At Ta'if Hotels

• FlyinFree profile photo FlyinFree
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Taif Sheraton Hotel: Not worth the drive

Typical Sheraton accommodations. Clean and pleasant restaurant. We met Mohammed Ali there in the restaurant during one of his trips to the Taif/Meccah area. If you're going to Taif, the Sheraton is as good a place as any. I would not recommend the drive from Jeddah to Taif up the escarpment unless absolutely necessary though. A very dangerous and winding mountain road with suicidal drivers around every turn. Don't stop along the way to take photos. The police appeared out of nowhere and confiscated our film.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Religious Travel, Business Travel
  • Written July 18, 2007

• 1W1V profile photo 1W1V
  • Reviews: 580

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Airport Rd hotel: Family Room II

It was like an appartment but pretty ugly.
There was one meeting room with a TV, one bathroom, one kitchen and one bedroom. Additional mattrasses can be asked at the reception.
No towel available !
200 SAR

Not much but seems to always have one or two free room.
Meet the travelling saudi families including women (all veiled of course but can sometime partially see the face).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• 1W1V profile photo 1W1V
  • Reviews: 580

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Airport Rd hotel: Family Room

I arrived in Taif very late at night and went to the intercontinental with a friend who had a booking there (480 SAR !).
Not enjoying same budget level, I return to Taif and not far from the Intercon, there are along the road a lot of "house" with 4X4 parked in front. I decided that there were hotels and I was .... right.
There are organised to cater family. Nevertheless, one accept me and I got a family room as they only have this kind of "room".
Paid 200 SAR

None, not even very clean !
I would say not so noisy despite the fact that they are close to the highway.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average