Ramada Hotel and Suites

Prince Majed Street, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Al Khobar
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Dhahran

Traffic Jam after Friday prayer at restaurantTraffic Jam after Friday prayer at restaurant

Aramco Office Taken from Al-Munirah RooftopAramco Office Taken from Al-Munirah Rooftop

Dh. bowling alley Back injury anyone?Dh. bowling alley Back injury anyone?

Dhahran Junior High before the wallDhahran Junior High before the wall

Search for nearest airport.

by tanjung

I am looking for nearest International airport to Al Jubail? I have to fly from Singapore.

Re: Search for nearest airport.

by george5b

The closest international airport to Jubail is in Dammam/Dhahran. You might however find that the connections out of Bahrain are both better and cheaper, so it might be worth taking a taxi/bus there.

Re: Search for nearest airport.

by eFahad

As my fellow member said before, the nearest is Dammam Airport. I would recommend taking it from Bahrain. The travel agency may offer either a free ride to bahrain or free parking to your car in Bahrain Intl. Airport.

The last time I checked, Singapore airlines don't fly usually from Dammam Airport. They do however from Riyadh & Jeddah. The last time I traveled to singapore (March 2006), I had to take a connecting flight to from Bahrain to Dubai riding with Gulf Air and then from Dubai with Singapore Airlines.

If you need more help, let me know.

Have a good & safe trip,

Fahad

Travel Tips for Dhahran

KFUPM : School of Knowledge

by freddie18

I have visited the King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals many times being very close to my office and residence in Dhahran. It is situated between the headquarters of the Saudi Aramco where I work, and the Dhahran Air Base.

The University is composed of three sectors, North, Central, and South. The North consists of the Preparatory Year Campus, the North Faculty/Staff housing, and the student dormitories. The Central contains the classrooms, laboratories, faculty offices, administration, Research Institute, library, and IT centre. The South contains faculty and senior staff housing accommodation. I have had memorable experiences at the KFUPM. I used to visit the university very often as many of my expat friends worked in various departments. No events and parties or any kind of celebration held within the university that I was not invited. It has been part of my daily work and life. I miss my friends who worked there. I miss some of the students who also became my friends. I miss the university campus which became part of my comfortable and enjoyable stay in Saudi Arabia.

Rabibah Barge in Tanajib

by freddie18

Yes, I lived on the Rabibah Barge for a couple of years docked at the shoreline of Tanajib in Saudi Arabia complete with resident physician, nurses and crewmen. It is like a community considering that my Engineering Office is just a stone throw and accommodation camp of other companies are just nearby. It is an 8-storey barge accommodating thousands of employees of our company with the roof top as one of our Entertainment Lounge. The whole area is full whenever there is a live band performing for us at least once a month, otherwise it is a movie house that makes our day complete. We use to go for picnic nearby on most weekend. Weekend means Thursday and Friday. Collecting seashells, shrimps and other seafoods and grilled them fresh. We were just one happy family away from home.

KFUPM

by iwys

King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals dominates Dhahran. The campus stands on a 100m-high rocky outcrop, or Jebel, between the Aramco compound and the Dhahran Air Base. Saudi Arabia's first successful oil well was drilled 500m from the campus.

This male only university was founded in 1963 and now has 10,000 students. It is considered to be the finest university in the Middle East. The campus covers an area of 900 acres, with the US Consulate sharing one side.

The most popular majors, which reflect the employment opportunities in the country, are Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.

Aramco Junior High

by william_navigator

Not a tip but some may want to see what the Dhahran Junior High looks like. You can go to Aramco schools until you complete 9th grade. Then expats head for boarding schools either in the States or Europe. Some students stay with their parents and go to Dhahran Academy.

There is a picture of the "Rock" that was used as a gathering spot. In this picture

Prayer Time

by clws

Prayer is a huge part of the Muslim Culture. There is 5 prayer calls a day and they last for around 30 minutes each. These times vary each day, but can be easily found in a schedule you can get from the Aramco CCC office, or you can find in the daily newspaper. We carry small ones in our wallets. It is important to keep up with the prayer schedules, even if you are not Muslim, as everything closes during prayer time. Shops, restaurants, and other business close and lock their doors during this time.

Comments