4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Dibo013's Profile Photo

I couldnt go out

It was wounderful days thats I spent on this hotel . me and my friend we took a small rooms Breakfast and dinner include in package .
    there is a small beach in hotel but also the hotel so close to lara beach .
    stuff was friendly and rooms was clear .
    since the morning till afternoon there was many facelity like shot gun - Ping ball and snakes are free .

Unique Quality: pool was very nice good for family
    also there is a disco open roof
    and turkish bath was great

• coreykorhan's Profile Photo

In the Heart of the City

New builded side of the hotel is preaty modern and perferable.

Unique Quality: Nicely renewed hotel is right at the lara beach and very close to city center, very nice swiming pool and right on the beach, there are mini bussus and city busses continiously to city center for the price of nothing almost.
    So you dont get hustled by a cab drivers.

Directions: Ornekkoy area - Lara Beach

• Bad, really bad

Bad. Really bad.

If they have claimed to have 1-2 stars, it would have been honest and anyone would have been happier. But to pay the price for 5 stars and get there and find those conditions.....
    I stayed in mountain chalet with larger rooms and cleaner rooms than that. Have you noticed that on their web-site there are no photos posted in the gallery for the inside of the rooms? Did you wondered, why ???
    The food would not kill anyone. You can eat it, but this doesn’t mean that you have to like it.
    The gardens are nice, with a lot of green and clasical music, but you have to ignore the landing airplanes that fly low altitude to land at the Antalya airport in the neighbourhood.
    The personnel had fake smile all the time, but they did not help you af any kind. If you ask somethign they just say ”yes” and dissapear. Then you have to ask another and another and maybe you get luky third time.
    We spent the new year's party there and we were absolutly shocked about the services. If you wanted to order something you could not find one available waiter because they were dancing. Maybe this is a nice custom for Turkey, but not for 5 star hotel. At 1 o’clock they start collecting all from the tables and clean the floor, with everybody there still partying ! They even informed the nice alive russian people that were singing and feeleng good at their tables that the party is over and they have to go.
    I am not pretentious of puffy type, I traveled in many countries accomodating from tent to 5 stars. But I think when you pay something and 5 stars of 1 m diameter are nailed on the wall of the hotel, maybe it is normal to be shocked by the big difference that you find inside.

My final advice: Chosse Antalya, veeeeery nice holyday location , but DO NOT CHECK IN at Hotel Club Sera !

Happy trips to everyone,
    Razvan

Unique Quality: See above

Directions: Lara, Antalya

• Bad, Really bad

Unique Quality: See above.

Directions: Lara, Antalya

• Club Hotel Sera - Club of 5-star Dissapointment

If you are really looking for a 5-star hotel (according to its own rating) this is a place to avoid. the hotel's standard is below most of the 3-star hotels, and even below some hotels which are not even star-rated.I stayed there between December 29, 2006 - January 2, 2007. The design/appearance of the hotel's interiors generally show a considerable lack of good taste.Even though I paid for a 5-star room, I was given a bungalow, which I can hardly label "shabby" because it would rather sound like a compliment.Let just say that it's exactly the room you would reasonably expect to be given in an old motel at the back of a gas station, in the middle of nowhere. they should ask all customers whether they suffered from asthma (as I do), because the air in the room is likely to cause shortness of breath. we were assured that “all rooms are the same standard”.If this statement was accurate, I can only feel sorry for all the hotel’s clients. In case you intend to enjoy the delicious traditional Turkish food, again you are in the wrong place. You should rather go to small restaurant down-town, where you might find some delightful Turkish food. A very amusing episode happened on the New Year’s Eve. We were announced that the event will start at 10 PM and finish at 2 AM.I was there at about 11.35 PM. Then we were told that there was not food left, because we arrived too late.We insisted and what we got was a small salad and the assurance that the “main dish” was to come in “10 minutes”. This of course never happened. In April 2007 the Club Sera Hotel will open a new compound, which will probably look much better. However, this is not a guarantee that the quality of the food/services will improve. Not to say they might also keep the current location.

Unique Quality: The main "outstanding characteristic" is the 5-star self-rating, in context of the actual state of the hotel.

A positive one: the garden (in case you want to spend your night there, instead of the room).

Directions: Lara District (Lara Beach) - East of Antalya

• Anya_D's Profile Photo

We lived in Hotel Sera, in...

We lived in Hotel Sera, in Lara district of Antalya. At that time the hotel was wonderful: on the seaside, nice rooms, delicious food, all kinds of sports, casino, outdoor restaurant, comfortable beach, very helpful personnel. Musical programme every evening. Everything for the guests! In the photo you see the beach in the evening. Everyone's gone to the dinner.

Unique Quality: However, as I heard from my travelagents this year, this hotel has fallen in rating and is no more as good as it used to be. So, from what I saw, I can recommend it, but it was 5 years ago, and from what I' ve heard now, I would suggest you make a good inquiry before you make your final decision.

Comments