Delphin Palace And Spa Hotel

Kemeragzi Kundu, Lara Beach, Antalya, Turkish Mediterranean Coast, 07230, Turkey
Delphin Palace Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 110% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Delphin Palace And Spa Hotel

Delphin Palace was excellent, but not perfect.

by TripAdvisor Member Americannj

In May 2007 we spent one week at the Delphin Palace and another week at the Miracle Resort Hotel in Antalya, Turkey. Both hotels were quality hotels and we spent wonderful times at each. But the two hotels were very different, with their strengths and weaknesses.

In brief, we preferred the quality of food at the Miracle Resort Hotel to that of the Delphin Palace (although the Delphin Palace offered superior meat dishes at dinner and fresh orange juice for breakfast). Overall however, the Delphin Palace offered a more relaxing and luxurious holiday experience.

A detailed description and comparison of these hotels can be seen at: [--]

the palace

by TripAdvisor Member jazuk

we have just returned from our holiday in the delphin palace, on entering the hotel my husband and i stood opened mouthed it was breath taking, beautiful surroundings. clean fresh smelling, the rooms are lovley with fitted carpets through out. the staff from cleaner gardener waiter managment are so so friendly and nothing is to much trouble. there is something for everyone. the food is excellant too. you can eat an drink 24 hours a day cant wait for next year to return. would recomend to any one. the only thing i would say is men dont forget to take trousers as you have to wear them in the resturants but after dinner you can soon change.

5 star all the way!!

by TripAdvisor Member englandAndyandkerri

We have just returned from the delphin palace, where we had a wonderful time.
All the reviews saying nice things about the hotel are all true--we loved everything about the delphin palace!!
we were totally spoilt during our stay--anybody who chooses to stay here ,would have made a very wise choice!!
As most things have already been said, i will try to list a few useful tips people should find useful!
TRIPS TO ANTALYA
you can catch a dolmus[costing just 1.5 tl each way] to antalya-get the 105 dolmus[which is the most direct] over the road from the hotel, heading left from the hotel.
ANTALYA AIRPORT
you get your luggage scanned immediately entering the airport--and get your hand luggage scanned again before entering the departure lounge--this i believe to try to stop anybody taking through ,excess duty free allowances!!
AIRPORT PRICES
very expensive--15 euro[£10] for 5 pouches of drum
30 euro[£20] for 400 b&h cigs
£5 for either a coffee or orange juice?
£9--for 2 slices of pizza and a coke?
AIRPLANE DUTY FREE PRICES
£28 for 400 b&h, silk cut, marlboro cigs
HOTEL INFO
A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS
we loved the fish, ottoman and italian restaurants, found the french food to be high in quality, but low in quantity-and found the chinese to be bland and rather disappointing.
MAIN BUFFET
wow!! the food was both plentiful and appetising--we loved the food which catered for all tastes.
MINI BUFFETS
at various times, donor kebabs, baked pots, snacks, cakes were available.
Overall we had a great time and intend to return again next year-if you want to spoil yourself, then the delphin palace is the place to do it-believe me you wont regret it!

Only blooming fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member SUE_DEE_LEICS

We arrived back from a weeks holiday at the Delphin Palace 28th May 2007...just the most fantastic hotel! It's the only hotel I've stayed in that looks better when you get there than in the brochure....the pics just don't do it justice.

The hotel itself was stunning and the gardens beautiful. Great swimming pools, loved the beach hut/4 poster beds on the beach and around the 'relax' pool (great for a shady afternoon snooze).

The staff just couldn't do enough for you, the food was amazing and sooo much choice! Drinks and cocktails were fab (and you get import brands after 6pm every day too). Our room was lovely and great view from the balcony (get a sea view or side sea view if you can).

The hotel had a free bus to Antalya twice a day (but you have to book a day in advance) or you caught the Dolmus from right outside the hotel, which we did. It takes about 20 mins or so to get to Antalya, then go and find the old town and the harbour. Its very picturesque.

By the way, don't bother changing any money before you go. The hotel give a better rate and we found most shops preferred Euros instead of Turkish Lira.

One last thing, we met some great guests at the hotel too...(Hi Vicky & Gary, you made a great holiday even better and congratulations on getting engaged while you were there too!)

We hope to go back to the Delphin Palace again one day soon, but that's if we can actually get a room now everyone's discovering how great it is!

Lost for words...... amazing

by TripAdvisor Member Petty2005

I have just returned from a 2-week stay from the Delphin Palace with my husband, sister and brother in law, and I have one word….. WOW! This is a fantastic hotel.

I’m going to start with the only two bad points to get them out the way. You may have read other reviews, not just from the Delphin Palace but other hotels along Lara Beach. It refers to the amount of Russians that come to this part of Turkey, and I can confirm this is very true. I have three words to say regarding that subject: Very Rude indeed!!! I have never met such rude people in all my life. Fortunately it did not spoil our holiday, as the hotel was so large (huge in-fact) everyone was spread out and contact with them was to a minimal. Our second bad point was the service received behind the bar’s for drinks (restaurants included). This was very slow indeed, but we found, this was because there are that many waiters serving on you had and foot the bar staff was kept to a minimal. You may think I’m nit-picking here and I suppose I am but this hotel was so good it was hard to pick out bad points (I had to find a couple).

Now for the good points. The room and hotel was spotless. The room was cleaned from top to bottom, fresh towels, beds made, mini bar and bathroom toiletries filled up every day (there was no cost for these as well it was all free). Mini bar had 4 btls water, 3 beers, 3 Pepsi, 2 Fanta, 2 cartons of orange, nuts and chocolate. Toiletries consisted of Lux shower gel, soap, shampoo, conditioner, cotton (pads and buds) and shower caps. The hotel is 5* and it certainly lives up to it, its things such as the slides, mini fairground, the jetty with bar and relaxing beds and bean bags, amphitheatre for the shows and the games room at makes it what it is. Visit www.delphinpalace.com it will give you most of the info you need on the hotel. A couple of things the website does not mention are you receive free room service from 24:00-06.00 (menu is rather good as well). Clean Pool towels every day (so no need to bring lots of pool towels with you, save the space in your suitcase) there’s a hairdryer in room and a free digital safe. Men must not wear cropped pants in the dining hall of an evening. There is food and drink 24/7 at the Delphin and the staff are lovely and very professional. You even see the boss of the hotel drop in on his helicopter on the restaurant roof (helipad) now and again. One thing I loved was the Gala night (held every fortnight) a great big professional show was put on and there were fireworks, 25 bottles of champagne spraying towards the sky and a giant tier cake (3metres high) all real sponge cake – amazing. I could honestly go on and on about this hotel. If you have anything to ask, please do not hesitate to contact me and I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

I will certainly be going back to the Delphin Palace and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Delphin Paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member TrickyDickyWigan

Blimey! Where do I start?
Lavishly decorated (quite intimidating when you arrive! - but that soon wears off whilst you're gawking at everything!) Spectacular reception area with marble detailed flooring, stunning crystal chandelier, five panoramic scenic lifts. Turkish delight and a glass of champagne (or freshly squeezed lemonde )on arrival. And it starts to get better from here! Everywhere is constantly cleaned and tidied. I ended up on nodding terms with quite a few of the cleaners as they seems to be everywhere at once! All the staff are superb - friendly, interested in how you are - not one miserable face from the staff whilst I stayed with my wife daughter, parents in law and sister in law on our two week holiday at the Delphin.
The rooms were immaculate - we had a view over the relax pool there's a massive freeform pool, a relax pool, a heated indoor pool, a heated indoor pool for children, an outdoor childrens pool, a waterslide pool, and the hotel is situated right on the beach. The facilities for children are second to none. Where else can you find a kids club, two pools, water slides, a ferris wheel, bumper cars, a carousel, a bowling alley, popcorn, candyfloss, icre-cream - the list just goes on and on and on!
The staff adore children of all ages and go out of their way to make them feel happy and comfortable. I saw an accident where one girl tripped and fell in the Lunarpark area - one of the staff shouted for cover for his ride from one of the other staff, he ran over picked the girl up and immediately took her to the resident site Doctor! The speed and efficiency of the staff is amazing - we could do with taking some tips from them for over here!
I have stayed at 6 different all inclusive holidays and this hotel beats all of them into a cocked hat. We had our wedding anniversary whilst on holiday and had a bottle of wine and a gift wrapped bowl of fruit left in our room, along with a business card from the General manager (the owners Son!)
The owner has a hands on approach and most days is flown in via helicopter straight onto the roof of the Delphin Palace.
The food is spectacular. Not one incidence of Deli Belly from any of the 6 people in our party. There's a huge variety and they cater for every taste, veggie, meat eaters, fish lovers you name it it's there. I defy anyone not to like the food - there's just so much you can choose from and they cater to all cultures and nationalities. There's even a lovely chap who comes round several times a day asking if you would like a cucumber, carrot or apple - he has three bowls full of ice and the vegetables and prompt;y peels a cucumber and slices it for you there and then!
We enjoyed it so much that on the strength of our holiday my brother and his family and my sister and her family have both booked their holidays there next year!

Amazing experiene!

by TripAdvisor Member BrightHolidaymakers

I just have to agree with all the recent posts on here. We were at the Delphin from 4th - 18th May and had the time of our lives. It's the only hotel we have ever said we would return to. We were so sorry to be leaving, even after 2 weeks! Every person we spoke to there had nothing but praise and every single person said they would be returning.

The animation team were brilliant and made our 18-month old so welcome. Every member of staff knew his name and called to him whenever they saw him. He loved the mini disco every night, and the waterslides, and mini funfair between 2-4pm every day.

There is nothing we can fault about this place. It is stunning, immaculate and the food is amazing. We didn't once want to leave the hotel during our stay, although we did wander to the shopping mall. We found better bargains in the shops opposite the hotel, and had some great deals (after bartering) on some jeans. We recommend the pharmacy opposite the hotel - very reasonably priced, and they even gave us a free bag of baby wipes as a gift.

Have a wonderful time. Say hello to Jimmy from Kenya in the animation team!

Baby Lewis and family

Eat, drink and get very merry!!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsNSMith

SUPERB! Everything from the decor, to the meals, to the drinks, to the rooms, and staff the place was amazing. Me and my partner travelled with his father and wife and we all loved every second of our stay.

You are spoilt for choice or what to do, where to sunbathe (lounger/ in a beach hut!/ on the private beach/ by one of the pools/ in the sea), what to do, from the organised activities day and night to pool, bowling, live music, spa and disco, what to eat (from the a la carte to the main buffet - there is too much choice and too small a stomach a capactiy, and the drinks OH MY GOD, the first all inclusive I have been to that has a full menu of drinks including champagne cocktail Kir Royal - yummy - try the San Francisco that was my fave!

All the tour operators organise trips and I would recommend a day at Antayla old town, the waterfalls and the markets near Side. There are some shops and a couple of small bars walking distance from the hotel, however the area is still developing and will see a sharp rise in shops/ bars over the next few years hopefully they will not over develop this area as it is a wonderful haven a short ride from the airport.

I note some people were put off by other Europeans using the hotel- honestly !!- if you don't want to see foreigners stay at home or go to blackpool. And yes not all the rooms are huge, but they are plenty big enough, lavishly decorated and pristinely clean - and if you plan on staying that much in your room - should you really be going on holiday??!!

All the staff from the cleaners to the managers made my stay wonderful and I look forward to returning.

5* Turkish Delight

My hubby and I have just returned from 2 weeks at this wonderful hotel. 15 mins from the airport its a dream. The hotel is decadent and oppulent. The staff are so friendly and most of them smile and say hello everytime they pass you. Be prepared to put half a stone on during your stay. As the quality and quantity of the food is superb. There is an excellent gym which was always half full and a huge indoor pool. The hotel grounds are so large and theres lots of different areas, so it never felt crowded. Its the first time we have been to an all inclusive and not had to spend any money. As you usually get fed up with the food and eat out a few times for a change. As for the drinks we had martini and sprite, baileys, champagne, cocktails galore and bottles of becks. You can have most drinks with your meals and they are very generous with the wine, filling your glass up everytime they passed. Whilst your having your evening meal theres a bloke with a saxaphone entertaing you. They also have themed evenings like a love night were all the deserts are shaped like hearts. The gala night which has been mentioned with an outdoor display of entertainment and extra special food and cocktails. On saturday night a selection of market stalls set up by the pool so you can haggle without having to go far.Some evenings you can chill on a beanbag, an have a go on a fruit pipe, Don't worry about the foreign element as the brits are becoming aware of this beautiful hotel. We met quite a few brits during our stay.(Hi to Barry, Joan and Will, Luke and Lauren,) If you have booked this lovely hotel you are in for a treat. We have just booked it again for next June with family and friends.Because everybody we spoke to said they would be going again, so I think it will be booked solid pretty soon. The only fault we found was the balcony was tiny, but hey you could pull over the net curtains, and the drapes, switch on the lamps and raid the mini-bar. If you've already booked this hotel well done, and if you haven't what are you waiting for?

Wonderful and relaxing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Elizabeth261

We've just returned after a 2 weeks holiday staying at this hotel. The hotel is spotless, and diserves a 5 star rating. You can eat and drink 24 hours a day. The variety of food is very good, catering for all tastes even young children.
They have considered everything you could possibly want to enjoy your holiday. You can just sit and relax as they even serve drinks to you at your sun beds.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff are very friendly and the boss of the hotel visits daily to make sure the standards are kept up.
Outside the complex are some shops although the area is still under development. We felt we didn't need to go else where out side the complex as there is so much going on at the hotel.

KONYAALTIKONYAALTI

Mountains of AntalyaMountains of Antalya

Antalya AirportAntalya Airport

Saklikent Antalya TurkeySaklikent Antalya Turkey

Lara Beach and Delphin Palace Hotel

by skengo

Hi,
Can anyone give me any information on Lara beach and/or the above hotel?

Is there any nightlife in Lara Beach? I'm getting mixed reports.

Also, is it easy to get to/ from Lara Beach to Antalya at night?

Thanks

Re: Lara Beach and Delphin Palace Hotel

by canadiantrav

check out the many post on this hotel in the Antalya forums of Trip advisor;

Taxi Fares

by bstroud

Hi
Im arriving in Antalya at 03.30 local time October 26 /08
I need to take a taxi from the airport to Lara
can anyone tel me if they are readily available at that time of the morning
and also the cost of journey, also what currency i should use
Best Regards
Brian

by infinitys

hi,

you can be able to use dollars or euros according to my opinion since antalya is a very international and touristical city of Turkey.But another option will be;you can take a shuttle bus so called HAVAS in the airport with a reasonable price to come to city centrum of Antalya if you wish.

by tony-d

Hi Brian,

I have asking the same question but going to the Sheraton,I've only come up with a price of 40 euros for a private transfer which does seem over expensive for 12km. Lara is closer so it should be cheeper. I'm trying to find out obout the price for using the taxi's outside the airport, I know it's going to be 50% more because of the time,even so I think I'm inclined to go this route.

If you do find out anything please let us know, (or anybody viewing this).

Cheers

Tony

tony-d@lineone.net

by canadiantrav

If you are arriving after midnight you will pay about a 40 % more higher fee. this price to be seems fairly normal when you consider the size of Antalya.

please read the below...posted by..

lovetotravel016

Posted on: 2:26 pm, June 03, 2008 Save

Hi we went last week - arrived 2.30am at Antalya - there were lots of taxis outside, very polite and careful driver - 36 Turkish Lira for the journey to Delphin palace lara Beach. For the return journey @ 1am the hotel rang for a taxi for us and within 2 minutes it was there 40 lira for the return trip

Don't worry (I did) but everything will be fine - I felt very safe. Wouldn't bother booking a transfer.

However the Shereton hotel is farther out from the airport so expect to pay a bit more than 40-45 liras for the taxi... and that is taxi on a meter.

Just agree on a price before getting into the taxi..

Details about Acropol Hotel in Antalya

by magdacat2001

Somebody now somethink about the Acropol Beach in Antalya.
I will stay for 7 days in september there and I want to now if is a good place.
Also what can I visit there?

Tanks.

RE: RE: Details about Acropol Hotel in Antalya

by magdacat2001

Many thanks sa23.
I will try to change the hotel, I hope it will be possible.
This site is super!!!

Magda

RE: RE: Details about Acropol Hotel in Antalya

by bluechip

hi
acropol hotel is not bad,that is wrong!...but, if you are confused,i highly recommend delphin hotel in alanya...if you look for a cheaper one,than "riva hotels" (i think there are 3 riva hotels in alanya) is a good choice

Comments