P.O. Box 964 Al Khuwair, Muscat, 133, Oman

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• DebbieDK's Profile Photo

Channelling tranquility at the Chedi

If you're looking for a luxury without pomposity then this is the place for you! A range of accommodation, all at low level, including bungalows. The styling is fantastic and the grounds leading down to the beach are immaculate. The staff are friendly and attentive, without encroaching too much on your space. A great hotel!

We went in June and it was HOT!

Unique Quality: The Chedi has one of the best restaurants I've eaten in - attentive service, fantastic food with a wide variety of options available, and delicious desserts.

If you like lounging by the pool, soaking up the sun in tranquil surroundings, then this is the place for you. Three of the most glorious pools - two of which with black likes, sounds odd, but works; and one beach front pool (which is a child free zone).

Directions: Muscat City location.

• Awful

I'll start it off by saying that the chedi is quite beautiful. My sister has lived here in muscat for some time now, and has enjoyed their spa in the past. That said, we had an absolutely miserable experience at the chedi, and will neither return nor recommend it to our friends/family in the future. In some ways this is a shame, given the what our hopes had been.

First of all, it is not a particularly comfortable place to be. First of all, the staff always acted as if it were a chore to even tell you how to get around the place. It surely has elegance, but its borderline stuffy, which is not particularly my taste. The rooms are new, nice, and stylish, such that it might appeal to an architect, but the small things are left undone, and you cant help but feel uncomfortable in your own room.

The kicker, however, is that we tried to cancel one of the additional nights three times in the several weeks leading up to the reservation, and finally seemed to have success. That said, when we arrived at the Chedi, they still had us booked for two extra nights. NO amount of reason, and documentation of emails sent etc was enough to get out of it, and we ended up being charged 800 US dollars extra. Never, in all my travels around the world have I had such smug disdain from a hotel staff, and never have I been treated so rudely.

The truth of the matter is that there are not too many luxury hotels in muscat to choose from, but it is absolutely worth it to stay at the hyatt or the shangri la (though this is a little further away from downtown), than deal with these people.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. This is the one time I've written a poor review of a hotel, and I hope it is my last. I am not a spiteful person, but i do hope that, in the end, others don't have to go through a similar experience, and the Chedi can learn from their mistakes.

• chizz's Profile Photo

Modern Chic with a traditional twist!

I must add that I didn't stay here personally but had a long look around! It is a very smart modern hotel which is traditional in places and minimalist in others. There is an impressive lighting work of art in the hotel lobby, which I'm sure features on many guests' photos. There is a lovely beach and pool area and the restaurant I viewed looked very nice. There is a nice gift and book shop, but prices are steep. The hotel is more centrally located than Al Bustan Palace.

Unique Quality: Modern chic hotel.

• boojum's Profile Photo

Stunning Contemporary Hotel

Comtemporary Design with long corridors beautifully landscaped areas and lovely unusual but special rooms. Would highly recommend stay.
    Plenty of relaxing areas and good beach.
    One restaurant with different themes.

Unique Quality: Unusual and very different design which is very relaxing. Deluxe rooms a better option as Standard rooms are unusual.
    Locals believe the Hotel is out of the usual leisure areas and although there is nothing nearby it is nonetheless a fabulous place to stay.

• scaffas's Profile Photo

Beautiful Hotel..

The most beautiful hotel i have ever seen...the interior, the beach, the lounge.... its unbelievable....an experience you have to have...

Unique Quality: Good pool...and lovely beach access...

• northsea's Profile Photo

Oman newest hotel

We went from the Al Bustan for another week to this hotel. If you ask me which one is the best, I can only say "It's different" !
    To start with, the architecture is complete diferent, The Chedi is a mixe of Arabian/Asian style, while the A.B. is more like an Arabian palace. If you can effort it, take a short stay but in a suite, those suites are fabolous. On the contrary, the normal rooms are not that great. As the hotel was quite new, the service at the reception-desk, in the restaurants, and on the beach, was not top-class. On the contrary the roomservice, and the beach/bar/restaurant were perfect. I would highly recommed this hotel for a max. stay of one week, and take a suite, you will not regret it.

Unique Quality: What about the food? If you like Asian food you will feel in heaven. European food is not that great (small choice)
    There are two exquisite pools on a considerable distance one from the other. One pool is for parents with children and the other one is only for adults. Having supper in the evening it's outstanding, everything is illuminated by torches. The beach is private but cannot tip on the beach quality of the Al Bustan.

Directions: It's quite a distance from Muscat.

• jmschief's Profile Photo

A cool place to stay

Well, I didn't actually stay here, I just had dinner and a nose around but it looked great so I wanted to pass on the tip.

the restaraunt was fantastic with 4 open and glass sided kitchens in the corners of the splendid restaraunt. Each one specialised in something different, such as Sea Food, BBQ and Grill, Pizza Ovens and something else which I can't remember. The place looked stunning with it's own private beach and swimming pool and it was also quite central. There really isn't any bars as such in Muscat so a lot of the nightlife centres around the bars and one of the most popular with live music most nights was the Intercon. Failing that, if you don't mind being away from the centre then try the Al Bustain - it might be a little remote but it makes up for it by having a almost every facility and recreation you could think of.

Unique Quality: I only got a snapshot but the restaraunt and pool were fantastic.

Directions: Couldn't tell you although the Chedi was on the beach and was quite central and probably the closest major hotel to the airport that I saw!

• peaceness98's Profile Photo

The Chedi Muscat

Depending on your mood, you'll either love the Chedi or find it extremely boring.

It's built in an East Asian style, very feng shui'sh

Nice rooms and Villa's, Amazing Pool area. Good for Friday brunch even if you're not staying there.

In a jist, it's too expensive to stay in (+/- RO 65 per nite, standard), but go for a Friday brunch, or some dessert' in the evening (the place looks nicer in the evening)

Unique Quality: Fab Pool
    Excellent part of the pool immediately by the Ocean
    Spa
    Library
    Cute shop (but you'll find almost everything elsewhere in Muscat cheaper)
    International Cuisine restaurant (I find the desserts better than the main dishes)

Cons: Can you believe, 5 star hote>>No Cappacinno? Terrible Coffee.

Directions: North Ghubra 232 Way No 3215 Street No 46

More about The Chedi Muscat

Don't bother with a standard room at The Chedi!

by Prole about The Chedi, Muscat

We stayed at The Chedi, Muscat for two of the four nights we were there. It's a beautiful hotel, the service is great, the restaurant is amazing, and if you're going to stay there, make sure it's in a suite. I've heard those are nice, but the standard room we stayed in was a huge disappointment. The standard room simply doesn't measure up to the rest of the experience. We spoke to three couples at the hotel, and all three shared our opinion on the subject. The Restaurant, as its called, is really nice, with four open kitchens serving Mediterranean, Arabic, Asian and Indian cuisine. The facilities are immaculate, and the service is outstanding.

The Chedi PoolThe Chedi Pool

The Chedi RestaurantThe Chedi Restaurant

The beach at The ChediThe beach at The Chedi

The Chedi Pool at night!The Chedi Pool at night!

chedi hotel, muscat

by hunter.nigel

I am thinking of staying here for a week or so in Mid Nov - anyone stayed here or got any comments?

Is it suitable for a 2 years old child?

Once there, what will I do?

I usually stay in Dubai, but after many trip there, I am looking for an alternative

Re: chedi hotel, muscat

by Ali&Steve

I popped into the Chedi last week to take a preview. I only saw the outside and the lobby but I was impressed with what I saw. Most Gulf hotels are child friendly (the locals have so many!). It is in a strange location in the Ghubra district of Muscat which is very local and not expat style - could be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. You will need to hire a car if you want to get about as a) taxis are the most expensive in the Gulf and b) there aren't many of them. Do not rely on the hire car companies to have child seats either as the standard place for a child in most cars is either sitting on the driver's or passenger's lap (no belt) or standing between the front seats (and they keep on pondering why so many die on the roads???!!). You will find Muscat very different to Dubai: less brash, more traditional, trying to catch up to Dubai's luxury and failing. However, the people are more friendly and the scenery is way more attractive. A good alternative to the Chedi would be the Al Bustan Palace Hotel http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/mschb?irs=null
Good luck and try the diving if you can.

Comments