Bldg 1730, Qurum Street, PO Box 1455, Muscat, 00112, Oman

Crowne Plaza Muscat
Booking.com Expedia.com CrownePlaza.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Muscat's hotel with a view

The desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. The concierge and bell staff were knowledgable and gave me much needed information about where to shop, what to buy etc. The room service was quick and efficient and the food was excellent.

The pool was adequate and the private beach was cosy and exclusive. The gym is well equiped and the sauna and steam room facilities are both great and most importantly clean and well kept.

The downside seems to be one or two staff issues. The room service staff need to be told that a tip isn't something you ask for but something you are given. Also while the gym instructor, was a proffesional, I think local lady, ( she was wearing gym gear), she was very overbearing and condescending to the gym users. I think she needed reminding that her salary is paid for by the guests!! I had a much better workout when the other staff were on duty.

Overall a very decent stay. It is true that Omanis on the whole are very welcoming and friendly. Don't let militant Gym instructors ruin your stay!!

Unique Quality: Ask for Seaview room, the sunsets and sunrises tend to be quite good.

Directions: Al Qurum.

• saracen's Profile Photo

Mixed Bag

Check-in was great, really smooth and despite me arriving pretty early, they still allowed me into my room. However, although I had reserved a club room, the gave me a standard room without telling me and, it turned out, actually charged me 20% more than the rate I had secured for the club room. This was eventually settled when they gave me a much fairer rate, plus a free late chack-out, therefore I have to say they were very fair in sorting it out.

The room itself was perfectly adequate - nothing special and a little tired, but no internet access available. There were tea and coffee facilites and and iron and ironing board.

Unique Quality: The staff were very friendly and helpful - especially the bellboys who could not do enough for us.
    Also, the restaurants were excellent, especially the Iranian one.

They have a free shuttle bus to various points in the city - ask the concierge for details.

Directions: Take a taxi - you cannot walk anywhere in this country!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel with a very good view

The Crowne Plaza hotel is a very good hotel with a fantastic views of the Qurum Beach, Gulf of Oman, Al Khuwair, Madinat Sultan Qaboos and surrounding mountains because it is located on top of a small hill at the Qurum area of Muscat. It has a nice swimming pool, tennis courts and a cafe which serves delicious buffet.

Directions: Located on top of a small hill at the Qurum area of Muscat.

• peaceness98's Profile Photo

Crowne Plaza Muscat

Popular business hotel, it's kind of dark and gloomy, but has the best Iranian Restaurant in Muscat and is in Quroum (Center of the city)

Definitley not a site for soar eyes, extremely ugly building, but the sea view compensates. Ask for a sea view room.

I give it 3/5. If you want a budget 5 star hotel, better go to the Intercon in Shatti Qurum

Unique Quality: Outdoor pool
    (OK)italian restaurant
    (BEST) Iranian Restaurant - albeit gloomy ambeince
    Gift shop (too expensive)
    ATM
    Helpful friendly staff
    Great view of sea

• saa73's Profile Photo

Nice views but facilities/service were mediocre

The impression I got from the website was totally different to reality.

I arrived at the hotel at 10.30am and had to rush off for a meeting by 12pm. Unfortunately for me there were no rooms available despite my earlier booking as some airline staff staying at the hotel had not checked out. I was anxious and around 11.30 decided I waited enough and had to go in for a shower before my meeting (after my 8 hour flight!). I used my own initiative to shower in the fitnes centre's changing room and got ready just in time for my pickup to the office! What a bad start to my Oman trip!

Overall facilities reflect a 3-4 star standard (when compared to Malaysian hotels) and the rooms were very small. At USD 85 per night it was very disappointing, I would pay only USD 30 for that kind of accommodation & service in Malaysia!

I'm not sure of the overall standard of hotels in Muscat but is this is one of the best as described in brochures?

Also, this hotel is situated in a predominantly residential area so there's not much to do or see nearby....well, the nearest mall is 20mins walk or 5 mins drive away but first time visitors may get lost.

Unique Quality: Best thing about this hotel is the prime location on top of a cliff and overlooking the beach at Qurm. You get to see beautiful sunsets and there's steps that lead directly to the beach below.

Surrounding neighbourhood is safe enough for you to jog around.

Directions: QURM Heights

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Muscat

maybe best in the area

by erikute3534 about Crown Plaza - Muscat

was exelent. People friendly and helpful, had some strange restrictions on alcohol during lunch or between hours .. But we had all we needed, beautiful ocean view, all facilities perfect.. very close to the beach

Comments