Kassab Hotels

Our Members Say

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

Where hospitality takes over

There are several hotels in kassab, but they seem to only open during the high summer...in May, most places were deserted. In one, a quite upmarket one, I found the owner who was a little taken aback by the sight of me asking for a room for the night. He showed me a room, a nice one, but it was well out of my price range...I explained that I was a student and on quite a tight budget. He asked where I studied, and we got into conversation. His wife brought us tea, and we sat on the balcony of the room I said I couldn't afford to stay in...a very bizarre situation! I turned the conversation back onto the room, and he said "never mind the room, come and stay with my family!" The hotel wasn't technically open yet, and was just being cleaned ready for the summer, but the previous week he'd had two Belgian guests who paid an astronomical amount, so he was more than happy with that...I was taken to his adjoining house and treated to a hearty meal of meze and a glass of arak!

During the day, Kassab recieves visitors from Aleppo and Latakia looking to dine with mountain views from their table...the hotel I stayed in had a restaurant, and seemed to be a very popular place for businessmen to bring their pretty secretaries.

• Opinion of Price: N/A