InterContinental Hotel Jeddah

mikey_e's Profile Photo

Another grande old dame

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2012

I don't normally look to stay at the Intercontinental when I'm visiting a new city, but the hotel was chosen for me by the Embassy. It is located along the Corniche and is fairly close to commercial centres and shopping along Palestine Street. The hotel is well-appointed and has a beautiful lobby, although the rooms are older and done in the usual gawdy décor of Saudi hotels. The bed and the bathroom was decent, however, and the hotel provides a good location for those looking to do business and to be able to relax a bit while in Jeddah. There is a gym across the entranceway from the hotel (still on the hotel compound) that has a swimming pool and basic facilities. I believe that it's for men only and that there are no facilities for women.

Unique Quality: The lounge facilities here are small, but the best aspect of the hotel is its access to the corniche. Given that it is walking distance, you can enjoy your evenings by going out for a walk along the corniche and enjoying the view of the knock-off Lac Leman fountain.

american_tourister's Profile Photo

A nice respite from travel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2010

I was greeted outside of customs at the Jeddah Airport by a driver from the hotel. He had a nameboard for me so I did not have to glance but once to find him. He put me in a Crowne Victoria and drove me to the hotel. That was a real bonus as I did not have to haggle with a taxi. It only cost 125 SAR which is about 30 USD so it was well worth it.

I had been travelling for 27 hours and was exahusted upon my arrival. The staff saw this and I was treated like a king. They were very professional and courteous and thought they were doing me a favor by giving me an upgraded room with a view of the corniche and the world's tallest fountain.

Unknown to me I was also being treated to an impromptu parade of blaring cars horns and yelling people. It was Saudi National Day and it was revelry like they had won the World Cup.

All I wanted was a dark, cold room where I could sleep for days. The room was beautiful and the bed was awesome. After the parade ended I went out like a light and slept about 12 hours.

Unique Quality: Great staff. Very well appointed rooms. Good security. The security aspect is not to be taken lightly here in KSA. It is a very important component of living here. While secure, the personnel are not intrusive.

Directions: The Corniche Road

Mobile phone stolen - no help from staff

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 26, 2009

While others might comment on the aspects of service etc...(which frankly is a standard 4 star level across most '5 star' hotels in the Kingdom), I would focus on an incident which has eroded my confidence in this hotel. Last week I forgot my phone in the lobby of the hotel (next to the hotel concierge), only to return less than an hour later to realize that its stolen.

The hotel staff provided little support in helping me find my phone. When I asked them to take a look at their security cameras, I was told that they had no camera in the lobby. When I asked them to question the staff who served the lobby area, I was told that such an act was out of their 'protocol' . (which accordingly has something to do with the Housekeeping referring such cases to the reception). I am a Gold Member of the Priority Club Rewards program and certainly expect a better deal.

Overall it was a very sour experience for me. I was a very regular guest at this hotel and am disturbed by this unfortunate incident.
--Vamsi Srinivas

Full Business Center
PC Service
Printer Service

Directions: Al-Hamra Corniche.
15 MINUTES DRIVE, SOUTHWEST OF JEDDAH AIRPORT.

Nearby InterContinental Hotel Jeddah

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Jiddah Travel Forum

Need advice about Jiddah, Saudi Arabia? Visit the Travel Forum for Jiddah and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Jiddah hotel reviews