Syria Hotels

Our Members Say

• diageva profile photo diageva
  • Reviews: 547

Oriental Palace: Oriental Palace

I did love the Oriental Palace hotel.... it was 5 $ more than Hotel Sultan but was much much better.

I did love his decadent ambient... for sure it had been a elegant hotel before...

The room was enormous, so was also the bathroom... you could trow toilet paper to the WC... and that is good...
The room had also a very big balcony with terrace... table, chairs, big beds, fridge... an enormous air condition with an enormous noise, but I didn't care... I did prefer this hotel much more that the Sultan...
so big, so much light, a place for siting and writing... everything very old and rusty... but with charm... it was as if at any moment Agatha Christie could past through.
We were always alone in the hotel... the breakfast was include...

• Written May 23, 2010

Oriental Palace Beds

• diageva profile photo diageva
  • Reviews: 547

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sultan

We did arrive at 5 am, and we didn´t have any problem because of the time. The location is good, the bed sheets were clean. The hotel its in the second floor of an old building of very high ceilings. My room was the 209. We did had private bathroom. There you could read -PLEASE NOT TOILET PAPER TO THE WC- we did had to trow the toilet paper to a basket.... the floor did had a very old dark green carpet as clean as a very very old carpet can be.
We came to Damascus in summer... it was very hot and the room did had a very good air condition.
After 3 days here we did change. The room was very dark, and as it was very hot we did had to spend the hottest part of the day at the room ... I did want to look for a new hotel... I used like to change of hotel...
The price.... 40 € = 55 $, expensive in my opinion.

• Written May 23, 2010

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jdedayde Hotel - Aleppo: Jdedayde Hotel - Aleppo

One of the best hotels I ever stayed in. The Jdedayde hotel is named after the Jdedayde Quarter (in which it is located), to the northwest of the oldtown, a formerly predominantly christian quarter of Aleppo with old villas and litttle hidden alleys. This boutique hotel has really cozy, individual suites and a very helpful staff. The rooftop restaurant, though it only serves starters, excels in quality and has great views.

Though relatively expensive for Syrian standards, it is excellent value for money, and I would love to go there again. The only minor thing that did not live up to the standard was the breakfast, which was OK but not great (and once empty, food and drinks were rarely refilled). Also, I think the tours offered by the hotel are a little overpriced - you could probably make a better bargain if you haggle with a taxi driver.

10 minutes walking distance to the Omajjad Mosque.

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ishtar - Palmyra: Hotel Ishtar - Palmyra

The Hotel Ishtar is a basic and economic hotel option in Palmyra; the rooms are fairly simple but clean, with very affordable prices. The hotel is located very conveniently in 5 minutes walking distance from the ruins. The staff speaks good English and is extremely helpful; the hotel also has a nice "cave restaurant" in the cellar, and I enjoyed the food. The only thing I disliked was that the room was cleaned only once although I stayed for three nights, but I didn`t bother to complain. All in all a good bargain.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive

Sah al Naum - Damascus: Sah al Naum - Damascus

Sah al Naum was a great choice as a B&B-style accomodation in Damascus. It is actually a 400-year-old turkish villa converted into a hotel. The friendly and always busy owner Ahmet Bukhari, who is a great host, will give you an excellent briefing on arrival with everything you need to know in Damascus. The staff is always helpful and attentive, and free coffee & tea is served anytime you wish. The single rooms are rather basic, but clean, but the double rooms are very cozy. I especially liked the splendid atrium, where you can idle away after a long day touring Damascus and sip a coffee while reading a book. Sah al Naum is in 5-10 minutes walking distance north from the Omajjad Mosque.

Coral Julia Dumna Hotel: Great hotel in Aleppo

A great hotel with a great location. It is possible to walk to the Citadel, Souks and Christian Quarter.
I had a friendly reception and the room was very good.
Good value for money.

Room, Hotel Coral Dumno Julia

Al Nakheel: Nice basic hotel in Palmyra

I really enjoyed my stay at this small hotel. It is very popular. While I was waiting in reception, several tourists came in to enquire about a bed for the night, but they were fully booked.
The manager (Mohamed) and his cousin (Abdul) are very freindly and helpful.
The decor in the rooms are a bit dated, but comfortable. No problem with hot water (on suite bathroom).
Good breakfast is served.

This hotel offers very good value for money.

Central location
Great breakfast
Friendly People

• Related to: Budget Travel

Al Nakheel

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apamee Cham Palace : Hama: Not a nice place

Of the four hotels I stayed in during my visit to Syria, this was by far the worst experience. The lady at reception could not find my booking (after about 10 seconds) and said they do have a room and it will be 119 Euro per night. I asked her to check again – still no result. Eventually she did find my reservation – apparently a different booking agency and not the one I used on the internet. The problem was how unfriendly she was.
The room had an intense, sharp smell of disinfectant. The fridge was not plugged in and was empty. It was not possible to turn the lamp off without removing the plug from the wall.

There are no safes in the rooms.

The room needs to be refurbished.

The hotel has no atmosphere at all. I enjoyed my time in Hama, but not at this hotel – and it was the most expensive of all the hotels I stayed in during my visit to Syria.

Lack of atmosphere

• Related to: Luxury Travel

Apamee Cham:Hama

Hotel al Zaetona: A nice place in the Old City

A very nice small, boutique style hotel in the Bab Thoma area of the Old City of Damascus. The hotel is a renovated old Damascene House.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are individually decorated and have a very homely feel.
Breakfast is served and is more than adequate – including a variety of breads, fruit, hummus, preserves, eggs etc.
When I return to Damascus I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Hospitality

• Related to: Luxury Travel

Courtyard, Al Zaetona

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

Omayad Hotel: Business Class 4 Star Hotel

Down to earth staff at a reasonable rate in Damascus. Our room was gigantic with nice amenities such as satellite TV, mini bar, telephone and large bathroom. I was traveling with my father so a larger room worked out well for us. The front lobby was bustling all the time. Plenty of sofa's, chairs and people watching. Clean rooms. A really good breakfast included that is also a bar later in the evening. Wifi at the time wouldn't work in our room. Went to the lobby to see if it was better but only to find out that because Syria regulates the internet (so they said) the code they gave me wouldn't work regardless of where I was in the hotel. Luckily, they did have a community (although a little dirty) computer. It was all I needed since I wasn't there for business.

• Written February 27, 2010

Inside room

• peterocnnor profile photo peterocnnor
  • Reviews: 89

EUROPE HOTEL: HIDDEN JEM IN DAMASCUS

HAD A GREAT TIME IN EUROPE HOTEL . THE STAFF WERE FRIENDLY & HELPFUL & THE ROOMS WERE A GOOD SIZE & MEET ALL YOUR BASIC WANTS & NEEDS . THE LOCATION WAS EXCELLENT UNDER 5 MINS WALK FROM THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF DAMASCUS. & 15 MINS WALK FROM THE CITADEL & ENTRANCE OF SOUQ HAMIDYYA .

1/ CLEAN & DECENT SIZED ROOM'S
2/ VERY FRIENDLY & HELPFUL STAFF
3/ GREAT LOCATION
4/ GOOD COST PER NITE PER ROOM

• Related to: Family Travel, Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel
  • Written February 7, 2010
Tip Photo

• laziali profile photo laziali
  • Reviews: 2

Sultan Hotel: Best location

The rate is good, from the beginning as for 15 USD the hotel taxi picked us up form the airport (in the middle of the night) - by the accomodation for 50 USD - double room with the bath and toillet. The staff speak English, French, Russian and even Polish too - the hotel is situated right in the centre of the city only ten minutes from the old town and surrounded by the local cosy restaurants.
The hotel is well-budget up to 50USD per night for two person - just five minutes from Bus Station where the taxi (arround 50 USD) goes to Beirut, and the buses starts to Amman or even Balkans in Europe.

There are no special facilities except the extraordinary view to the town

• Written August 11, 2009
Tip Photo

• samanthacy profile photo samanthacy
  • Reviews: 10

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Blue tower hotel

Blue tower hotel

Ita a hotel in Damascus, a very clean, nice modern hote, wanderfull rooms, nice food and breacfats, foull service from the reception _ really nice place to stay for a fwe days either your visit is for tou or buisiness.

luxurius toublebed bedrooms - colden coloured decoration- very big hotel - clean - helpfull reception - in the hurt of the shops.

• Related to: Business Travel, Food and Dining, Photography

- ac
- tv
- big room
- friendly staff
- hotel is on 4. floor (elevator)

• Written August 1, 2008