Makkah Rd, Al Azizia, Mecca, 21955, Saudi Arabia

More about Mecca

HARAM SHARIF VIEW AT NIGHTHARAM SHARIF VIEW AT NIGHT

2nd Time Umrah2nd Time Umrah

The Haram, the mosque at MeccaThe Haram, the mosque at Mecca

looking down at people doing tawaaflooking down at people doing tawaaf

Baby Food

by mabbas

Salaam Alaykum, do any stores sell bottled baby food such as meats and pasta for 1 year old in Makkah or Medina?

Re: Baby Food

by explore_discover

Waalaikum Aasalam

You can find all kinds of food at Bin Dawood Super Store. List of Stores given below, select the one which is convinient for you.

MAKKAH

Al Taiba. Tel: 3201156
Al Anwar. Tel: 8181005

Re: Baby Food

by Mozumbus

Although I have not bought one but believe that you will not have any problems whatsoever in these cities inshallah, as far as food is concerend. Bin Dawood is a big store chain, can be found everywhere, and maintain a lot of stuff with them...

Travel Tips for Mecca

The Famous Aziziya Tunnel

by Pakistaniguy

After completing my Umrah and prayers, i wanted to log on to the Virtual Tourist from Makkah. so, i got into a taxi infront of my Saraya hotel. I told the taxi driver to take my to Hadda Market (which was told to me by Hotel Receptionist) where i can use internet. He drove on Al-Hadda Road and we were soon in this large tunnel called Aziziya. It was nice to see Tunnels outside Europe (especially Switzerland where they have so many tunnels). I think this was my first experience being in such a large tunnel outside Europe. I am not sure how long it was but for sure it was around 4-5 kms.

My son`s first Umra

by marimar_72

Although most muslim people take their kids to the grand mosque in makka at early age..
My husband and I always thought that my son is a bit(well not a bit,,maybe a lot) hyper active and might get lost from us at the crowd.
This year 2006 I thought he`s old enough,after all he`s 8 years old.so I went and bought him the whilte cloth to preform Umra.

We went to Makkah in the afternoon on a Ramadan weekend,and boy I made a mistake,the mosque was so crowded,he barely could breath.at first he was excited and was counting the times we circled the Kaaba(The black building in the middle of the mosque),

By the end of the Umra he was out of breath,but his cheeks and lips were so red because of the hot weather.looked rather cute I must add.

Typical old houses of Makkah

by marimar_72

Here is a picture of what a typical Makkawi house looked like in the old days,the architecture is also simliar to the one in Jeddah city,the wooden windows is called rawasheen,where it allows air into the house but also keeps it`s privaciy.
All houses are painted with white colour to keep sun rays away,another way to keep houses cool.

Fort

by Digi

One thing that I did not like about Mecca was the fact that there seemed to be nothing but hotels and no historic sites. One interesting building I saw though was this fort on a hill next to the Masjid. I later learned that it was an old Ottoman fort constructed in the 17th century to protect Mecca. While I couldn't visit it, it was interesting to see it sitting there among the hotels.

Unfortunately the fort was demolished by the Saudi government in 2002.

Jabal Rahmah At Arafah

by imran8852

This is picture of a tall white pillar at "Jabal Rahmah" Or Mount Of Mercy in Arafah. The Picture Was Taken During My Umrah Trip. But When The Hajj Season Comes, The Place Will Be Totally Flooded With Pilgrims. "Jabal Rahmah" was the place where Adam and Eve met after being overthrown from heaven and was separated for many many years.

Comments