Al-Asmakh Street, Doha, 23095, Qatar

Aspire TowerAspire Tower

Persian restaurant - Souq Waqif - DohaPersian restaurant - Souq Waqif - Doha

Shopping for computers

by mchassy

I'm working in Doha on a regular basis now. A friend has asked me to buy her a computer there. But when I look at the prices, in the duty free at least, the prices in Doha are higher than at home. Is there a good place to buy electronics in Doha?

by Lauren5020

Where is home? I am from Canada and we've found the prices in the stores to be fairly good (lower than home in some cases). We've bought electronics from Carrefour and E Max (Centre Point Mall). There is also a Virgin Megastore (in Villaggio). Check out websites from home, and then compare the prices. Some things may be cheaper here.
If you are from the United States, prices may be better there. Canadian prices are usually higher, so maybe that's why we think things are cheaper!

by mchassy

I live in Paris, but I'm American. The computer was meant for a friend who lives in the Phlippines (I'm going there on vacation next month). Checked at Carrefour and PCONE. In both places, the model I was looking at was easily 30% more than prices in the States or in France.
In general, I've found things expensive here. The one exception is that I have a suit custom made and it's relatively cheap.

by sting658

Yes Prices are more expensive in Doha , the states will be cheaper for sure
what I do usually is asking friends who are coming from states to visit Doha or back from Vacation to bring me the needed items.I will recommend that for you.

Travel Tips for Doha

Out with the old...

by travelmad478

Although there's plenty of open space in Doha for new construction, the theme these days is as much about tearing down as it is about building up. Many of the older buildings--even if they're not all that old--are in the process of being demolished to make way for the shiny new structures going up all over town.

Who knew coffee was so popular?

by travelmad478

In one of the souks we visited, I was very struck by the presence of several shops that seemed to sell an infinite variety of insulated coffee pots. Or are they water jugs? Who knows. Whatever they are, there's an awful lot of them!

Singing Sand Dunes

by frankcanfly

There is a fascinating natural phenomenon called the Singing Sand Dunes about 40km from Doha. In the desert, you'll hear some strange low-pitched sounds; a result of friction from a thin layer of sand flowing down the leeward side of a sand dune, fed from the top by the wind. The crescent shape of the barchan dunes amplifies the sound, and can be heard up to 10 km away! Even footsteps can trigger the humming.

We explored for awhile before finding them. We were amazed when we got to them, they towered nearly 100 metres above us!

See more photos in the Travelogue.

Located at coordinates: N25.02.446 E051.24.540

everything for everybody

by terps94 about The Souks

If you are in Doha and you are looking for a place to shop for souvenirs to take home with you , head out to The Souks. In here you can get anything from gold or silver jewelries, spices and even carpets and be sure to bargain because that's part of the fun with shopping in the Souks

Mowasalat

by alvinchiazy

very buses, services not frequent, one misly bus station, buses are parked for half an hour before departing, women must be advised to sit right in front, near the driver.
pretty much the same for taxis. thankfully there has been an vast increase in number of taxis and buses due to the Asian Games. So taxis and buses should not be of a problem now.

Comments