Khaled Bin El Waleed Road, PO Box 1735, Medina, Saudi Arabia

Travelocity Booking.com LeMeridien.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Watch out for the geckos

I do believe that Le Méridien Medina is the worst hotel that I have stayed at in the Middle East. Given that I have traveled through 12 countries in the Middle East, and that I have stayed in six different hotels in Saudi Arabia, that should have a fair bit of weight. I arrived at the hotel at about midnight and was made to wait for half an hour because the hotel receptionist did not feel like acknowledging my presence. When he finally dealt with me, he did not know which documents he needed to check me in, and had no clue about the benefits awarded to SPG platinum members. The hotel itself is old and infested with geckos (no joke - I saw at least three of them around my room). My room, while having the basic amenities, did not have a television that worked, nor did it have any instructions on how to access internet. I would have called the front desk but, well, my check-in experience led me to avoid any and all contact with hotel staff. The hotel itself is located just inside the haram, about a 10 minute drive from the mesjid nabawi, and a 10 to 15 minute walk to the two qibla mosque. The bathroom and bed, while not luxurious, are decent, and the relative isolation of the hotel ensures that it is quiet for those looking to get a good night's sleep.

Unique Quality: I really don't know if anything about this hotel is unique in a good way. It is a short distance from the airport, which is good given the insanity of traffic in any Saudi city. Apart from that, I suspect that it offers decent accommodations in a safe area at a reasonable price compared to the other options available in the holy city.

Directions: Just at the northern end of the haram

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Medina's Best Hotel To Me.

This Is A Picture Of Our Hotel Room When We Were In Madinah. It Has A Great View Of The Mosque Since It's Very Near. It Has All The Basic Amenities That We Need. It Has A Balcony Too!

Unique Quality: Nearby To The Mosque And Shops Below The Hotel.

• Good short stay

This hotel is specially located outside the haram (forbidden area) for non-Muslims can pass by Medina for any reason.
    It's quite good for a short-stay accommodation, well-equipped, tidy, and small.
    Buffet is also provided

Unique Quality: It has got no good-looking view
    Nor I remember if there's any swimming pool.
    Mosque available