Palmyra Hotels

Our Members Say

• Robin020 profile photo Robin020
  • Reviews: 633

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zenobia cham palace hotel: Nice place

Located in the archeological park of Palmyra, few meters from Baalshamin temple , and Palmyra ruins , you can see it from some of the rooms windows.
1 Floors

Entrance of the hotel

• gmg61 profile photo gmg61
  • Reviews: 408

Zenobia Cham Palace: The best view over the ruines

This hotel has an unique location, few metres away the entrance of Palmyra's archaeological park. This means that you can seat at the bar terrace and enjoy the view of almost the whole site! Very nice view at sunset and sunrise.
The rooms are OK, ours was a bit too small, with A/C and well equipped bathroom.
The price is a bit high but I guess you pay also the pleasure of the view!

Location

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written October 3, 2010

• PierreZA profile photo PierreZA
  • Reviews: 1069

Al Nakheel: You know you are in Palmyra

I really enjoyed my stay at this small hotel. It is very popular. While I was waiting in reception, several tourists came in to enquire about a bed for the night, but they were fully booked.
The manager (Mohamed) and his cousin (Abdul) are very freindly and helpful.
The decor in the rooms are a bit dated, but comfortable. No problem with hot water (on suite bathroom).
Good breakfast is served.

This hotel offers very good value for money.

It might sound a bit strange, but I enjoyed my stay at this hotel more than at the 5* Apamee Cham Palace in Hama.

Close to Palmyra
Inexpensive
Clean
Friendly
Organise trips to the desert
Hearty breakfast

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 17, 2010

Reception Al Nakheel

• ANorcaltraveler profile photo ANorcaltraveler
  • Reviews: 8

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Palmyra: Not the best place to spend the night

The Villa Palmyra is a perfectly adequate property, conveniently located on Palmyra's main street. The rooftop restaurant has panoramic views of the ruins, and the breakfast service is good.

Because I had never received an email response to my Internet inquiries, I finally reserved a room at this hotel through an online booking service (several months in advance). However, when I phoned a few days, prior to my arrival (to confirm my reservation), the owner/manager told me he had no record of my reservation. Fortunately, he still had a single room, available. I still have not established if this error was the fault of the hotel or of the booking service.

Hotel complaints:

The rooms are rather small, and those on the street side have only single pane glass, which does little to reduce the street noise in the evening hours. I found it difficult to sleep, even using earplugs.

The hotel advertises they accept credit cards, however when I had visited, I was told the credit card machine was not operating. I was forced to pay in cash.

Out of frustration (with the nightly noise problem), I departed one day earlier, than planned.

I paid $50US, for a single room, in October, 2008.

• Written November 2, 2008

• shurikken profile photo shurikken
  • Reviews: 3

hotels in Palmyra

hey,
you can check some other hotel in Palmyra. I know that this one is very good and cheap.
so check it out- http://www.ishtarhotel.net/index_en.htm, or you can look up for Faris hotel also.
have fun!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written July 14, 2008

• MM212 profile photo MM212
  • Reviews: 4072

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Heliopolis Palmyra: Best view, not much more

Heliopolis Palmyra Hotel is located in Tadmor, modern Palmyra, at the edge of the Oasis. The best feature of the hotel is its panoramic views of the Oasis and the ancient ruins. Although guidebooks named it as one of the better mid-range places to stay in Palmyra, I was somewhat disappointed in the hotel overall. It is indeed inexpensive, at $60 per night for two, but the amenities and rooms are mediocre. If I were to return to Palmyra, I would probably stay at the Cham Palace Hotel which - while overpriced - offers standard and consistent amenities for $40 more per room. All in all, however, a one night stay at Heliopolis was not terrible.

• Written October 26, 2007

View from Heliopolis Palmyra

• Sarah0203 profile photo Sarah0203
  • Reviews: 1

Ishtar Hotel: Ideal accomodation in Palmyra

I visited Palmyra for a weekend and stayed at the Ishtar Hotel. It was ideally located on the main street, and from it I easily walked to the ruins and local shops/restaurants. The room was really comforable and the air conditioning a blessing in the August desert heat! Helpful staff Naim and Ismail both speak great English and sorted out transport and other things for me. The hotel restaurant opened the day I left so missed out on trying the food, however the breakfast provided was great. Would definately reccommend it to others - great value for money.

• Written September 2, 2007

• naimpalmyra profile photo naimpalmyra
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ishtar hotel: palmyra best mid range hotel

Ishtar Hotel, +963 31 5913 073, fax +963 31 5913 260, mobile +963 94 318 068 (the first one on the left side when you enter the main street coming from the ruins), email: ishtarhotel@hotmail.com. One of the best hotels in Palmyra with very reasonable prices - USD20 for a double room , USD15 for a single room including tax and breakfast. It has a nice cave bar in the basement where you can enjoy the local beers and the tasty red wine. Clean comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and AC in every room. The friendly staff speaks fluent English and French they will be happy to help you about anything you need in Palmyra.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 26, 2007

• atufft profile photo atufft
  • Reviews: 3065

Ishtar Hotel: Next to Ruins from Basic Accommodations

The bus driver kept his lights on us while we knocked on the locked door at around 12pm. Lights came on and the owner opened up. The Ishtar Hotel is a small family operated hotel within easy walking distance from the ruins. The desk clerk in our Damascus Hotel had recommended this place and had made the reservation for us. No credit card numbers were required. Ours was a double on the second floor, with a window a/c, and its own bathroom. We paid $24USD, which isn't too bad because prices in Palmyra are a bit higher than elsewhere in Syria. The restaurant downstairs serves coffee and an egg in the morning and basic Arabic style cuisine with a beer at night. This is one of the better bargains in town. Link provides an even more glowing recommendation and a photo of the lobby, which appears better here than I recall.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Archeology, Architecture
  • Written August 4, 2007

• siaki68 profile photo siaki68
  • Reviews: 112

Heliopolis hotel: Fantastic view

Heliopolis is a modern, three-star hotel, located at a very quite street. Rooms are simple but very clean with all the modern facilities and most of them have fantastic view to the oasis and the ruins. Food is very good and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Archeology, Singles
  • Written July 3, 2007

The view

• vituallas profile photo vituallas
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Palmyra, Palmyra: Money Missing? Ja. Money Stolen

Palmyra is worth a visit. The roman city is really beautiful.
But be careful!

We stayed there 2 days (20th-21th september 2006) at Villa Palmyra Hotel. They look nice, very helpful and the hotel has great views of the roman city.

Apart of Cham Hotel and Heliopolis, Villa Palmyra is the other betst hotel (or at least expensive hotel) in Palmyra.

They stole us 400 Euros, just the banknotes (200 in euros, and more than 180 euros in Jordan Dinars). It was our money for the following days in Jordan, before coming back to Spain. We realised that we were stolen in Jordan, so there is no possibility for going to the police. The amount was in two different wallets, each one inside the two suitcases (and each one closed with a numeric code of 3 digits). So, it was just time to open it.
Honestly, we didnt expect this from a 3 star hotel. And we supose that this wont be an extraordinary case.

I emailed the hotel, but I havent got any response yet.

It happened also to one friend of me in Palmyra, but at Heliopolis Hotel.

Ahh, check the bill at every restaurant!!

Steal Money.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Seniors, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 10, 2006

My money!!!!

• iwys profile photo iwys
  • Reviews: 2023

Ishtar Hotel: good location

The Ishtar Hotel is a mid-range hotel of similar standard to the Orient Hotel. Its advantage is that it is on the main Quwatli Street at the end nearest to the ruins. Also, unlike the Orient, it has its own restaurant and a cellar bar. The rooms at the Orient are slightly nicer, however, and the prices a little lower.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written September 14, 2006

• iwys profile photo iwys
  • Reviews: 2023

Orient Hotel: clean and modern

The Orient is a good mid-range option. It has a central location. I stayed here for 2 nights and paid S£1000 per night for a room with AC, TV and modern, en-suite bathroom. Like many hotels in Syria it is staffed by a small group of men, who seem to live in the lobby. They are sometimes drinking tea, but mostly sleeping.

The hotel is favoured by adventure overland travel groups and there was one there during my stay.

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written September 14, 2006

• siaki68 profile photo siaki68
  • Reviews: 112

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Al Faris Hotel: Avoid it...

Al Faris Hotel is a small, dirty hotel, owned by a cunning man and his uncle, who is also the hotel’s driver. Rooms are shabby and smell like a sh@#$hole, (at least mine was) with no view (only one room has a view and costs double) and no towels. The hotel’s food is awful and the hotel’s driver, too. The day I was leaving Palmyra I asked him to drive me to Kadmus bus station; instead of this he drove me to “Flower’s” bus station, where, after a brief conversation he had with the man at the ticket office, I paid 150SP for the two hours ride to Deir (ticket with Kadmus cost 90SP) . I was so fed up that I didn’t say anything, I only wanted to leave Palmyra as sooner as possible… My advice is to avoid Al Faris, you’ll find better –and cheaper- hotels of the same category.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 22, 2006

Al Faris Hotel

• midnight_mike profile photo midnight_mike
  • Reviews: 299

Al Faris Hotel: A down to Earth, friendly place to stay

Arriving to Palmyra on a bus, we were greeted by Mohammed, the owner/manager of Al Faris Hotel. We did not have reservations anywhere and it was hard to argue with $19 for a double room. The rooms are not that great, but it very close to the ruins.

The best part of Al Faris is the satellite TV in the rooms. There is not much to do in Palmyra at night, so having 700 channels to choose from is a definite bonus.

Mohammed is a wonderful host. We spent many hours the night we stayed there talking with him and other hotel guests. He can make arrangements for a taxi to drive you back and forth from the hotel to the ruins, to the valley of the dead and to the hilltop fortress.

• Related to: Archeology, Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel