Noria Hotel

siaki68's Profile Photo

An excellent hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2006

This is one of the best three-star hotels in Syria. Rooms are comfortable, very clean and all have satellite TV, fridge and air-condition. The staff and the owner are very friendly, they speak excellent English and they’ll make you feel like home. I really enjoyed staying there and I highly recommend it to everyone visiting Hama.!!

Janani's Profile Photo

Clean, Smart and Friendly

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 18, 2005

I chose to stay at the Noria hotel in Hama, after reading about it on this website. Arriving in the town, on a small minibus, I planned to take a taxi to the hotel but a fellow passenger suggested I wait for the local bus which would stop in the street where most of the hotels were located. When it arrived, the driver asked the name of my hotel but when I said Noria everyone on the bus looked puzzled and, after some discussion, started suggesting names of hotels they thought I might be staying at. I was a bit surprised, as the hotel is named after the town’s most famous landmarks: its historic waterwheels and I thought I would have no trouble finding it. Eventually someone pronounced “Nawayir” whilst making a wheel movement in the air and I realised that must be the local pronunciation of the name!

I was dropped by a dimly lit covered shopping centre, halfway along which was the lift to the hotel’s first floor neat, polished reception, a real contrast to the rather shabby entrance. My room and the bathroom, although small, were similarly smart, very clean and had excellent air conditioning and one small high window.

The man running the hotel sat me down to take tea and asked what I wanted to visit, before helping me plan my next day’s sightseeing and onward train travel, then also if I planned to take dinner there. He organised a delicious vegetarian meal for me, of bread and soup followed by green beans in tomatoes with rice, as I ate a little earlier than the other guests at the hotel, I had three waiters providing exceptionally attentive service!

The hotel was well situated within easy walking distance of both sets of the famous waterwheels after which it was named

Noria Hotel

• Noria Hotel Hamah

Address: Sh Quwatly Street, Hamah, Syria

2 Photos of Noria Hotel

Hamah Travel Forum

Need advice about Hamah, Syria? Visit the Travel Forum for Hamah and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hamah hotel reviews