Sultan Qaboos street, Salalah, 211, Oman
THE INCREDIBLY FRIENDLY STAFF AT THE HILTON
People might find it difficult to believe this, but I rerouted my Miami to Brussels flight on Lufthansa to go to Muscat and then catch Oman Air to Salalah just to stay at this hotel, because of my warm memories of a stay two years ago. I was not disappointed.
Right on the beach, with its own pool and attendants, delightful Palm Grove restaurants where my table was just a feet or so away from the sands of the Arabian Sea.
Transfer from the airport can be arranged.
This hotel can be booked through Hilton.com or through oman air holidays or directly with the hotel website.
Large varied sumptuous buffet at Al Maha Restaurant and I was not hungry until the evening when a nicely prepared Omani meal (there are other choices) with a glass of sauvignon blanc, these are the stuff of dreams.
Come here with love in your heart and your would find many things to fall in love with
Unique Quality: Nowhere in the world you would find staff this friendly. I had stayed at a Hilton Property just two weeks earlier in Kuala Lumpur and I wrote to them asking them to send their staff here for a lesson in friendliness.
From the Bell Captain who gave me a little gift when I left, Shakeer from Kerala, to the sweet receptionist trainee, Sharlyne from Philippines, to Jens at Reception, Shirley at Al Maha Restaurant, the housekeeping service and the staff at various other restaurants and places... it was amazing how the entire establishment oozes this friendliness..
I sought out the GM, Mr Nader Halim from Egypt and immediately I could see why this place excels in friendliness, under the guidance of Mr Halim, this is the only place to be in Salalah. I plan to return once again to be rejuvenated by the innocent and overwhelming friendliness of the staff.
In fact, I have never met such friendly staff anywhere else in the world.. I do get to travel regularly to USA, Europe and SE Asia with highest tier frequent flier status on both One World and Star Alliance and Gold on Skyteam.
The Best Place to Stay in Salalah
The minute I entered this hotel I knew something was special and it did not take me long to discover that it is the quality of the staff, beginning with Mustafa at the front desk and Ali at Housekeeping, Someh/Mujeeb at the front desk, Waseem at the Al Maha Restaurant.
The rooms are large with a balcony facing the ocean, the location is comfortable and cozy.
the only drawback is that if you dont have your own transport, it would be a bit difficult to get around
Unique Quality: The extremely pleasant Staff
Mr Abid Hussain
wide sandy beaches that stretch for miles
nice dinners at Al Maha Restaurant
I have to say that we didn't stay at the hotel, but had a good look around and ate there a few times. The location is far from the centre, so transport is a must if you want to get around and see the sights. The overall first impression of the hotel is one of elegance as you step inside the nice lobby area. There are a few shops off the reception area selling gifts, magazines, etc and the pool area is quite spacious. There is a small gym, an indoor restaurant and a restaurant overlooking the beach which we ate at and it was very nice. The food portions were rather small though but the prices weren't too steep. Staff were very friendly.
Unique Quality: Nicely furnished hotel, nice beach restaurant.
Salalah Hotel is probably one of the cheapest in the city and it is decent for the price. Opposite the ONTC bus station, this good value hotel has large, comfortable rooms and friendly staff but don’t expect a discount during the summer season.
Unique Quality: Friendly Staff
Directions: Opposite the ONTC bus station
• Daily Maid Service
• Non-Smoking Rooms
Unique Quality: -hotel Description- Beach Front Property, Oversized Bedrooms, Recreational Facilities, 2 Tennis Courts, Gymnasium, Multiple Restaurants And Bars, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry And Valet. -property Facilities- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental .Business Centre Express Mail .Fax Meeting Rooms .Modem Photo Copying Service .Printer Secretarial Service .Typewriter Coffee Shop .Pool Side Service Executive Registration .Baby-sitting Service Laundry And Valet Service .High Chairs Restaurants And Bars .Executive Lounge Childrens Menu .Cribs Baggage Storage .Beverage Area-comp Breakfast Area-comp .Car Rental Desk Concierge Desk .Elevators Foreign Currency Exchange .Gift Shop Multi-lingual Staff .Lounge Registration Policies .Room Servicelounge Safety Deposit Box .Parking Facility Turndown Service .Cable TV Service Video Cassette Player - Rental -self Parking Available - Charges Apply
Great view of the harbour, free food, stay as long as you like, friendly tourists wanting to take photos of me and my mates.
Unique Quality: The food was amazing, eating out on the beach with my friends.
Directions: From main St turn right by Al Nahda Tower roundabout onto Rabat St past Al Nahada roundabout, past the traffic lights. At Owqadin roundabout take Quboos St towards Raysut. Hotel wiil be 3 Km on left hand side.
Excellent place to stay. The have palm trees and is located right on the beach. There is gift shop to buy things to take home. Remember try to bargian the price down.
Unique Quality: Has a swimming pool, excercise room. A great view of the Port of Salalah and the Arabian Sea.
Directions: On the coast going to the Port Of Salalah
More about Hilton Salalah
Would not recommend it
- Not possible to swim in the ocean due to strong waves. Water is warm (26 C) but you can only play with the waves.
- 10 km from Salalah, nothing outside the hotel. The only possibility to go somewher is to take taxi. The prices are 5 -3 OMR one way and it is a real taxi-mafia in the hotel. Share taxi with others and bargain. It they do not agree with your price just go to the motorway. Plenty of taxis will stop for you. Much easier to negotiate when returning f Salalah.
- Not much flowers in the garden. I saw much more flowers in 3 star hotels in Egypt.
- Only 1 swim. pool (1,2 m deep). The water is warm and it never is crowded, though.
- The pool openes only at 8.30. You can only keep towels until 18.00.
- Impossible to change room. You will not be given a single chance and all discussions will lead nowhere. Though all the rooms are very nice but the view varies.
- You are not allowed to put the hotels drinks outside the fridge. The fridge is very small and you will really have problems if you want to put your own staff. Prices in the hotel are high.
- No entertainment. The only thing you have here is to visit night club where 2 Russian girls dance energetic dances. Entrance is 2 OMR.
- Breakfast is only inside. The terrace is only used for dinner. You cannot choose yourself where to sit. The waiter shows you the table and if you are single they will put you with someone else.
- For dinner (HB) you need to book a table. If you want to seat on the terrace you must wake up early. If you are single you will never get your own table outside - even if you are the first in the morning to book. You need to share. Tables outside are waiting empty for those who reserved. A lot of people could have time to eat in the meanwhile.
- For HB you get 5 coupons. You can only use them for buffet dinner- neither for lunch nor for something else. Naturally, no money back if not used. If you are a couple, just buy HB for 1 pers. Coupons are not personal and not dated These are not the unique qualities, just things on the positive side.
+ Beautiful beach with white soft sand
+ Large, tastefully furnished rooms with soft carpet and nice bathroom
+ Nice garden with plenty of sunbeds and wonderful soft lown
+ Good HB food, especially Italian and Sea food evenings
+ Play tennis for free (rackets costs 1 OMR pc/hr)
+ Very good gymnasium (06.00-22.00). Free. Sauna, towels, fresh drink-water is complimentary.
+ The pool is opened until 22.00.
Holiday Inn Salalah
General Hotel Information
100 guest rooms and 4 suites
Special Hotel Features
Room service available
Newsstand Salalah hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Salalah located in Salalah at PO Box 870.
Popular Hotels in Salalah
View all Salalah hotels
View all Salalah hotels
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Salalah Hilton
- Hilton International Salalah
- Hilton Salalah Hotel Salalah
Address: Sultan Qaboos street, Salalah, 211, Oman