Barut Hotels Hemera

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 134% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Barut Hotels Hemera

great time at hemera

first time at hemera and first time all inclusive. stayed in apartments basic but very clean, surrounding gardens imaculatly kept. plenty selection at the resturant and the snack bar. very clean looking pool however alot of people got swimmers ear from being in the pool to much. good facilities on site for all ages including: INTERNET CAFE( used alot by kids ), salon, turkish baths, gym, and doctor. animation team great and friendly like all the staff, scooby inspired the kids alot in the turkish lessons, and fun with ali in the pool games.
looking forward to going back in a year or so to see what change have been made

A good time :)

by TripAdvisor Member charlotte23512

Visit the Hemera hotel in October his year. Lots of people comment on the food saying thats its lovely... I wasn't really that impressed. Apart from that the hotel was kept beautifully clean! The towels were changed everyday without fail, and the rooms were very spacious. The entertainment team were great and had activities going on all the time. I'm 16 years old, and the hotel was also very suitable for teenagers. I would go back to this hotel, but I'd rather eat out, as there are plenty of restaurants just outside the hotel with great food!

Fantastic All inclusive Holiday Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Caz'n'kel

I have just returned from the Hemera Hotel in Side, Turkey and wanted to tell anyone who is considering going to Side how brilliant this hotel is. I took my 13yr old daughter(my husband couldn't come) I was a little unsure on how it would be on my own...after hearing reports of pushy shop traders and Turkish men (no offence!) Well i didn't need to worry as the Staff at the hotel, the Guests and even the shop traders in Side were all brilliant and friendly, never did we feel lost or intimidated. The hotel does have mostly German guests and the waiters speak Turkish and German fluently!! We had fantastic weather (half term week October '05) clear blue skies and temperatures in the late 20's c all week. The beach which the Hemera backs onto is lovely - sand with clear waters and fish! and not too cold either compared to the pools! In fact it seemed the nicest section of beach, as walking on the beach towards Kumkoy the sea has lots of rocks in it. We usually stay in 5* hotels in Greece but this was just as good any of them! The pools (very cold) are of good size although we preferred to sit on the beach as the hotel animation team play music all day long by the pool and i just wanted peace and quiet! The Euro is widely used - I had heard conflicting stories on what to take and took a bit of both, but you will find most things are priced in Euro although they are happy to convert to Lira if required. We went with Thomas Cook and they laid on lots of various trips - however we didn't go on any, although we did take a taxi into Side to the Museum which was lovely and you can then stroll down through the main street to the harbour, we went by Taxi and it cost (10 Lira about £4.00) The all inclusive food was very good and varied laid out in buffet style every day. The mini bar is topped up daily too (f.o.c.) I felt confident to let my 13 yr old daughter go off in the grounds of the hotel with friends she made as the hotel has a very good security system with attendents at both front and beach (rear) entrances to check who comes in and out of the hotel. The animation team put on nightly entertainment and this was quite comical!! I would definately come here again.

Beautiful comfortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Itein

At the beginning we were looking for the hotel with such parameters: small, green, with sandy beach, and not known in Russian market. Barut Hemera seemed to match all our needs, but the reality was even better we could imagine. :-)
Beautiful territory: a lot of flowers, blooming trees, lawns are everywhere... My husband is a photographer by hobby, so a third part of our photos are of all those trees and flowers.
Service was great: qualitative and unobtrusive. For example, the restaurant waiter Halil Celik (he's the chief in the first area when you entrance the main restaurant) - very polite, mild, charming young man, the German ladies were fond of him most of all.
Restaurants are great. Good meal, though my husband says that a bit monotone. But even he was fond of Barbecue restaurant (in the lawn close to the beach) - good organization, self helping, tasty qualitative products (beef, chicken, lula-kebab, tomatos, onion etc.).
The beach is very clean, good gold sand, enough place for everyone, so if we went to the beach after the late breakfast, there were plenty of free coaches, and no need to reserve them early in the morning.
Large nice pool, very tasty ice-cream (3 types in a day), nice "hamam", wonderful massage maker (russian nurse Maria), no insects at all.
Unfortunately a few negatives:
1) on TV no English channel, even Euronews in German, so we watched football (World Championship 2006) by Turkish channel;
2) not sure about all hotel guides, but Russian guid tried to sell the excursions on double price than the touristic bureaus outside the hotel (for example, Rafting costed 55 USD/ person at the hotel, but we went by 20 USD/pers., choosing the firm opposite the entrance of the Hotel, and were very glad of the service);
3) Animation. Unfortunately my mark is "3". A few games during the day ("Bo-o-ocha!", "Morning Gymna-a-a-astics!", "Darts! Darts!", archery has finished in 20 minutes after the beginning), 3 small evening shows during our 10-days stay, and even they was on High school level. :-( Politeness, communicativeness? NO. We are young persons, I always take place in amateur talent groups, but there I even didn't know the names of the animation! Huh, I hurdly remember their faces! So the evenings were boring... :-(
Except of these negatives the hotel is really great, thanks to the owners and administration.
Pay your attention: from November 2006 till February 2007 the Barut Hemera Hotel will be closed for reconstruction.
Have a good holiday! :-)

Fabulous New Years Eve

We have recently returned from one week at the Barut Hemera in Turkey. This hotel is one of the friendliest and cleanest i have ever stayed in. We went for New Year and must say it was one of the best new years eve's we have ever had. It started at 6.30pm with cocktails and petit fours in the bar followed by a 7 course dinner in the restaurant with music playing and dancing in between. At midnight there was a firework display. The staff and waiters really were worked off their feet but still remained on the ball, filling glasses at every opportunity.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again if it wasn't in Turkey.

Good Hotel but Some Negatives

After viewing all the other reviews on this hotel we were looking forward to our holiday at the Hemera. It is true that overall it is a good hotel and value for money.

Positives

1. We stayed in an apartment, which was basic but clean.
2. Gardens were well kept and pleasant to walk through.
3. There was an excellent selection of food.
4. You were situated right on the beach.
5. Taxis were available right outside the hotel.
6. Our "man-servant" kept our apartment immaculate.

Negatives

1. The apartments had a hotplate and kettles but there were no cups and saucers to make a cup of coffee or tea and no utensils. Seems a bit daft. We borrowed some from the coffee machine in reception but they were quickly wheeched back again.

2. If you are staying in an apartment you won't get much sleep. There is a bar across the road which has music blaring until 5 am every night - and that was in April. Even ear plugs didn't work.

3. The hotel is very large and is set out over quite a large area. Anyone who has walking difficulties should consider this. There are also a lot of steps in the grounds and no lifts.

4. The hotel description says there are some international drinks included. The only "international" drink they had was Bacardi. You soon get fed up of that. The drinks list was very limited.

5. It is better to leave it until later on to go for meals in the restaurant as it gets very busy - like a canteen, when first opened. An alternative for lunchtime is the bar at the beach which serves burgers, pizza, soup, sandwiches, etc. This is open from 12.30 to 5 every day.

6. Some of the waiters and barmen could do with a personality transplant. On occasion we would get food and drink "thrown" at us. I was always polite, saying please and thank you, but to no avail - silence, not even a smile. Last year I stayed at the Melissa Gardens across the road and they were really friendly there. We went back there one night and spent the evening discussing our lives over the past year etc until the small hours. You wouldn't get that at the Hemera. Perhaps it is just because it is such a large hotel that the staff don't have the time, but what does it take to smile?

7. The traders across the road and in Side are a nightmare. They seemed a lot worse than last year and a lot more aggressive.

8. One last point about Antalya airport. DO NOT GO INTO THE SMALL GERMAN BAR FOR A DRINK. We asked for two bacardis and coke and a glass of red wine. The waitress brought one bacardi and a glass of wine to the table and asked for £19.50. I pointed out that that couldn't be correct and we had also asked for two bacardis. She said that it was correct and the price was for one bacardi and one wine. I just about fell of my seat. Just as well we didn't get the two Bacardis!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily we had just about enough to pay the bill.

Overall we had a good holiday and the hotel was fine, apart from the few negatives. Having been to Side two years running now I think I might try something else.

Great place, great people

Just arrived back from the Hemera, had such a great time with my partner. Was a freebie holiday beleive it or not, but we had such a good time I have booked to go back with another friend in June - Sue is really upset as she doent have enough spare holiday to go with me this time!

The only member of staff who wasn't 100% cheerful was the receptionist at 3a.m - but who would be!! Other than that, the team there are all superb - ask for Ibrahim at the pool bar, Suleiman in the main one, and Murat who is a floor manager - they all made our holiday for us and we can't commend them highly enough. If I went near my cigars, a brandy appeared as if by magic! Soooo much food, I have had to go on a diet before I go back again! The food is fairly simple, but of good quality. Go for the fish whenever it is there, it is excellent.

Good on site facilities for all ages, the animation team do a great job, but if you are lazy like me, then there are plenty of places to chill out, from the beach, the pools to the gardens and all the bars.......you are never far from the next beer!

A word of warning if you are not very mobile - no lifts, fairly steep terraces and ramps in the gardens.

Bought some excellent jewellery in the nearby town, including an engagement ring - had it valued back home and saved about £2500 - sweeet. Just make sure you know what you are buying, and haggle like a madman, don't be afraid to walk - noone will sell below cost! If they let you go you have your deal.... Just be firm but polite with the traders and they will let you browse. Best to go shopping in the morning - everyone seems really chilled out then.

I have been all inlusive in the Carribean & Mexico a number of times, but at probably twice the cost. The only thing that I could say would be better on those trips would be scuba diving, but if that's not what you are going for - book it!

Not Bad at all

by TripAdvisor Member caroleblakeley

Just back from the Hemera we are a couple ages 33 and 46 and I must admit we found the hotel a bit boring especially at night time because the entertainment was very poor by the animation team. Example Snow White panto in German? Anyway hear goes
Hotel is set in nice gardens with nice cool reception area. Room bit like a travel lodge but kept very very clean as the rest of the hotel was. TV, hair dryer (that was good for once) carpeted as well with a balcony and view of the pool area (just) very comfy bed but hard pillows. Towel changed every day there’s a mini bar but only soft drinks. Air con is a little poor and the TV only has news and MTV but I am being picky there really. Pool fab you can sit next to it or in may grassy shady areas around the complex (better for us as away from the hordes of kids round the pool). That’s if you can get a sun bed 1st week was ok then a lot more people came mostly German! They all reserved sun beds at 7am and came back at 4pm! We just chucked towels off some we got so fed up. Most of the Germans where rude with all of the staff no please or thanks from them at all this got on my nerves after 2 weeks my fella ordered beers in German ha ha. There are 4 bar areas but one was not open at all. The pool bar, beach bar, Lobby bar (boring) Aquarium bar (closed) but had a big screen and it had footy on in German of course.
Food was just about ok in the main buffer restaurant but some of the stuff looked horrid boiled fish and veg ! Not our thing. However the salad was nice and some of the soups ok it was very samey no chips for the kids. The buffet it all meats in stews or grilled fish what we had was edible but very bland and some of it was stone cold. We found the other restaurants much better you can use them as many times as you want in any order you just have to book the day before at reception. The Turkish one was very nice as was the Fish one, the service was also good. They seem to serve rice and grilled veg with your main meal in all of the special restaurants (out of the hotel as well) the best one is the BBQ they have tables outside they bring you your own BBQ and you can get as much fresh chicken, Lamb (goat) steak etc as you wish, you have salad bar that has various things that can be used as a marinade we did this twice. Breakfast I thought was the worst meal of the day we just had boiled egg cereals and toast. There is jam, yogurt fruit cooked meat salad and other weird stuff catered towards internationals like salad, pate, and pancakes on some days you get fried eggs or eggy bread. There’s also salad and scrambled egg salty mushrooms and eggs with veg in it ?? some days there is omelet but we never mad it on time for this as breakfast stops at 10am however restraint open till 11am you just have the leftovers. You won’t get bacon or good sausages here. Also the fresh orange is only out for an hour or so you need to be up soon (7-8am) or you will have the concentrated stuff made with powder and water and by heck it takes the coating off your teeth.
Now the entertainment side! During the day darts and volley ball mini golf etc but most people stay abut the pool as it’s just to hot to be active. The night time is mainly animation team who mime various plays and do some dancing this is poor but they try hard a lot is in German and all is geared towards them big time. They do get at least 2 shows a week brought in very funny group, the singer is a German chap and sings Rock around the Rock (not clock) and lets swished again like we did last summer v funny. They had a dance troop one night and a Fakir show with the bed of nails and fancy sword acts this was ok they need more of it. On a Sunday was beach party this was excellent fire on the beach belly dancer fire eating and a DJ and a cocktail bar good atmos. The entertainment rotates every 2 weeks. The staff are mainly very nice a few moody ones but they do work very long hours. See the bar staff duck down for a swift one when the boss is not looking ha ha. All service very good no ques or anything even though the hotel was full.
The hotel is on the beach it’s clean with plenty of free sun beds but no free pedalos as one person mentioned. You have water sports centre but have to pay for this of course. Water clean but I did get stung a number of times by anenomies no one else seemed to have this problem so I think it must be my reaction. There are a few shops in the hotel selling beach stuff cheap tac and gold but they are expensive compared to the shops outside. Bring your own books and mags as there are very few in English you can get yesterdays paper for £2.00. There is a hairdressers and doctors on site along with internet room. They sell DVDs and CDS all copies CD, s ok but don’t bother with DVD very poor quality as I found when I got home. There are a lot of lizards about the hotel especially in the mornings when it’s hot and sunny it was fun seeing the different ones. There are also some cats knocking about all fair friendly and they do like a bit of chicken etc many took food from the restaurants to feed them. There is a hamman and massage in the hotel very good and reasonable prices so I was told I have had it done before so did not bother this time.
There are some bars over the road I notice not one person has mentioned the prices in these bars only that THEY ARE EXPENSIVE (for Turkey) and I know why they try to rip you off!! In one night we had 2 bars try to charge double, one bar we asked for the bill and 2 more drinks turned up! I was told they where free but guess what they where added to the bill. One bar said half price cocktail the bill came full price and one bar over charged by £1.00 (its not a lot but would you have it in the UK) so please read the menu and check the price of the drinks match your bill we had to do this all holiday. The bars are not that good anyway very very loud dance music that never changed. We could hear this in our room as well even with doors closed also there is a club called Oxyd this can be heard till 4am so get a room near the pool not near reception. The noise did not bother us that much and was turned into a dull thud thud with the windows shut. I was told the club was good and drinks fairly priced.
Side itself is very busy hot and full of hassle however it is quite a good place to look around lots to see but the shop and bar owners are a pest I am not rude but had to ignore them in the end or you will never get about some are nice other cheeky some rude and pushy. Again watch your money they seem to try and confuse the euro lira thing all the time. We did a bit of haggling but this got on my nerves as well. If you like that type of thing you will love it lots of shops but they all sell the same rubbish even the touts say hey nice lady let me show you my rubbish (funny at the time) let me show you how to spend your money. I would not advise any lone woman to go to Side town at all I was in a shop with my fella buying a watch my fella decided to go outside while I bartered. I got the right price and stuck a deal but as soon as my partner walked out the man started to say how sexy I was and pretty I was even though he knew I was attached he then grabbed my brest !! Yes that right!! My jaw hit the floor I told him where to stick his watch fled. I did mot tell my fella until we where safely back in the hotel as I feared if he thumped the man then 20 Turkish shop owners would have beat him to a pulp. Even one kid in the hotel (he was a cheeky 15 yes old) got jumped by some of the lads in the bars over the road luckily he just got a bruised eye and a bruised ego but it could have been worse so be careful as you would anywhere. I am quite sure this was just a one of incident but after I insisted I was not alone in any shop or bar again. I did not let the creep spoil my holiday and though there was no point reporting it to the police.

There are some bars over looking the sea they are nice and we only paid about £20.00 fro lunch for 2 with salad 4 beers and 2 main meals this was dear for Turkey though. I can recommend Moonlight restaurant just past the little beach its fab with views over the sea and no hassle. We had Fillet minion with mushrooms etc a starter and 4 beers it came to £18.00 wow. We also went to Sound waves upon recommendation from this site I would say don’t bother the food was no better than that in the hotel and I have un upset tummy for 5 days after, it may not have been this meal but this is the only thing I can think of.
If you like to snorkel as we do go off the jetty in side we swam with a turtle very lucky this is where they hang about. Also saw a big octopus there. Near the hotel there is a pier if you go there is millions of fish in the sea and there a load of cushions you can lie on and metal ladder to the sea. This is a good chill zone nobody in our hotel knew about. Must see the temple of Apollo and the ruins fantastic not a patch on effus (a roman city other end of island)
Trips
Plenty to do we did the Aqua land one it was fab and only £12.00 each however we got taken to a gold factory on the way back for an hour and a half . One couple refused to get off and was told if they did not go in that the driver would lave them and they would have to make their own way back I was disgusted and complained to the tour company Solvent tours at the bottom of the bars. Best one I think is the one opposite the hotel. We did rafting and lunch for £10.00 each but ask because we had no helmets every other company had them apart from us, we where not aware of this before we booked so keep this in mind if you have kids. The scenery was magical and lunch was ok as well. It did go on a bit travel wise and very hot (100 degrees) take t-shirt you will get soaked and other boats will splash you to bits what fun. We also did the Alyna boat trip this was more or less a full day with 2 hours in town (mucho hassly and expensive) the boat stops for swimming and lunch again good value £15.00 each. There where 20 brits in hotel 1st week then about 60 in the second and we met quite a few people so had a beer in the evening with them Hi Rob & Roy, this lightened the boredom a bit. All the brits seemed to stick together as so few of us. There where some Dutch & Russians in the hotel as well but not many. There are plenty of steps so if you can’t walk far you may struggle.
We went to Kumkoy for look don’t bother its just a few streets full of really tacky shops selling the same fake stuff did get some copy Puma flip flops for £3.30 and a puma bag for £6.00 do haggle if you can be bothered and have a price in your head that you are prepared to pay and stick to it. I saw a nice copy bag it looked leather it wasn’t but the chap in the shop tried it on said it was and tried to charge me 95 euro then 75 I laughed then he said 35 euro ! I still said no and that I would give 15 euro no more and walked off, he came after me and I paid him the 15 euro! So do watch it because they do try it on.
I would say take lira for the bars and restaurants and euro for shops you will get a better price if in euro when shopping. All the bars we went to had the price in Lira. The do try it on with the lira v euro thing some times its dearer in one currency than the other make a little chart and keep it in your purse what 1 lira is in euro and what it is in pounds so you know at a glace if being taken for a ride. Mostly if you don’t like hassle don’t go or it will
All in all we had a very nice relaxing holiday I would consider going back with the knowledge I now have but I would go with a group of people or a family. Kids seem to be catered for well (apart from food). I think the place is geared towards families and more mature customers and Germans. I can’t find to much wrong with this hotel at all it just was a bit boring for us at night time, if you like to sit about the pool all day and eat and drink a lot and have a low key night time then this is the one for you. Shame the hotel is not in a hassle free resort enjoy I am sure you will.

ideal break!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bostonbiceps

Having never visited Turkey i was not sure of what to expect but these fears proved to be ungrounded. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for you and they were always on hand throughout the vacation.In fact the only downside was from a local nightclub which was very noisy and the marble floors were a pain when the kids ran up and down the hallways but overall i would rate this hotel and holiday 9/10

The Best!!

by TripAdvisor Member ALEXPGREENE

Went to this hotel while being 6 months pregnant and it was fantastic to say the least.

I dont normally write reviews but i saw a review on here saying alot of negatives about it that i just couldnt believe.

My visit was nothing but pleasent we stayed in the appartment side as there is 2 sides the hotel and appartments. We had a 2 bedroom with lounge kitchen, terrace, bathroom, heaters/air con in every room it was fantastic. Very clean, Clean bed linen and towels daily. Fridge stocked with pepsi, coke, lemonade, water etc daily. Cups , cutlery etc as standard. Wonderful views!

Beautiful gardens and pool. Lovely seating areas in hotel. Restuarent lovely brilliant food excellent selection. Never over busy when we were there.

All staff Very Very Pleasent. Great funny entertainment. Plenty to do. Hair salloon, shops etc on site. Just Fab! Set on beach which is fantastic!

Lots of little animals in gardens cats , kittens very nice to see. Security gards on each entrance to hotel. You have special cards to get in with as i.d. Towels provided for beach swimming etc! I have no faults at all with this accomodation or its location plenty to do.

Restuarnts, shops, bars over the road the owners enticing you to go in but very pleasent and cheap!

Am planning holiday back there again! Well worth the money !

Dragon and PhoenixDragon and Phoenix

PergePerge

Phaselian BuildingPhaselian Building

In the Old CityIn the Old City

Ferry From Antalya?

by MomofReed

Can anyone tell me if there are any ferries from Antalya to any of the Greek Islands? We are trying to make our way from Antalya to Athens and are unsure of the best route.

Thought about taking the bus to Marmaris??? Please note that we are traveling with a 16 month old and need something easy and fairly short in duration.

Thanks!

Re: Ferry From Antalya?

by vaara

No, there are no ferries from Antalya to Greece. There are, however, ferries that travel between Antalya and Venice, Italy (though this service may be discontinued).

You can, however, get to Greece by traveling from Antalya to Kas (about 4 hours on the bus) and then taking a boat over to Kastellorizo. However, this might be problematic if you're not an EU citizen, since apparently Kastellorizo isn't an official EU entry point.

There might also be a ferry connection from Fethiye to Rhodes. Fethiye is about 5 hours from Antalya on the inland route.

Comments