Khasab Hotels

Our Members Say

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

Hotel Khasab: Hotel Khasab -NOT the Khasab Golden Tulip Resort

In Khasab there is not much accommodation to choose from. In fact- it is a choice between two. After having a look at the other option- which was horrendously expensive and also a resort (which I always avoid)- we decided on the Khasab Hotel.
It is an old building- I would safely guess that it was the first hotel ever built in the town.
Then along came the upstart Golden Tulip Resort.

Khasab Hotel was perfectly fine for our needs.
The rooms are large and airy, the bathroom was clean with a good hot shower, and best of all- good lighting and a proper old fashioned dressing table with a huge mirror.
The bed was extremely comfortable, and linen white and clean.
The decor is............a bit over the top. Typical of the middle East.
Television and air-con in all rooms.
Buffet Breakfasts are included in price. They were served in dining room, or outside in pool area.
We swam in the pool- its large and the water was pristine.

The staff were courteous and very helpful. They recommended a car-hire company which worked out well.

The only thing that I found not so nice was that there was a strong and pervasive smell of antiseptic in all the hallways. Cleanliness I suppose is of utmost importance. It did not, however, bother us in our room. No smells at all.

So really- given that it was over A$200.00 CHEAPER PER NIGHT than the other option, we were very satisfied with this hotel.
It does not have views. It is oldish, and a bit faded- but the gardens were nice, and well kept. The pool area was lovely for a swim , to eat at, and to relax around.
I would recommend it for anyone that prefers better value re accommodation in Khasab.
It seemed to be popular with businessmen, and a few families with children.

• Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 13, 2010

RICHARD HAVING A SUNDOWNER AT POOL

• travelmad478 profile photo travelmad478
  • Reviews: 714

Khasab Hotel: Friendly, basic accommodation

I booked the Khasab Hotel via their website, and then a few e-mails back and forth. It was all a little casual--no credit cards are accepted, and the hotel said I could just pay (cash!) when I showed up. But I did get a confirmation number, and sure enough, there was my room when I arrived by car after driving from Dubai. The rooms are clean (smell that ammonia! although there were a few cockroaches roaming around at night) and very simply furnished, but most of what you need is here--bed, mini-fridge, A/C, bathroom with shower, soap and shampoo provided, a wardrobe with 3 hangers...there was a TV in my room, with a cable box, but I couldn't get any channels to come up--not that I expected anything in English anyway! There is also free wi-fi in the rooms, a nice thing, but sadly, no hair dryers. The girls at the front desk let me borrow a plug adapter because I didn't have the right one (British-style, if you're wondering). Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate, and there is a small pool and a restaurant that serves dinner also. The breakfast is a little random--vegetable spring rolls?--but there is enough variety to let everyone have a decent meal in their own style.

I paid an average of USD 85/night for my room. This is kind of a lot for what you get, but considering that there are exactly two choices and this is the cheaper one, you take what you get.

The location of this hotel is not particularly congenial, being more or less right next to the airport and along a road with not much to look at. It's within walking distance to what passes for a downtown in Khasab, although it's not a very pleasant or picturesque walk (luckily I had a car, so didn't need to do this). If you want to go to the beach, you have to drive. However, it definitely served its purpose for me and is a lot cheaper and more convenient to town than the one other choice, the Golden Tulip.

The hotel is also affiliated with Dolphin Travel & Tourism, through which I booked my dhow cruise and mountain safari. The Dolphin bus will pick you up at the hotel for any trips.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 27, 2013
Tip Photo

Khasab Hotel exterior (pool is around the back)

• henri123 profile photo henri123
  • Reviews: 270

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel: khasab hotel

Very clean, breakfast incl.

Almost walking distance to the airport.

There is always a free transport at the hotel, bringing you to the harbour or to the airport.

Outside pool, hotel situated almost downtown.

From the hotel we could walk to the center, walking around the city was quite an impressive

experience.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Desert, Backpacking
  • Written July 29, 2009

khasab hotel

• Emiralex profile photo Emiralex
  • Reviews: 39

Al Taif Tours Accommodation: Inexpensive place to stay in Khasab

There are not too many options of where to stay in Khasab: couple of hotels and villas / guesthouses. We went to Musandam in October 2010 and this was the scenario for 3 adults + 1 child + 1 infant: Golden Tulip > 750 x 2 rooms = 1400 (AED); Khasab Hotel > 450 x 2 rooms = 900 (AED). Then we found reviews of Al Taif Tours accommodations which were quite positive. We send an e-mail request to Al Taif and they offered us a 2-Bedroom apartment for AED 400, which was fantastic deal. Upon arrival in Khasab we went to Al Taif office located inside Irani Souq. It was a small room with 1 table and 2 chairs. They didn't even have a map of Khasab, but were kind enough to delegate a person on an ancient scooter to accompany us to the villa. It is located at the far end of Khasab, very next to the mountains, but it only takes 10 minutes to reach Irani Souq or Khasab Fort from there. I would rate the villa somewhere between 2 and 3-star. There were 2 bedrooms and 1 living room in our apartment, plus 2 bathrooms (shower and WC), and a "kitchenette" with fridge, kettle and toaster. In general the apartment was clean, but we found a blood stain on one of the blankets. There was a parking inside the yard, but the gate is quite narrow, so if you drive Tahoe or Expedition you won't squeeze in. The place is surrounded by similar villas, a mosque next door, and goats are walking around everywhere. OK for 1 night stay.
Note: the second unit in this villa is 1-bedroom apartment (AED 300).

Inexpensive and quiet accommodation between 2 and 3-star.
Location is not central, hygiene is doubtful.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip