Shatti Al Qurm, PO Box 951, Muscat, Oman

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• 4+ Star Hotel

Strayed here recently for 2 1/2 weeks and last year for 8 days both on business trips. I upgraded to club level both times and thought it was worth it. The hotel is in an upscale embassy neighborhood and going out for meals would be a hassle so we liked having the convenience of the club's breakfasts and happy hours (6-8PM) right down the hall. The room was very nice. Large and with plenty of storage. The bathroom was very nice with a tub big enough for reading and soaking. The cable TV has several English entertainment and movie channels plus the usual news channels. The club lounge has a simple but nice breakfast buffet (I only have fruit and cereal so I can't give much info) but there was a lot of sweet rolls, bread, cheeses and side dishes. They always had a bowl of scrambled eggs and "sausage" as a main dish. The happy hour buffet comes with free drinks and a nice selection of appetizers and fruit but nothing too substantial. I made a dinner it it anyway and did OK. The mostly Filipina and South Asian wait staff is very nice. You get free use of a PC off the club room. It is expensive (over US$300 per night with a corporate rate) but any top flight hotel in Muscat is going to cost you.

Directions: Embassy district.

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Grand Hyatt Hotel

The Grand Hyatt Hotel is the largest hotel in Muscat. It is located on the Al Qurm beach. I was standing outside this hotel in a specific reason, and know very well the beach area of Al Qurm. Hyatt hotels are nice, and this hotel is not an exception. But it is nothing to do in the diplomatic district of Muscat. The surroundings are eerie and empty. I strongly recommend you to stay in the Mutrah area of Muscat.

The cheapest price for a room is 89 rials (240 USD).

Unique Quality: (Not fair to blame this hotel for my own stupidity, but read my warning tips about the beach).

Directions: GPS coordinate:
    23° 36' 37.6300" N 58° 26' 41.9400" E

• MM212's Profile Photo

Right on the beach

Located in the most luxurious residential area in Greater Muscat, Shatti El-Qurm, the Grand Hyatt Hotel is of matching luxury. The hotel-restort is located right on the beach and is equipped with all of the amenities one would expect. The spectacular pool is by the Ocean and the hotel has a private access to the public beaches of El-Qurm. The hotel also has a number of restaurants and bars on the premises. Whether for business or pleasure, this hotel is recommended providing you can afford the bill (I was there on business!).

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

An amazing palace...

The least we can say is that this hotel is breathtaking! I'd rather qualify this palace of luxurious resort than luxurious hotel : a T-shirt is definitely more appropriate than a shirt and laptop...
    This is a very nice place but I have the feeling this is more a kind of localized Disneyland for rich westerners who want to quickly have a taste of the Middle-East!
    The breakfast was decent but I've been disappointed, I was expecting better for this kind of hotel...
    I came back a day later just to have dinner, I wanted to enjoy some of the Middle-East food. It was a big mistake, the hotel was then packed (a Sunday evening), the service quite slow and the menu was mostly about western food! The few local dishes available were not bad but far from being exceptional!!
    The staff is very friendly even if they tried to screw me : without letting me know, they charged my credit card for two nights instead of just the one I had spent there!! I had to involve my credit card company to sort this out! Quite disappointing as well...

Unique Quality: The hotel is just in front of the beach, if you are not satisfied with the various inner pools, you could directly go for a swim in the sea...

• adinda's Profile Photo

Grand Hyatt

We didn't stay here, but went here for dinner and drinks. The pool is very nice, as is the poolside restaurant. It's located right near the beach, which is great for early morning or late afternoon strolls.

• peaceness98's Profile Photo

Grand Hyatt Muscat

An upper class, 5 star hotel- the largest in Muscat.

It is decorated in a richly Arabic way (it can be a bit much), and has a very unique swimming pool with a lazy river. It's smack right next to the Arabian Gulf (1 minute walk from the swimming pool)

The food is good, but not the type yummiest I've tried. Have dinner at the Italian Tuscany just cuz their complimentary ciappatta bread and virgin olive oil is yummy.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, every spot has some kind of decorative arabian sense, good club sandwitches!

If it's too expensive to stay in, pass by for an afternoon tea and a small tour around the lobby and pool area.

More about Grand Hyatt Muscat

The Grand Hyatt Muscat

by elunardi about The Grand Hyatt Muscat

120 USD On 10 acres, along a magnificent stretch of Shatti Al Qurm beach, overlooking the azure waters of the Gulf of Oman; 18 kilometres from the old historical capital of Muscat; 20 minutes to Seeb International Airport.

Great Grang Hyatt except..

by mfas2000 about Grand Hyatt Muscat

Excellent Hyatt in Muscat. Spacious, new and clean and varaiety of resturants. Only drwaback is the service from the front desk. Slow and inefficent most of the times.

Beach at the Grand Hyatt, MuscatBeach at the Grand Hyatt, Muscat

Grand Hyatt MuscatGrand Hyatt Muscat

hyatt muscat... looks like disneylandhyatt muscat... looks like disneyland

Intercontinental hotel with kids

by MurphyChick

We are just about to book a five night stay in March, just wondered if anyone can give us any feedback on this hotel. We have a toddler and a 6month baby, want to be sure the hotel is child friendly and safe. We have been offered a Club Room whatever that is (no info on website going to try and give them a call for clarification). Can't wait to escape Bahrain for a while!

by seif72

Hi
welcome to Oman , Intercontinental hotel one of the best hotels in oman.

by AliAsterisk

Hi

Have you found out any more details re the Intercontinental? I have just booked it for a stay in April 2008. Here is the link regarding Club rooms - http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/rooms/executive/muscat

They also have quite a neat internet chat facility and you can get most questions answered through that. I think I emailed them and then they sent me the link. Unfortunately I deleted the email once I made the booking.

Hope this is of some help.

Happy travelling

by mostafaaly

Hii,
Well , I am Mostafa ,..egyptian who lived in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and just shifted to Muscat for 8 month now ,...take my word ...I also have 2 young kids,The Intercontinental Muscat is very Boring specially for the kids ,..as a hotel it is really clean and neat as five star hotel but still ,..after 6 o'clock in the evening it is completely dead, the pool is very boring , the atmosphere is always silent and weird ...well my recommendation ..and it is up to you is Grand Hyatt Muscat ,..it is really lovely for both you and the your kids ,..the rooms are much bigger, the swimming pool is much entertaining,..well I stayed there and it was really an excellent experience,...and I also stayed in Intercon. , but although it was clean and nice and good service it there ,..but still ...Grand Hyatt , myself and the kids Loved it much much more , as you never feel bored any time of the day...
well any clarification pls contact me on.... Mostafaaly888@hotmail.com....well another option is Shangrila Bar Al Jissa , You will simply LOVE IT , and our kids will really enjoy .

well if you need any clarification don't hesitate to contact me ,...

Comments