breakfast was supposedly open buffet, however, it was extremely mediocre with nothing more than some pastries, cereal, milk and tea. We had breakfast in a diner near the hotel everyday just to avoid Sea Rock’s breakfast.

The mini-bar was empty and we didn’t even consider ordering room-service.

Safety and security is obviously not the hotel’s number one priority. The in-room safe was not working. The smoke detectors on the ceiling were covered by empty Kleenex packs to allow guest to freely smoke in rooms. And one day we came back to our room to find the door wide open. We thought that maybe the housekeeping guy was inside cleaning the room. But to our surprise, nobody was in there. And when we complained at the reception. The receptionist simply told us that the housekeeping guy must’ve forgot to close the door after cleaning the room.

The room had no wired or wireless internet connections.

Although Beirut is a must go destination for everyone, staying at the Sea Rock hotel almost ruined our entire trip. So please, the next time you decide to go to Beirut, try to avoid staying at the Sea Rock at all costs.

Comments