Talal's New Hotel

Talal Hotel
Booking.com eDreams

• malasli's Profile Photo

A backpacker's favorite

When I came back from Syria, my local friend told me to go to Talal to meet there—however I didn’t know if I could spend the rest of the evening at her house before going to the airport—kind of shy of inviting myself. As I stood at the doorsteps of Talal, with my luggage, the guy from the place asked me if I wanted to come up and wait there, but I told him I didn’t know if I’d be staying and didn’t want to drag everything up and down for nothing, or miss my friend. He told me if I couldn’t stay at her house, they could arrange for an airport taxi pickup for 8 $. After a while, a very friendly (Japanese?) girl who worked there asked me up again in order to wait with them, and carried up my bag for me, and we hang out a bit. It seemed like a really really friendly place, but when my friend came she said “f course you will stay with us!”. Rooms are 15 $ for a single, but they were full when I came to Beirut first and I don’t like mixed dorms (6$)

Unique Quality: It has free internet access. This place has been recommended by a lot of travelers, also girls on their own. All rooms are said to have sat TV and A/C, and there is a communal kitchen. It’s relatively close to the bus station Charles Helou. Here is a warning: If you think you can walk there—I don’t think so. There are lost of winded express ways around the bus station, and so hardly any people to ask.

Directions: vaguely close to Charles Helou bus station

• reezal's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel

Same management with Regis Hotel,
    Helpful staff, free map, advise on sightseeings and happenings.. very close to Charles Helou Bus staion..

Unique Quality: With or without bathrooms, TV, Hot shower and AC, Low cost international call & fax

Double 20/room night

Directions: Avenue Charles helou, from bus station ask the locals

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Friendly and cheap hotel in Beirut

In June and August 2002 I stayed more than two weeks at Talal?s New Hotel. This is a very nice, cheap, clean and friendly hotel near Charles Helou Station in Beirut. Zaher, Rawad, Jamal (in 2005 Ragheb was there instead) and Ahmad made all feel very welcome and helped with information about getting around in Lebanon.
    From Charles Helou you can take the bus to Syria or the north of Lebanon.
    The hotel is also near Down Town area and Achrafiye.

I returned for a few days in June 2005 and some changes had been made so all rooms (except a small one on the top floor) now have their own bathroom.
    All of the rooms have air-condition and all rooms have Satellite TV. There is a communal kitchen, laundry service (2 dollars/load in 2002) and free Internet.
    The price in June 2005 was:
    Dorms: 6 dollars
    Single room: 15 dollars
    Double room: 18 dollars
    Triple room: 21 dollars

Directions: Near Charles Helou Station

• K1W1's Profile Photo

The best backpacker's hotel in Beirut

Clean rooms with satelite TV and air conditioning.
    Communal kitchen, laundry service and 24hr hot showers and ...FREE internet !

Unique Quality: A very warm welcome to everyone. The hotel is easy walking distance from the bus station and the value for money is unbeatable in the city.

Directions: Avenue Charles Helou - just above the bus terminal