Doha Hotels

Our Members Say

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 7837

my hotel: I'll take another one next time

I dont remember the name of my hotel, BUT I also cannot really recommend it: everything was a bit worn out - just see the backside of my wardrobe in my last Picture, it was falling apart.
BUT what was even much worse for me was the fact that at one side the hotel was really close to the airport and also in the city, BUT the last 300 meters from the lighted mainroad to my hotel
had been in total darkness and over a street with various giant potholes, where the taxidriver had to drive around and in the light of the taxi I also saw lots of local people standing and hanging around in the streets and this is why I did not dare to get out at night. I would have needed a torch to find my way

friendly People at the reception

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 18, 2014

The Torch Doha: An Exceptional Stay for Extremely Demanding Quests

This is our second visit here, and glad to be back.
The Torch is built in the shape of an Olympic type torch and truly is an incredible feat of engineering with an amazing eternal light show at night. It stands plumb and is surrounded by stadium, pitches and arenas. The interior is built around the central circular pillars –an avant-garde art! It cannot be missed because it is visible from miles away and becomes even more attractive when it shows off its lights at night. It is spectacular!
LOCATION: Right at the centre of the Aspire Zone –the majestic sports city of Doha!

CHECK-IN: Quick check in, the service was efficient and the staff friendly.

STAFF/SERVICE: I was impressed by the customer service, and throughout our stay we were treated like VIP guests. A huge thanks goes to Claudia the communications manager who although very busy, she would call to see if everything was ok. You seldom come across such outstanding and impeccable service. I cannot say enough about this hospitable, delightful venue. I want to thank them all from the bell boy to the reception, and the management. They know well how to make guests feel important and valued.

ROOM: We were accompanied by Sahran to the glass elevators and up to our Deluxe room #1107, where with discreet he explained about the amenities of our fancy and high-tech room.

I cannot say that our room was big, but it was functional, designed to provide optimum relaxation to the guests.

With the iPad one can control remotely almost everything; depending on your mood, the colour of the back lighting of the bedroom changes to 12 different colours and you can create the atmosphere you wish. I guess this is the highlight of the rooms. In the same way you can call the room service, turn on/off TV, radio, music, copy your own playlist from the song choices, open/close curtains/blinds.
The King Bed was extremely comfortable. Through the 3 week stay in Doha this proved to be the most comfortable of all.

The nice long and Work Desk clustered with magazines, leaflets & hotel info proved handy. Complimentary WiFi adequate for normal Internet usage with a reasonable speed throughout the premises.

The room has a huge double glazed wall (window) but the view is obstructed by the mesh system on the outside of the structure. However this is the character of the hotel and it cannot be otherwise. Desiring an unobstructed view one may get to the 47th floor (revolving restaurant).

A nice touch from the management which is highly appreciated is the Complimentary mini bar (first stock) after you finish the contents you pay the next lot. Coffee/tea facilities, an Espresso machine. Some fruit in a platter and unlimited water.

The Cupboard was normal with plenty of drawers and space. (Safe box, hair dryer, slippers).

BATHROOM: Elegant, spacious with impressive features. There is both a bath tab and a separate walk in shower room (rainfall style) Luxurious bathrobes and towels which pleasantly smell freshness.

Ample of toiletries (a signature scent) –the Asprey Purple Water products which are synonymous with luxury and refinement. The products reveal a fresh citrus fragrance blended with spicy undertones. I can’t think of any other brand or amenity that can enrich the guest’s experience better.

BREAKFAST: It was sumptuous! Live cooking stations. Judging from the variety, quality, presentation, taste, the impeccable and professional service of the staff at the Flying Carpet and the ambience, I can tell that it was one of the best I had for years….if not the Very Best! Mouna, Mari and Jane were exceptional as well as Wael. Thank you guys for this extra touch of customer service. You are precious to the Torch.

BEVERAGE: An alcohol free hotel like most hotels in Doha, but at least here there is an excuse. Many of the customers are athletes so the hotel promotes healthy alternatives/ sports lifestyle, but of course there are excellent mock cocktails (mocktails) which are irresistible.

POOL: When you come to the pool you feel as if you are in the air. The views are stunning, the pool is not that big but once you are here you should experience this feeling of swimming out on the 19th floor.

RESTAURANTS: Last year we had dinner at the Three Sixty which is located on the 47th floor. The view from out there is stunning and you can see the whole of Doha as the floor revolves around. Gourmet dishes, and amazing piano music ideal for a romantic outings. I did not dine here this time so I cannot comment further about this specific restaurant.

FLYING CARPET: Located on the Mezzanine 2nd level, this amazing all-day dining restaurant exceeded our expectations. (You will find my extended review in the Restaurants’ Column)

THE ROUND AREA: The perfect area to combine sports and leisure where guests of the Torch have complimentary access to the Aspire Park -an oasis of 88 hectare precinct with running tracks and open green spaces. The small internal lake is a center of attraction ideal for picnics, jogging, or simply having a stroll.

VILLAGIO: A paradise for shopping and entertainment. It is amazing how the Torch is connected to the Villaggio Mall through an air-conditioned walkway. It makes it convenient for guests of the hotel avoiding the heat and walk to the Mall through this tunnel. The experience of shopping out here is unique and you have a feeling that you are doing your shopping in Venice. There are gondolas and balcony interior settings. It is a place where you can find plenty of entertainment for the kids, fashionable line restaurants, themed retail areas, cinemas, even an ice rink. During our 5 day stay in this area and even though we spent much time in the Mall, we hardly saw one or two gondola rides. This is probably because the fee is still quite expensive.

IN ALL: The Torch is a beautiful hotel with great potential, a haven for sports enthusiasts, businessmen, for the discerning travelers and health and wellness seekers. I long to return when back to Doha again.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 8, 2014
Tip Photo

The exterior changing colours during the night

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Horizon Manor Hotel.: Nice hotel in an excellent location.

I stayed at the Horizon Manor while having a stopover in Doha while changing flights and Qatar Airways paid for the hotel so I was a little curious to see what they would give me for free.
I came to the hotel in the evening and was checked in by very nice staff who told me I could have free food and mineral water from the dinner buffet if I wanted and that was nice.
After dinner I went to my room which was huge and I could have thrown a party for 10 people there if I wanted.
The bathroom was super cool too and it was all in all a very nice room.
I had breakfast in the morning too and while the dinner buffet was a little ordinary the breakfast buffet was really really good.

The hotel has one of the best locations you can ask for in Doha as it's located a 2 minute walk from Souk Waqif which in my opinion is one of the most interesting places in Doha and the museum of islamic art is right across the street where you also have a super view of the new part of Doha that is sprining up these years.

If you are looking for a 4 star hotel in Doha then this is surely a pretty good place to start looking.

Superb location and very friendly and easygoing staff.

• Related to: Business Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written December 27, 2013

Horizon Manor Hotel.

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Heritage Doha Hotel & SPA: EXCEPTIONAL IN EVERY WAY -A STEADY VALUE!

If you think that you can only experience a real Victorian stay just in England you are mistaken. If the exterior is like a Victorian Castle, the interior is like Home. With its distinguishable style and personalized service the G H wins the hearts of its guests –a good reason to return. I can now remember the very first time I came here how its design and architecture stimulated my senses and then, the moment I stepped inside and experienced its exceptional hospitality it instantly won me. If I was let free to write about this specific hotel without a word limit I could have filled pages!

STAFF: It is an unbeatable team starting from the Concierge, Front desk, Housekeeping, Restaurants’ staff, SPA, and Management. I never felt elsewhere the need to hug and kiss members of the staff but this time I did it although I knew that there are strict laws prohibiting even touching the other’s hand. The people behind this business are a bunch of professionals whose aim is to meet the expectations of the demanding guest. What you have to do? Just rely on them ….do nothing else. You will instantly feel this unique personalized service yourselves.

LOCATION: It is by the Aspire Zone and the glamorous Villaggio Shopping Mall. Airport transfers are available upon request. The location is ideal for business travelers as well. The Qatar National Convention Centre and Qatar Foundation are within short proximity. Personally I prefer staying here away from the noisy City Centre especially now with all the construction that goes on and the heavy traffic jams with all those diversion signs that pop out of nowhere and indicate a compulsory change in route.

INTERIOR: Chic and classy characteristics with a glamorous style and a classic touch of luxury. The whole structure is decorated with attention to detail. The positive energy of the interior is reflected all over assuring memorable stays.

ROOM: I felt as if we were back home. The Double Victorian Suite #350 has it all. The unbelievable huge terrace overlooks the Sports’ Complex and is right above the Blue restaurant. I believe that the terrace with this superb view is the highlight of this suite. You can watch the players practicing from the room but if you get to the terrace, especially when lights are on you have a feeling that you are in front of a huge screen watching a sport’s event. You have to experience it to understand what I mean.

Spacious and colourful the interior matches well with the rest of the features of the suite, however the plush velvet red curtains add an extra touch of glamour and style, while the soft lights create a romantic atmosphere. The huge King Size bed, soft and inviting had all kinds of pillows in different colours and shapes and was dominating the room on one side overlooking the huge decorative fireplace on the other. The suite was partly carpeted and centrally there was a sofa parting well with the rotunda and was decorated with a freshly colourful flower-arrangement basket and silverware pots.

FACILITIES: Wireless Internet is complementary. There is a safe, a 40 inch flat IP TV and a mini fridge, while the Nespresso coffee machine adds to the quality of room service. Most hotels provide coffee/tea facilities with just an electric teapot.

An iron/iron board was missing but seconds after I called the housekeeping Archie who happens to be the supervisor, discreet and attentive as always showed up with one and asked me to keep it through my stay if I wished. Ellie brought us the first complimentary welcoming treat -a platter of exotic fruit, and a box of dainty morsel but each afternoon there was something else brought in. With these people around, their loyalty, happy mood and impeccable service, we truly felt like VIP guests. Exactly, the personalized service the hotel prides of, -something hard to find elsewhere nowadays!

BATHROOM: The bathroom is the gem of the suite. Luxurious, bright and elegant with impressive features, with a separate walk in shower room (rainfall style shower) a separate bath tub with gold-plated bathroom fixtures. Luxurious terry bathrobes and towels of fine quality that were bright white, thick with a pleasant smell of freshness. I wonder what more could one want! Toiletries are different this time but they are just as nice as the previous brand. British product –the White Company London.

SPA: I consider the renovated SPA the jewel of the hotel and another reason to pride upon. Since the hotel is a destination for many international and famous sports teams, it provides a fitness centre which features Techno-gym cardio equipment. The services provided are genuine and personalized from expertize professionals. One such is Nina whose massage sessions cannot easily be forgotten. Rocky the other expert, polite and discreet like always offered to show me around and I was amazed with the new look of the Spa. I loved the new renovated indoor pool and during my stay I was hanging out there a lot.

Guests can enjoy complimentary the Jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas which are separate for gentlemen & ladies. Six treatment rooms fully equipped with massage and aroma therapy amenities to help guests relax and rejuvenate. Ask for the SPA promotions and special packages….they are quite affordable, or enroll as a member to enjoy more discounts and offers.

TIP: From the list of treatments I highly recommend the Tune Up massage (30 min. QR 300) which focuses specifically on the back, neck and shoulders. I had it this time and it was superb. If however I had to choose between the Grand Signature Massage (60 min. QR 500) which I had last time and the Imperial Head Massage (30 minutes QR 300) I had now, I would certainly go for the Signature Massage. The latter was ok but there were times when the pressure on the scalp was too much and kind of peculiar.

BREAKFAST: Guests and visitors get their breakfast each morning at Flavours. The restaurant stands out for its elegance and style. The menu includes an adequate variety of International and Arabic dishes -everything one can imagine. Because there are always athletes around, the hotel provides tailor-made nutrition plans to meet their needs and expectations. There are plenty of normal/healthy option counters on hot/cold dishes. Excellent quality, satisfying service and presentation.

TEA LOUNGE: Sangreeta the Director of Housekeeping joined us for a cup of tea the first night after dinner at this outstanding Victoria lounge which resembles an old English parlour. Nobody can resist coming here so we were back the next afternoon for our High Tea. It is an experience not to be missed. I loved the selection of sandwiches, the buns and scones and pastries were all a marvel. The cupcakes were yummy too.

GARDENS: During our last visit I totally missed the gardens but not this time. As I was exercising each day out at the running pavement of the Aspire Park I would come to the gardens when my session was over. The gardens have something special and mysterious that travelled me, and this I loved.

RESTAURANTS: I comment on all three restaurants of the hotel separately but I guess I can write a few things about them out here too. What I can assure you is that all restaurants are ready and able to cater for every discerning palate and offer a wide range of dining options.

FLAVOURS: Classic and elegant interior –buffet option with International cuisine. It is open for breakfast but then again at 12:30pm -3:30pm for lunch. Dinner starts at 07:00pm till 11:00pm. As from 1st December till the end of the month guests can try Traditional Indian dishes presented in a contemporary twist so if you love Indian food why not try it?

AGORA: Simply the best in Doha! It justly ranks #1on the charts. It is highlighted as a Turkish restaurant influenced by Balkan cookery but I find that it has touches of the Mediterranean cuisine as well. I have always been fond of Turkish cuisine but I have never ever tasted a similar combination. If you have not as yet tried the cuisine of Agora I urge you to do it. As for the interior….well it cannot easily be described. You better see for yourselves!

BLUE: Another favourite of mine where I have dined several times. Don’t miss the maki and sushi platter. You can start with these and continue with a tenderloin steak depending on the night and moment. There are Theme Nights and Brunches. You can also have a variety of International dishes in a market style buffet. Meat dishes or seafood are prepared instantly through the cooking stations. It is open daily from 12:30 pm and remains open till midnight. If you cannot decide, ask for Victor the Japanese Chef who will advise you accordingly.

THINGS TO DO AROUND: The Aspire Park is a huge oasis very close to the hotel and it includes running tracks, large open green spaces, an internal lake, restaurants and cafes. All these are ideal to combine perfect holidays, sports and leisure.

VILLAGIO: The beautiful Mall is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel and offers the best in entertainment and international retail brands, including themed retail areas, cinemas, signature restaurants, even an ice rink! A unique concept of Venetian shopping experience complete with gondolas and balcony interior settings.

CONCLUSSION: I cannot think of a single fault of the G H that failed to impress. The hotel manager and members of the management were highly visible, active members of the team which demonstrates an honest dedication to quality and service.

So, if you want to pamper yourselves and experience all what I describe above, then this is the right place to be. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and the people running it and I find it flawless in every way. A BIG “Thank you” goes to the Entire Team who contributed in making our stay a memorable one.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining, Business Travel
  • Written December 16, 2013

A Victorian style Hotel -The Grand Heritage Doha

• nyperose profile photo nyperose
  • Reviews: 102

Amari hotel, Doha

The only bad thing about this hotel was that it was situated in the wrong part of town, in the middle of a construction site.
On the map it seemed to be a nice location, close to the Corniche (the seafront promenade), but as Doha is still very much a city under construction, and with workers working both day and night, it was not the best choice, but it will certainly be in a couple of years.

The hotel itself was nice and modern, so modern (new) that the taxi drivers had problems finding it.
Otherwise the room was big with a luxurious bathroom. The breakfast was excellent with multiple choices, and there was a swimming pool on the roof. The staff members were extremely helpful and nice. There were always plenty of available taxis.

Free WIFI. Nice fitness centre and restaurant for evening meals.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 14, 2013

The Amari hotel, Doha

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Heritage Doha Hotel and SPA: An Amazing short stay – You are All Exceptional!

After the last stay with my husband at this amazing hotel I am back a second time.
I was for a week in Doha and even though I spent the rest of the days with my children I thought to make an exception and treat the three of us one night stay at this amazing property.

It is so different from any other and I love not only its style, its location, its amazing cuisine, and impeccable service – it is the whole package that makes me return and I will keep coming back as I consider it a home away from home.

CHECKING IN: I returned and found friends instead! The welcome was warm and we did not delay at all with our checking in. In fact the three of us were offered a welcome Arabic Coffee, and a refreshing towel.
Our bags were carried upstairs, and from the moment we arrived till seconds before we left, the Room Supervisor Stephen with his team showed an unparalleled service –a service and warmth hard to be found in other hotels.

I was surprised to come across some bad comments regarding the Supervisor of Room service from a visitor and it is obvious that what is written are huge lies. I have no reason to take the part of Staphen or anybody else but the review below is totally slanderous. The guy has just one review, gives a nickname and has no profile info. Similar reviews from people with not much profile details or history should be ignored and not be taken seriously.

STAFF: So very friendly. All staff speaks excellent English, and they are multilingual, the service is impeccable and if I had to say a few words about the Supervisor of room service Stephen, the word that comes to my mind is humble, polite and good hearted –the best you can name of.
Nothing is too much trouble for anyone and individuals are served in the most unique way. My children were amazed of this impeccable service and they could not understand my excitement the previous time I was here when I was telling them about our stay. Now they are fully convinced. All these compliments are for the entire group plus the management.

ROOM: This time I had a nice room, much smaller but with a double bed. My room might have been smaller this time but it was just as stylish and classic with nothing extreme like the previous time. We had complimentary fruit and biscuits as well as bottles of still water in our rooms.
The desk with the classic lamp was where I could check my emails and do some work when I was in the room.
The Nespresso and Coffee machine was another facility highly appreciated.
The room had it all and I cannot think of anything more that a demanding guest would wish to have.
My children and I were impressed with the immediate respond of Room Service in cases that we asked for different things that we needed.

BATHROOM: It was impressive stylish and classic. (Rainfall style shower and again here I found my favourite toiletries –the Penhaligon’s origin of London.

INTERNET: It is fully equipped to cater for business travelers. It offers wired and wireless internet access, the use of PCs, fax and email, high-speed colour printing, binding laminating scanning and secretarial services –an Ideal Business centre!

RESTAURANTS: We dined at one of the three restaurants (The Blue) and the food as always was tasty with all fresh ingredients. It is elegant and stylish and my favourite Chef here is Emre. I cannot thank him more for all he did for us, the impeccable service and outstanding cuisine. We thank all the guys in the cuisine.

THANK YOU: In all it was an amazing short stay, and I want to thank ALL starting from the concierge desk, the reception, all other staff and also the management who do everything possible to make their visitors feel unique as if they are VIP guests. This is how we honestly felt.
Thank you guys for the superb weekend which I will cherish till the next time we come….because I will surely be back. You are in my heart and you are all so special.

I conclude by asking people to just ignore the bad comments made from the previous contributor and I believe TA should have the review off. They are huge lies trying to harm this capable, kind and hard working person.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Spa and Resort
  • Written March 30, 2013

My room

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Heritage Doha - Hotel and Spa: Unparalleled Service-Exquisite Dining!

We spent 4 memorable days at this amazing new Hotel which is standing out against Aspire Zone’s skyline, perfectly placed in a park-like setting on well manicured garden.
It is so distinctly different from any other hotel in Doha or others we are used to, with a unique Victorian ambiance and architecture. It is amazing how it travelled me to the Old Days of Britain. It resembles a Victorian home with fine work of art, rich in colours, brown wood panelling to add to is glamour.

Our stay here started with a warm welcome, a welcoming cool drink and a refreshing towel while luggage was carried to the suite.

Room: We had the double Victorian suite #302 the one above the Blue Terrace, spacious and comfortable. Stylish classic with nothing extreme …just as we expected it to be. The terrace door leads to an extremely huge balcony facing the Sport complex which is beautiful any time of day. With the lights on it is something I cannot easily describe. It is as if you are in front of a huge TV screen watching hundreds of players playing at the same time in different fields. We had several complimentary treats brought to us in our room throughout our stay. Besides the 2 bottles of still water that we had daily, there was a beautiful flower arrangement, a platter of fresh fruit, a snack platter and a dainty morsel crystal stand which was renewed daily and it came as a pleasant surprise to accompany our afternoon coffee. What a treat indeed!
The bed was comfortable with several pillows. My favourite spot was the corner desk with the classic lamp. I spent much time working on my laptop out there. Wireless Internet connection is free, and there was also a Nespresso and Coffee machine which was highly appreciated. The suit had it all. I cannot imagine of anything else one might want!

Bathroom: Our bathroom was like 3 rooms in one, impressive with mirrors around with the rainfall style shower and the Penhaligon’s Bathroom toiletries which I loved.

Staff and Management: I have travelled so much in my life, stayed in so many hotels all over the world but never before not even once did I come across such an unparalleled level of excellent service. At the beginning I felt that we were the only people treated like this but I was wrong. I noticed that each individual enjoyed this personalized service and the best of all we could feel that it was authentic and true care. We felt so special, as if we were their VIP guests. The staff is professional and multilingual and nothing is too much trouble for them. Individuals are served in the most unique way –something unbelievable! We met a couple who are repeaters and they were telling us that the hotel management and the staff work on the least detail for the comfort, preference, taste and style of each and every guest. I can say that I have made friends here and I won’t point out names not because I am afraid that I might miss somebody but because my list includes 12 of them!

Breakfast: Breakfast at Flavours restaurant had a variety of different things to choose from, both Arabic and International dishes, croissant, a variety of cakes, cereal, yoghurt, fruit and omelettes, coffee and tea. I did not see any fresh orange juice though!
Dinning: Buffet was not the predictable. It was inspired by exceptional rich and varied dishes with a choice of the a la carte seafood menu. (Grilled prawns, lobster, fish and squid) I am not fond of buffets myself but I found this one great. Mr. Koyuncu the Executive Chef and Emre Gok are both professionals by far, and they work miracles in their kitchen. Mr. Rupool the f&b director was telling me of the fresh products they use. Each dish was nicely presented and of excellent taste.
The Blue Restaurant on the open terrace serves East Asian sushis and makis, western steaks and everything in between.

The Spa: The 6 treatment rooms are fully equipped with separate male and female saunas and a steam room. Although the indoor swimming pool is not the highlight of the Spa, yet the Spa Treatment Professionals are surely outstanding! Nina and Tadi will do their best to achieve the best result for their guests. If you want to recover energy, tranquillity and balance just indulge in the hands of these two. I had the Grand Signature 60’ massage and the next day the Hot Stone 90’ massage. I was amazed how Nina traced pain and tension areas and she knew exactly how to deal with it. Thank you Nina!
Victoria Tea Lounge resembles an old English parlour where tea and cakes are traditionally savoured…a charm by a bygone era! Try the Oriental High tea by all means. Yoyo from China the head Tea Mistress is an expert. She knows everything about the history of each tea, from its homeopathic benefits to its origin. We had the “Des Songes Blanc –a recipe of white tea, flowers and fruit. It costs Qr,55, and on another day we tried the other most popular –Perles de Jasmin for Qr 50. I surely go for the first one.

Whether you are in Doha for the Sport Activities or just to relax, I highly recommend staying here. Have in mind that it is more than a 50 minute drive -depending on traffic to the city centre.
Taxis are quite expensive and buses in this country are used mostly for workers but you can always be transferred by the hotel’s limo if money is not your problem.
The area is popular to sportsmen and the hotel has several of them. It is possible that you come across famous sport stars. There is no dressing code in the Flower Restaurant even at dinner time. Sportsmen drop by with their gym suite on to have a nimble and get back to their rooms, but dress smartly if you visit the Blue Restaurant by all means!

The Villagio Mall is within walking distance -a unique concept of Venetian shopping experience complete with gondolas and balcony interior settings.

I thank you all guys starting from the management, the concierge desk, reception, Spa, Kitchen, Restaurant and waiters. You are exceptional guys and the very best. Continue to be yourselves! A Huge thanks from us.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 22, 2012
Tip Photo

The huge verandah of the suite

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Hotel and Resorts, Doha: Simply Beautiful!

The dinner we had at the Le Sahtain restaurant of the Hilton is one to remember. The smart and chic La Sahtaine brasserie has a sophisticated atmosphere with live piano music and a tempting a la carte menu influenced by modern French and Mediterranean flair cuisine.

We booked for this specific meal much before we get to Doha while still in Greece. The Hilton has only recently opened its doors here in Doha and it is located in the heart of the Diplomatic district on the Corniche. The new Hilton is only a 15 minute ride from the International Airport of Doha.

The hotel is impressive with style and glamour. I highly recommend it for both business and romantic outings. Guys, keep the good work up….you are the best!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Business Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written November 20, 2012
Tip Photo

Glamour - Simplicity and Style!

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SEALINE Beach Resort: A Nice Family friendly Resort!

The Sealine Beach resort is 50 minutes drive from Doha in the southern part of Qatar near the city of Mesaieed.
Although we did not have the chance to stay here overnight, yet we spent the whole day by the premises, enjoying our lunch and having an amazing time by the gardens, the beach and the pool area.

The hotel was fully booked the day of our arrival as it was the second day of the Eid Al Adha holidays. Non residents have to pay a fee upon entering the gate. It is something like 20 euros approximately. We also had to show our passports. I guess the extras are paid for the facilities of the resort and the beach.

I can comment on the staff and management who were the friendliest, -a bunch of professionals!
Now the resort berths villas, chalets, suites and superior rooms to meet the needs of its guests. Works are on in the area by the lagoon as it is going to be expanded soon and it surely seems to become something special out there shortly.

What I can comment on are the gardens and beach and the pool area. Well there are two outdoor swimming pools. Bachelors have their own pool while at the other end of the gardens at the opposite side there is the other swimming pool for families.

A variety of water sports is available -from jet-ski to an Aqua park. Visitors can enjoy a game of basketball or cricket tournament. There are a few camels and horses for a ride by the beachfront –I am sure the camel and horse rides are under the supervision and charge of individuals. There is a football field, a tennis court and a health club, however I cannot comment on any of the above at this point.

One thing that I want to comment on is the changing rooms which badly need renovation. It was so wet inside that you could not place your clothes properly to change ate ease. The water was dribbling and it was difficult to take a proper shower. The whole place seems neglected and I believe it is one point that urgently needs attention so as to meet the expectations of its guests for the coming holidays.

Other than the above negative comment, all in all it is an interesting place to be, we loved our day outing and we shall be back I guess on the coming trip to spend a few days out here.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written November 14, 2012
Tip Photo

Water activities for the families

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2659

The Torch Doha

The Torch Doha is a 5-star state of the art hotel with more than 150 rooms in 4 different categories. It is located in the 300 m tall Aspire Tower, which was built as the icon of the 2006 Asian Games.

In July 2012 I stayed 3 nights in a Deluxe Room and for 2 nights I even got upgraded to a Junior Suite. This was due to a lack of warm water in the Deluxe Rooms. As it was the peak of the summer and also Ramadan time the hotel was almost empty and I didn't notice many guests.

Apart from the usual features which you would expect from a 5 star hotel, the large Deluxe rooms were equipped with an interactive 40" LCD TV and a unique mood lighting system. I even had problems to find all devices to switch off the multitude of lights. The Junior Suites were 76 square metres large and consisted of 4 separate rooms.

Due to their location on the 10th and 16th floor, both my rooms offered panoramic views of the surrounding area. WiFi worked perfectly in both rooms.

The Torch Doha is also home to 3 restaurants, including a 360 degree revolving restaurant near the top of the tower. Unfortunately it was closed during my stay. The excellent breakfast was served in the Flying Carpet restaurant. During my visit it could be ordered from the menu, but I suppose that it is usually buffet style.

All in all I really enjoyed my time in the Torch Doha and I just assume that the place is probably much livelier at a different time of the year. The peak of the summer in July in combination with Ramadan seems to be a very quiet period. The staff was always very attentive and did everything to make my stay most comfortable.

For room prices and special offers please refer to the hotel website.

• Related to: Backpacking, Business Travel
  • Written October 21, 2012

The Torch Doha: Deluxe Room #1010

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Hotel.: Cheap hotel in Doha.

Golden Hotel in doha is for those people who want a cheap place to stay for the night and do not mind a simple plae as long as it's clean and friendly and has a bothroom attached.
I was kinda worried when i got to Doha that the hotel prices would kill my budget as the city has a reputation for only having expensive hotels, but this place was cheap and nice and located in a very nice place right by the bus station and a 5 minute walk from Souk Waqif which is one of the most interesting places in Doha.
The place was run by very friendly Philippine and Nepalese workers and there as a little Philippine restaurant attached that served cheap meals.
I was totally happy with this place and will gladly return another time.

One of the cheapest places to stay in Doha.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 2, 2012

Golden Hotel in Qatar.

• javierengonga profile photo javierengonga
  • Reviews: 4

Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel: Sheraton, always amazing

I used to travel to Qatar very often for business reasons and i was always staying at the Sheraton Doha Resort and Conventions. Well, if you are in Qatar for business this hotel is not a bad choose, specially if you are travel for a Convention,seminar or similar. The service is good, mostly filipinos staff and the food is affordable.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written April 30, 2012

• Octopus2007 profile photo Octopus2007
  • Reviews: 1

Qatar Youth Hostel: Cheap accommodation in Qatar

This is probably the cheapest place you can find in Doha. 100QR per night. Super clean. A lot of staff to look after you. The only problem is that the gate is closed at 12 and the guy who can open for you won't be happy if you wake him up.

As I'm a girl, I got my own 2 bed room with my own bathroom.

The website is not really up to date but it's useful to check the location map, no taxi driver will know the place. If you can find the weapons museum, go down that street and you'll find the hostel to the left.

www.qyha.org

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 2, 2008

• divecat1978 profile photo divecat1978
  • Reviews: 82

Adam Residence Apartment: Fully furnished apartment

Property in Doha is the main accommodation provided for contract workers. To find one with fuly furnished is not a problem but price is ascelating now. I stay with my colleagues in this apartment which is just nice for me to work from home.

• Related to: Work Abroad
  • Written April 11, 2008

Living Hall

• shala_booo profile photo shala_booo
  • Reviews: 16

Flamingo Real Estate: Service Apartments

Flamingo Studios and Apartments is under the group of companies of Qatar International Trade.
It boasts 3 buildings with 15-25 units each. They offer short and long staying rates that is quite reasonable by Qatar standards where real estate is one of the major issues in the country as one of the most expensive in the Gulf.
Flamingo Studio is advisable if you are alone or short-term stay. They clean the rooms everyday so I suggest you keep your valuables hidden because they dont have safeboxes in the rooms. Rates varies from 300QAR-450QAR per day.
For Flamingo Aparments I and II, it has 2 bedrooms each and can accomodate max. 3 persons. The space is a lot bigger and better and it is ideal for families on a long-term stay. Rates vary from 700QAR-1000QAR

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Singles