Tuntas Hotel Altinkum (Gocler Mevkii Altinkum-Bldg A )

Gocler Mevkii Altinkum-Bldg A

More about Altinkum

ring activity on beachring activity on beach

Characters and Churchill - Which do i choose????Characters and Churchill - Which do i choose????

Ibos RestaurantIbos Restaurant

Head of GorgonHead of Gorgon

Altinkum in December

by shell78

Hi!We are planning to go over to Altinkum in December (preferably the first week) to visit some friends. The only thing is we are not sure what will be open as when we went over in August most people indicated that the season finished in October. Just wondering if anyone has been over in December before and could give us some idea of what the nightlife is like - are there many restaurant/bars opne at this time of year? Thanks

by manni1304

hello,

it is like all over in the turkey, the half of restaurants and pubs are closed, most hotels are the year ove open, but not pubs and restaurants.

But i think, you can have fun also . . .

manfred

RE: RE: Altinkum in December

by shell78

What is the weather like? We are not sure what we should pack?

RE: RE: Altinkum in December

by manni1304

you can have luck, and the sun will shine, but alos it is pooible that it rains the hole day. But the temeratures will be arround 15 degrees up to twenty. But you can not be sure to have only nice weather . . .

by scattybat

hi, we just came home from Altinkum last week and i have to warn you it is pretty much like a ghost town. The local paper is about to publish a list of which bars and restaurants are open in the closed season, but on the whole it is very quiet.
The weather was lovely during the day, but at night it is freezing! I would definately take some woolies.
hope this helps
x scattybat x

by Gilim

As an appartment owner myself.I have actually stayed in December and although chilly I can say that you will not have any truble finding places to go on an evening.I find Sultans Resturant the most friendly and value for money with a good selection of food and good servings.Tell Esa Leah sent you.Not much in the way of nightlife other than bars Im afraid although,this may change once the marina opens this year.Have fun.

Travel Tips for Altinkum

Head of Gorgon

by mvtouring

This fragment of a frieze dating back to 2nd Century AD, is probably the best known item of the Turkish cultural heritage. It is used on all the posters promoting Turkey and only 5 minutes from Altinkum and the Altena Temple in Didum

Altinkum

by mvtouring

"Altinkum"

The new mecca for the English to visit. I flew from Cape Town to London where I got my connecting flight to Bodrum. We were picked up at Bodrum airport by bus and transported to our hotel in Altinkum. I read everywhere that you have to rent your aircon at $6 per day, but nothing prepared me for the heat that was going to await us on our first night there! Wow was it hot! This is definately not the place to visit if you are a light sleeper or need a relaxing holiday, because this town buzzes 24 hours of the day.

The beach is beautifull and the water a lovely temperature, so we soaked up the sun (especially my two friends that joined our tour from London) and enjoyed the water tremendously.

We also did a lot of sightseeing visiting places like Didim, Prienne, Miletus, Effesus and Pamukkalae.

"Ionia"

Didum, Miletus and Priene were all part of the most important cities in Ionia and today these three are very important from a cultural standpoint. Ionia were the cradle of various cultures in Anatolia for centuries.

According to ancient sources, colonization in Ionia ended in the 10th Century BC.

Today the bay of Latmos, has become into a lake (the Bafa Lake) and the greater number of the old port cities of the region are now inland.

Comments