Doha Hotels

Our Members Say

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 8900

my hotel: I'll take another one next time

I dont remember the name of my hotel, BUT I also cannot really recommend it: everything was a bit worn out - just see the backside of my wardrobe in my last Picture, it was falling apart.
BUT what was even much worse for me was the fact that at one side the hotel was really close to the airport and also in the city, BUT the last 300 meters from the lighted mainroad to my hotel
had been in total darkness and over a street with various giant potholes, where the taxidriver had to drive around and in the light of the taxi I also saw lots of local people standing and hanging around in the streets and this is why I did not dare to get out at night. I would have needed a torch to find my way

friendly People at the reception

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 18, 2014

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1934

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Horizon Manor Hotel.: Nice hotel in an excellent location.

I stayed at the Horizon Manor while having a stopover in Doha while changing flights and Qatar Airways paid for the hotel so I was a little curious to see what they would give me for free.
I came to the hotel in the evening and was checked in by very nice staff who told me I could have free food and mineral water from the dinner buffet if I wanted and that was nice.
After dinner I went to my room which was huge and I could have thrown a party for 10 people there if I wanted.
The bathroom was super cool too and it was all in all a very nice room.
I had breakfast in the morning too and while the dinner buffet was a little ordinary the breakfast buffet was really really good.

The hotel has one of the best locations you can ask for in Doha as it's located a 2 minute walk from Souk Waqif which in my opinion is one of the most interesting places in Doha and the museum of islamic art is right across the street where you also have a super view of the new part of Doha that is sprining up these years.

If you are looking for a 4 star hotel in Doha then this is surely a pretty good place to start looking.

Superb location and very friendly and easygoing staff.

• Related to: Business Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written December 27, 2013

Horizon Manor Hotel.

• nyperose profile photo nyperose
  • Reviews: 109

Amari hotel, Doha

The only bad thing about this hotel was that it was situated in the wrong part of town, in the middle of a construction site.
On the map it seemed to be a nice location, close to the Corniche (the seafront promenade), but as Doha is still very much a city under construction, and with workers working both day and night, it was not the best choice, but it will certainly be in a couple of years.

The hotel itself was nice and modern, so modern (new) that the taxi drivers had problems finding it.
Otherwise the room was big with a luxurious bathroom. The breakfast was excellent with multiple choices, and there was a swimming pool on the roof. The staff members were extremely helpful and nice. There were always plenty of available taxis.

Free WIFI. Nice fitness centre and restaurant for evening meals.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 14, 2013

The Amari hotel, Doha

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1699

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Hotel and Resorts, Doha: Simply Beautiful!

The dinner we had at the Le Sahtain restaurant of the Hilton is one to remember. The smart and chic La Sahtaine brasserie has a sophisticated atmosphere with live piano music and a tempting a la carte menu influenced by modern French and Mediterranean flair cuisine.

We booked for this specific meal much before we get to Doha while still in Greece. The Hilton has only recently opened its doors here in Doha and it is located in the heart of the Diplomatic district on the Corniche. The new Hilton is only a 15 minute ride from the International Airport of Doha.

The hotel is impressive with style and glamour. I highly recommend it for both business and romantic outings. Guys, keep the good work up….you are the best!

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Business Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written November 20, 2012
Tip Photo

Glamour - Simplicity and Style!

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1699

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SEALINE Beach Resort: A Nice Family friendly Resort!

The Sealine Beach resort is 50 minutes drive from Doha in the southern part of Qatar near the city of Mesaieed.
Although we did not have the chance to stay here overnight, yet we spent the whole day by the premises, enjoying our lunch and having an amazing time by the gardens, the beach and the pool area.

The hotel was fully booked the day of our arrival as it was the second day of the Eid Al Adha holidays. Non residents have to pay a fee upon entering the gate. It is something like 20 euros approximately. We also had to show our passports. I guess the extras are paid for the facilities of the resort and the beach.

I can comment on the staff and management who were the friendliest, -a bunch of professionals!
Now the resort berths villas, chalets, suites and superior rooms to meet the needs of its guests. Works are on in the area by the lagoon as it is going to be expanded soon and it surely seems to become something special out there shortly.

What I can comment on are the gardens and beach and the pool area. Well there are two outdoor swimming pools. Bachelors have their own pool while at the other end of the gardens at the opposite side there is the other swimming pool for families.

A variety of water sports is available -from jet-ski to an Aqua park. Visitors can enjoy a game of basketball or cricket tournament. There are a few camels and horses for a ride by the beachfront –I am sure the camel and horse rides are under the supervision and charge of individuals. There is a football field, a tennis court and a health club, however I cannot comment on any of the above at this point.

One thing that I want to comment on is the changing rooms which badly need renovation. It was so wet inside that you could not place your clothes properly to change ate ease. The water was dribbling and it was difficult to take a proper shower. The whole place seems neglected and I believe it is one point that urgently needs attention so as to meet the expectations of its guests for the coming holidays.

Other than the above negative comment, all in all it is an interesting place to be, we loved our day outing and we shall be back I guess on the coming trip to spend a few days out here.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written November 14, 2012
Tip Photo

Water activities for the families

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2766

The Torch Doha

The Torch Doha is a 5-star state of the art hotel with more than 150 rooms in 4 different categories. It is located in the 300 m tall Aspire Tower, which was built as the icon of the 2006 Asian Games.

In July 2012 I stayed 3 nights in a Deluxe Room and for 2 nights I even got upgraded to a Junior Suite. This was due to a lack of warm water in the Deluxe Rooms. As it was the peak of the summer and also Ramadan time the hotel was almost empty and I didn't notice many guests.

Apart from the usual features which you would expect from a 5 star hotel, the large Deluxe rooms were equipped with an interactive 40" LCD TV and a unique mood lighting system. I even had problems to find all devices to switch off the multitude of lights. The Junior Suites were 76 square metres large and consisted of 4 separate rooms.

Due to their location on the 10th and 16th floor, both my rooms offered panoramic views of the surrounding area. WiFi worked perfectly in both rooms.

The Torch Doha is also home to 3 restaurants, including a 360 degree revolving restaurant near the top of the tower. Unfortunately it was closed during my stay. The excellent breakfast was served in the Flying Carpet restaurant. During my visit it could be ordered from the menu, but I suppose that it is usually buffet style.

All in all I really enjoyed my time in the Torch Doha and I just assume that the place is probably much livelier at a different time of the year. The peak of the summer in July in combination with Ramadan seems to be a very quiet period. The staff was always very attentive and did everything to make my stay most comfortable.

For room prices and special offers please refer to the hotel website.

• Related to: Backpacking, Business Travel
  • Written October 21, 2012

The Torch Doha: Deluxe Room #1010

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1934

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Hotel.: Cheap hotel in Doha.

Golden Hotel in doha is for those people who want a cheap place to stay for the night and do not mind a simple plae as long as it's clean and friendly and has a bothroom attached.
I was kinda worried when i got to Doha that the hotel prices would kill my budget as the city has a reputation for only having expensive hotels, but this place was cheap and nice and located in a very nice place right by the bus station and a 5 minute walk from Souk Waqif which is one of the most interesting places in Doha.
The place was run by very friendly Philippine and Nepalese workers and there as a little Philippine restaurant attached that served cheap meals.
I was totally happy with this place and will gladly return another time.

One of the cheapest places to stay in Doha.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 2, 2012

Golden Hotel in Qatar.

• javierengonga profile photo javierengonga
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel: Sheraton, always amazing

I used to travel to Qatar very often for business reasons and i was always staying at the Sheraton Doha Resort and Conventions. Well, if you are in Qatar for business this hotel is not a bad choose, specially if you are travel for a Convention,seminar or similar. The service is good, mostly filipinos staff and the food is affordable.

• Written April 30, 2012

• Octopus2007 profile photo Octopus2007
  • Reviews: 1

Qatar Youth Hostel: Cheap accommodation in Qatar

This is probably the cheapest place you can find in Doha. 100QR per night. Super clean. A lot of staff to look after you. The only problem is that the gate is closed at 12 and the guy who can open for you won't be happy if you wake him up.

As I'm a girl, I got my own 2 bed room with my own bathroom.

The website is not really up to date but it's useful to check the location map, no taxi driver will know the place. If you can find the weapons museum, go down that street and you'll find the hostel to the left.

www.qyha.org

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 2, 2008

• divecat1978 profile photo divecat1978
  • Reviews: 82

Adam Residence Apartment: Fully furnished apartment

Property in Doha is the main accommodation provided for contract workers. To find one with fuly furnished is not a problem but price is ascelating now. I stay with my colleagues in this apartment which is just nice for me to work from home.

• Related to: Work Abroad
  • Written April 11, 2008

Living Hall

• shala_booo profile photo shala_booo
  • Reviews: 16

Flamingo Real Estate: Service Apartments

Flamingo Studios and Apartments is under the group of companies of Qatar International Trade.
It boasts 3 buildings with 15-25 units each. They offer short and long staying rates that is quite reasonable by Qatar standards where real estate is one of the major issues in the country as one of the most expensive in the Gulf.
Flamingo Studio is advisable if you are alone or short-term stay. They clean the rooms everyday so I suggest you keep your valuables hidden because they dont have safeboxes in the rooms. Rates varies from 300QAR-450QAR per day.
For Flamingo Aparments I and II, it has 2 bedrooms each and can accomodate max. 3 persons. The space is a lot bigger and better and it is ideal for families on a long-term stay. Rates vary from 700QAR-1000QAR

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Singles

• Written May 19, 2007

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4137

THE ORYX LOUNGE: ALTERNATIVE TO A SHORT HOTEL STAY

The alternative to hotels on a short stay

Trapped in Doha Airport? Long layover, but not enough time to get out of the Airport? Or do you just want to look cool being greeted at the Arrivals Hall with your name on a sign held by a beautiful young lady. And you get to jump the entire queue at Security. If that was not all, you get all the food and drink you want, comfortable sofas, free internet services and you can sleep stretched out. The price is economical as well. They say you can only stay 6 hours, but they do not check once you enter. I stayed for 9 hours.

The Bad Part

• They do not make it easy to book. The booking form is hellish and you have to send a copy of your Credit Card, front and back!

AND…..

• NO ALCOHOL. How bizarre. You can buy loads in Duty Free which is all of 3 meters from the door. Sneak it in. I did. Just watch out. Some staff enforce the rules more that others! And they do not have a corkscrew for wine.

PLEASE NOTE: You can book the Lounge even if you fly Economy !

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 11, 2006

YOU CAN SLEEP HERE

• Fedzo profile photo Fedzo
  • Reviews: 63

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jezira hotel appartments: long stay accomodation

if you are staying for a long period (more than a noth), you might think of renting one of these hotel apt. a small yet very comfortable apt. with bedroom, bathroom, living room (equiped) and a kitchen (equiped). clean, nice and the rate is very fair.u can baragain too. even nicer if u r more than one. u can rent a larger apt, with an extra bedroom and bathroom,

• Written April 17, 2005

• Fedzo profile photo Fedzo
  • Reviews: 63

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doha tower: Cheep hotels in doha

in city center..small rooms, with pvt bathroom, minibar, TV and AC. suitable for people coming for buisiness, people who will use the hotel only to sleep. rates are not that cheep comparing to other hotels offering same quality of service. ask for business rates.

they deliver laundry quickly