Latakia Hotels

Our Members Say

• MadKiwiBeast profile photo MadKiwiBeast
  • Reviews: 42

Fandaq Samir Amis: Cheap and clean

Nice reception, clean sheets, not expensive - only 200 lira/syrian pound or about US$4 for a single room, kind of a kitchen, at least enuff for noodles or coffee. Central.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 3, 2007

Ominous

• MadKiwiBeast profile photo MadKiwiBeast
  • Reviews: 42

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Latakia: Rude and inhospitable

Didn't stay here, was talking outside reception with a friendly Japanes guy when the dude working there came and asked very rudely if I needed help, basically hurry up and get in here. I asked for a dorm room. NO. I heard you could sleep on the roof. NO. Double room, 400. I walked out sat on the stairs and wondered if I should just split town. He came out and showed me another room for 300, but by now I was annoyed. Actually more than that but can't swear on this site. I went out to the Hotel Samir, only written Hotel in English and Samir Emis in Arabi. It was 200 for a clean single room with shared bathroom and a kitchen with one gas ring. Its enuff. Nice staff.

Rude reception.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 3, 2007

• iwys profile photo iwys
  • Reviews: 2023

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Al-Riyad: budget hotel in city centre

I paid S£1,150 (about US$20) for a single room with AC and breakfast. Some rooms have fan only. My room was at the front, with a small balcony.The room was fairly basic, but clean. It doesn't exactly have a wow factor, and there are cheaper places, but the hotel has a great location, right in the city centre.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Trains
  • Written March 13, 2007

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hotel al-Atlal

After Safwan it was like heaven to come to Hotel al-Atlal. I got a room with high ceiling, fan and a sink. The bathroom is shared, but as I was the only guest it was like my own.
The owner is a nice elderly man, who speaks English and keeps the place very clean. There is a kitchen where you can make yourself tea.
For my room I paid 300 SP.

Hotel al-Atlal is close to many nice cafes and restaurants. And there is an Internet café just up the road.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 19, 2004

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hotel Safwan - the hotel I left

According to the guidebook this was a clean place with ensuite bathrooms and it was a good budget choice. So we went there. Well, it was far from clean and some Belgian women who arrived at the same time left as they saw the apartment. The French couple I arrived with got a room that was OK, they only had to ask for clean sheets. I got a room on the 6th floor and was going to share bathroom with somebody. We had been negotiating about the price of the room, as it was too high first. Coming down to the reception with the passport I think that was what the staff was “discussing”. The tone was not nice and they were yelling loudly.
Coming up to the room again I realised I was also sharing balcony with the Saudi man I was sharing bathroom. He had the balcony full of his washed underwear. Leaving I wanted to look the balcony door (also the only window) but it was not possible. I went down to the reception and they took me to another room. Now I was going to share bathroom and balcony with to men from Irak. As there was no lock at this balcony door either the man in the staff put one of the beds against the door (luckily there was another window in this room).
We went to Ugarit and Cote d’Azur de Cham for swimming. Coming back I realised it was impossible to flush the toilet and my neighbours had left it in an unpleasant way. I went down to the reception again and once again they had a fight and were yelling to each other. It felt very unpleasant and I went to look for another hotel and found it.
Went back toSafwan to get all my laguage (and that was a lot). Tired and hungry I was totally exhausted arriving at the new hotel, only to find out I still had my passport at Safwan and had to go back.

I must say I’m surprised that they, in Syria, put me in a room where I was sharing bathroom and balcony with, for me, strange men.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 19, 2004

• AlexandraKnowles profile photo AlexandraKnowles
  • Reviews: 3

Safwan Hotel: Friendly and Helpful

I've been to Latakia twice so far suring my stay in Syria, and I've stayed at this hotel both times. While its not the cleanest hotel in the world, I havent yet encountered any bugs and the beds are very comfortable. but the main attraction of this hotel for me is the very friendly Manager, Mohammed. always chatting away and quick to give tips and advice on visiting places in and around Latakia. also for 250SL per night, its a bargain...!!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive