Tufad Prestige Hotel

Tufad Prestige Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Venere.com

More about Ankara

Menu at 2010Menu at 2010

Powerfull hands or poor hands...Powerfull hands or poor hands...

Ataturk Bulvari, Ulusa, AnkaraAtaturk Bulvari, Ulusa, Ankara

handmake gifts...handmake gifts...

Anyone up for?

by a_kameo

Hi. I am Ankara and dont know anyone. Will be here for a couple more weeks - my host is insomniac and sleeps ALL day so I'm a tad bored... If anyone is up for a coffee or beer give me a shout...

Also...
After Ankara I will be moving to Fethiye area for a couple of months... any advice on rental market there would be appreciated... I had a look around when i was there two weeks and was told it would be less touristry and also prices would drop after high season... sounds perfect!

by Alikatt

I sent you an email about a web page I am suggesting you check out for resources in Turkey for foreigners. Also you should check out www(dot)mymerhaba(dot)com. good luck.

I recommend you to visit

by neodue

www.80630.com nice website for finding a good friend.

by isildur06

Hi !
I have a friend in Ankara who is a local of Fethiye. I am sure she can help you out with the accomadation thing in Fethiye. I will be there next week as well, if you send me your contact details we can organize something.
bye.

by sadik_akdag

I am living in ankara.
sure I will be free sometime these days to show you around and have coffee.
my e-mail is sadik_akdag@hotmail.com , if you interested e-mail me.

Travel Tips for Ankara

Baklava is one of the...

by Arkeolog

Baklava is one of the traditional desserts which is best known and made in all regions. The type which is prepared with a very thick syrup and keeps for a long time is known as 'Dry Baklava' (Kuru Baklava).

Gare d'Ankara or Ankara train station

by hokomoko

All train lines are connected to Ankara here.The subway also connects the station to citycenter.And beside the gare area you can find the Steam train museum also.
From time to time TCDD arranges tours in Turkey with seam train. For further information on these tours just call (312) 309 05 15 and 311 06 20.

TCDD ANKARA GAR
19 Mayis Caddesi Ankara
Tel: (312) 309 05 15

War of Independence Museum

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

This building of the War of Independence Museum (Kurtuluþ Savaþý Müzesi) is located on Ulus Square just opposite the Monument of the Republic. It was originally the first Parliament building of the Republic of Turkey. Here the War of Liberation was planned and directed.

Being lack of time I couldn’t watch the museum inside. I only watched the building and the gun exposing at its outside territory. But no doubt it is interesting especially for those who concerns history of Turkey.

Opening hours: 08.30 - 12.15 & 13.30 - 17.15, closed Mondays

You may watch my high resolution photo of Ankara on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39º 56' 30.24" N 32º 51' 14.02" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio War of Independence Museum .

Column of Julian

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Behind the government buildings at the NE corner of Ulus square is a small park. The Column of Julian is located in the park (Hukumet Meydani). Erected in 362AC to commemorate the visit of the Emperor Julian. It stands fifteen meters high and has a typical leaf decoration on the capital. It has a nest at its top, haha!

You may watch my high resolution photo of Ankara on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39º 56' 35.54" N 32º 51' 21.48" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Column of Julian .

Kocatepe Mosque

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

This is the most notable mosque in the city. The largest mosque in Ankara, it was recently constructed in classical Ottoman style with four minarets. Built between 1967 and 1987 in the Kocatepe quarter, its size and prominent situation have made it a landmark for the city.

You may watch my high resolution photo of Ankara on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39º 55' 6.81" N 32º 51' 32.68" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Kocatepe Mosque .

Comments