White House Suites

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Beirut

Bombed out building by Sahet ash-ShuhadaBombed out building by Sahet ash-Shuhada

St. Elias' ChurchSt. Elias' Church

St. George's ChurchSt. George's Church

Raouché RockRaouché Rock

insurance

by Henry230870

So I'm pretty badly organised, off to Beirut tomorrow but still have no cover!
I can't find anyone to cover me because the FCO say don't go there.
Any ideas? Even happy to exclude terrorism, kidnap, war etc but would like medical cover just in case of the usual slips trips and falls!

by leics

If the FCO warn UK citizens not to visit somewhere I think it is rather unlikely you will find anyone to insure you.

I can only suggest you phone companies such as http://www.world-first.co.uk/ and discuss your needs. If they can't help, they may know a company which will.

But you have left it very late......

by Henry230870

I take your point - in my defence a last minute trip.
I am hoping someone has done this trip and can give me a company name for the cover, meanwhile i'll follow your lead.

cheers for the reply.

by leics

Hope everything works out ok for you.

by leics

I am afraid the sticking point will be:

>all but essential travel to other areas of Lebanon<

Few travel reasons will be considered 'essential', and this may well be why the OP was having difficulties.

I don't think it is a matter of UK insurance companies being 'nasty' (nor am I so certain that the practice of Hungarian companies is the norm). If the FCO advises against travel then the risk is considered higher than makes finanacial sense for the insurance companies (they are businesses, after all).

I am 99.9% certain that there are specialist UK insurance companies who cover this type of scenario. It is just that the OP did not have time to seek them out (hence his post).

by juliogg

Hello Henry. Damn the torpedos and full steam ahead. I hear the new "4 Seasons Hotel is great with a wonderful roof top Bar. What's a little fall in Hezbola land.

by leics

I have no idea, nor do I intend to spend time researching the matter until it is required.

I just hope the OP either a) found cover and/or b) has a safe trip.

Travel Tips for Beirut

visit all the different...

by fabrice

visit all the different districts and communities of the town:17 communities,among them:sunnite moslems,maronite christians,chiite moslems,greek armenians, catholic armenians,greek orthodox,druzes,etc... I was lost near al-khoury avenue,I asked a soldier where I was, showing him a map of beirut.It took me a long while till I noticed that my map was in english,and that he could not read it

Contrasts, opposite the Holiday Inn

by sachara

After we had left the Hamra area and we couldn't close our eyes for the results of the recent war, it amazed us that traces of devastation and undamaged, rather idyllic looking spots were just a few meters from each other.
So we saw this nice green alley just besides a totally devastated area opposite the Holiday Inn Hotel.

Hit the Beach

by TomorrowsAngel

Beach resorts in Lebanon are popular with locals and tourists. You don't wear ratty old sarongs and beach hats. Oh, no, this is where you'd want a trendy bikini or Speedo shorts, with designer towel/hat/sunglasses.
You can be 'rustic' and lounge on the beach chairs, watch the jetskis speed past and people jumping among the cresting waves, whilst sipping a cool Al Maza and nibbling on some nuts, all provided at the mere cock of the index finger by thoughtfully placed studly young Lebanese waiters.
Once you've tired of this, head over to a pool. And artfully arrange your limbs on a double bed (not kidding) or cool off whilst still tanning on a pool ledge (please note: same drinks will be available at this location).
Satire aside, tanning and sunbaking are still hugley popular and it's really interesting to watch the local lads try and impress the Lebanese beauties.

horse racing

by Moustafa_LB

Sundays afford a special opprtunity to those who appreciate the best in horse racing. Beirut's race track run pure bred Arabians. Fans of this sport can change their dollars, sterlings, etc... on the spot to place bets.

Don't miss out Bliss street...

by Lebanese

Don't miss out Bliss street where the American University of Beirut is situated. Lots of cafes restaurants & fun stuff there. Try out the vanilla milkshake at 'Bliss house' or a regular 'mankoushe' at National pastries...

Comments