Gursu Mah. Konyaalti cad. No 192, Antalya, Turkey

Venere.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 45% less but rated 36% lower than other 5 star hotels

• really poor management, no entertainment

i stayed at harrington hotel from 9sep 2011 to 15 sep 2011 for 6 nught.the room were really clean and spacey. the lobby was luxurus. the food and drinking was not bad but the service was poor . there was no soap in bathroom.sattelite chanells were really limitedand most of them were in turkish language,(3 english news, one english movie, 20 turkish language, one persian, and two arabic)there was no disco animation , dj or any other entertainment. and despite all inclusive aggreement but i had to pay after 2200 for drinking. indoor pool , spa, hammam,sauna, jacuzi was extra and i had to pay. the management was really weak.and the owner of hotel was and old ,stingy person who just was thinking about spending less money ,the lobby was hot .and reception was unpolite.hotel was connected to koniyalty beach by a subway.the cleaning servive was excellent but othe services were reALLY POOR.location was ok.overall i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. and i will not go there again

Unique Quality: pool was big with 140 cm depth in all places

Directions: koniyalty beach

More about Antalya

VILLAGE LIFEVILLAGE LIFE

Marina KaleiciMarina Kaleici

DolmushDolmush

Fluted minaret, AntalyaFluted minaret, Antalya

I need advice, ‘BIG TIME’!!!

by EverySpyaPrince

I am considering traveling to Turkey some time between the 1st through the 21st of September. The first question I have is what will the weather be like during that period in the beach resort towns? The second question I have is what towns should I be considering? I have read a bit about Bodrum and Antalya on the internet, how do they compare to one another? Further, are there other resort towns I haven’t heard of that are better?

I will be traveling with my girlfriend and what she does not know is that I am planning on asking her to marry me during this trip!

Obviously I want everything to be perfectly romantic and memorable. Last year we went to Tenerife Spain and although it was a beautiful island it was far from romantic. Hundreds of hotels and thousands of tourists made it a huge commercial tourist trap; exactly what I want to avoid on this trip.

However, we are very athletic and active individuals in our late twenties. We both love the beach and enjoy the night scene. But I don’t want to be staying in the middle of a huge party; I’d rather travel a short distance at night via taxi to get to the center of the action. Therefore, I need advice on hotels as well, I want this trip to be perfect, and so I am only considering 5 star quality. I prefer all-inclusive resorts where breakfast, lunch, cocktails and activities are all included, however I am open to a non-all-inclusive hotel stay as well.

The following are a few resorts I have found online, I would love to know if anyone has stayed in them and what your reaction to these resorts is.

World of Wonder resort hotels:
Bodrum resort
Beach resort

Or

Hillside Su

I am also open to other countries, so please feel free to offer suggestions! Hopefully this is will be the most important trip of my life. I thank you in advance.
Misha

by iandsmith

I stayed in a pension in Antalya in the old city and loved it. Not sure if it's in my pages or not but it was very comfortable and atmospheric.
If you're into history while you're there, don't miss Termessos.
Cheers, Ian

by purplekedi

Hi,

First of all, congrats and hope it all goes well. Turkey is a huge country. In September it will be chilli in the East but on the Agean and Mediterannean Coasts you can plesantly enjoy the nice warm weather. If I were you, I would totally skip the city of Antalya, it's far too touristy for your occasion and head for the small villages around. Kas and Kalkan for instance are very romantic and still unruined places. You can rent small boats and go diving at the neighbouring bays which you cannot reach by land. Kas and Kalkan are about 30 mins drive with a Dolmus from each other. Also in the area, Olympos, a breathtaking place. Don't miss that! You might wanna consider Bodrum, because, well, it's beautiful and fun -not saying because my family lives-

Consider Hotel Maki & Nur Hotel in Kas
Manastir Hotel in Bodrum

I will get more details about these places for, just now I have food on the stove.
Catch you later
:) Su

by Joni20

I'm sorry but I would have to disagree with the advice on the Manistir Hotel in Bodrum, I stayed there in June 05 and found our room to be very basic, the food was very repetitive and it was up a VERY steep hill. Check out my travel page for more on it. Although I would recommend Bodrum as it a fantastic and beautiful place with lovely people... :)

Best of luck to you for the 'big question'! Sounds like she's a lucky girl and you have chosen the right place to do it!! :)

by purplekedi

Well, it is up hill. That just went off my mind because I remember the wonderful view. It's dissapointing about the food though, while I was there it was pretty much an upscale small hotel. I wonder what happened to them.bg

Good to know! I definitely aggree regarding Bodrum :)

Su

by EverySpyaPrince

I want to thank you all for taking the time and sharing your advice with me.
You are all the 'TOPS'

I can not thank you all enough.
Misha

I hope you all see this!!!
I'm still learning how to use this sight.

by Joni20

Oh yes, the view from the pool area in the Manastir is really gorgeous but I think I would prefer not to be on such a hill and have to pay for taxis every night!! It was the best view ever tho.:)

Can I also suggest the Marina Yaucht

by Joni20

Whoops, pressed the wrong button!! LOL

Was gonna suggest the Marina Yacht Club and upstairs restaurant, very nice indeed. :)

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

hmmmm , for "big question" i would higly recommend Hillside-Fethiye; If we talk about a romantic holiday in Turkey,Hillside Club is the one place that comes to my mind.Its a favorite resort hotel especially for honeymooners !

Travel Tips for Antalya

Termessus! the only city Alexander never captured

by budapest8

Alexander did not, however, take the city. Alexander's purpose in the region was at an end; the isolated mountain strongpoint was of no use to the Persian navy, nor were its warlike people likely to chose a side other than their own. To go east and face Darius Alexander had to turn north, and time was critical. His decision was helped by the arrival of a friendly delegation from Selge, the sworn enemies of the Termessians. With garrisons in Pamphylia and new friends in Selge, Alexander could safely resume his course. At Sagalassus his army clashed with locals?also Pisidians?and came out victorious.

Alexander's "failure" to take Termessus has achieved something like mythic status among modern-day guides and guidebooks. The story also generally includes the idea that Termessus was the only city Alexander never captured. This statement is manifestly false?not a page before Arrian describes Alexander as "unable to take" (?dun?th? labein) Syllium, another inland fort, without siege equipment

The Lower Duden Waterfalls.

by navaros

Antalya area is blessed with waterfalls. 12 to be exact. The closer one to the city is the lower Dudan. "Lower" because in is the lower spote of the stream which runs from the mountains. They are located 12 km from the city,on the way to Lara Beach . The water falls straight into the sea. The nearby area offers an excellent view of the falls, and the cliffs.

Hierapolis & Pamukkale

by Leipzig

Hierapolis is the modern Pamukkale which name means "Sacred City" because of the large number of temples it contained. It is located less then 100 miles away from Antalya. A lot of travel agencies offer bus tours to this place.
I think Pamukkale is too crowded by tourists and does not reall worth a visit but Hierapolis itself does!

here it's my silhouette stands so close to histor

by songuldogan

look at this picture which is being an evidence to a relation between me and history.I'm standing in front of the three gates 14 meter's high, built in 130 AD,constructed by the Romans in honor of a visit by Emperor Hadrian and ýt's a honor for me to visit here in 20th century.

Comments