Al Mutlaq Hotel

Al Mutlaq Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Possibly Riyahd best deal

Stay there only one night.
    Did the booking through travelocity but when I arrived I found out that I could get it much cheaper.
    The room is not of a 5 stars but they are big. Mine was smelling smoke but nothing too annoying !
    SAR 230, room only

parking
    decent breakfast

Directions: Near old airport

• Local Hotel Chains

I have stayed in Andalusia once and I have been to Yamama to play in a tennis tournament :) so I cant say much about these hotels but from the looks of it they are quite nice ....... so its worth a try, location of these hotels is also very nice.

Directions: City Center

• neilward's Profile Photo

At least this pools open !!

Unique Quality: The Al Mutlaq Hotel got rather full so they shipped out all the British contractors to this villa compound,much better.More relaxing which after a long hard slog on aeroplanes is needed !!!

• neilward's Profile Photo

Is the pool ever open ???

I stayed on my 3 working trips there,the company I was working for paid for it so it wasnt too bad.Its got access to the internet,but theres an internet cafe next door,its cheaper and much quicker to use.

Unique Quality: Its got a pool,I only went in there once,there always seemed to be a private party going on in there...NOT the type of private pool party you and I would like to go to !!!!

More about Al Mutlaq Hotel

A little restaurant without a...

by PeterDW

A little restaurant without a name only two blocks south of Al Mutlaq hotel on the old airport road. Their Kibda kabab

Hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh

by petertktan

Now that I managed to get a customer to issue a sponsor letter, I need help in determining which hotels to stay at. My budget is USD80-100 or less. I have narrowed down to Marriot hotels in Jeddah/Riyadh and Mercure in Riyadh. Don't know much about local Saudi hotels. I would prefer to stay in local hotels as there seems to be perceived fears for international travellers, terrrorists are targetting American interests and hotels seems to be a good bet, judgng from the Marriot Jakarta bombing incident. Any comments?

Re: Hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh

by Ahmadof

For Jeddah I would recommend the Sofitel Hamra. It has a great location for business (right in the centre of the city) and it is within your budget. As for risk, I don't see much difference between a western or local hotel. In any case, I wouldn't be too worried.

Re: Hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh

by redeagle

I dont know where is Mercure Hotel in Riyadh, but Marriott is nice, as for security, the police and national guards are now securing all hotels local or international.

Check Olaya Holiday Inn, I am not sure about its price but I like it, and has a great location next to Olaya Street.

Re: Re: Hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh

by asimk

As mentioned by Ahmedof and Redeagle that you dont have to worry about security or anything as whatever needs to happen it will happen no matter what precautions we may take and I would also suggest that in Riyadh you should go for Olaya Holiday Inn as its ideally located and newly built too. I have stayed in Marriott and its not bad either so I am not discouraging you from that either. Intercon will be on a bit expensive side but its really good whereas Sheraton might be an option worth looking for too. We also have Radisson which has recently been refurbished.

Apart from that in local hotels there is a hotel called Al Mutlaq hotel, i have never stayed there but from outside it looks pretty much ok and then another one called Salahedding Hotel (its quite old though).

You can search them on the internet and can get the contact numbers too.

HTH

Asim

Re: Re: Hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh

by petertktan

Hi guys!

Thanks so much for all your valuable comments and suggestions for hotels which I will consider seriously. However, this week I'm in Bangkok and have not had the time to work out my Saudi/Yemen/Sudan travel itinerary. BTW, if ever you guys are in Bangkok, you must not miss having dinner or drinks at the riverside coffeehouse of the infamous Oriental Hotel. Too bad I was all alone - it's such a romantic setting and I could have stayed there all night!

Comments