Kervansaray Kundu Hotel

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Kemeragzi Tursitik Tesis, Alani Lara, Antalya, Turkish Mediterranean Coast, 07230, Turkey
Kervansaray Hotel Kundu
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 108% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Kervansaray Kundu Hotel

Not That Good

by TripAdvisor Member artyUk

I have just returned from the Kervansaray Kundu Hotel, which we had booked through Thomas Cooke last year with one other family. Because the British are in the minority in this region, we end up getting pretty appalling flight times (from Gatwick) 2200 outward bound and 0445 inward bound. The hotel lobby seems very sparse for the size of it. We had a bell boy take our luggage upto our room for us and that was my first big disappointment. We tipped him in Turkish Lira and he asked for English pounds. We booked an adjoining room for our two children aged 10 and 11 and all we got was one room with two single beds put to one side for them. The other family had one child and upgraded to our room size for an extra 100 pounds + They would have been better of keeping what they had and had a pool side view with a room as big as they were staying in. Both our rooms looked out onto the main road with no views what so ever. The beds are made every morning with the blankets being made into swans and flower shapes, but for the whole two weeks they were never cleaned, apart from the bathroom. The food was served up in a canteen like atmosphere. If your not to fussy, we all thought the food was very good but could be a little repetitive. The hotel was full of Russians and Germans who were rude to just about everyone they spoke too. Two of the waiters remarked how polite the British were compared to everyone else. There seemed to be quite a few same sex families (the best way i could put it) around, who aren't shy of showing their effections to each other around the pool. My 11 year old would not stop talking about it. The hotel is definetly not a 5* more like 4* although you could not fault the cleaneness of the whole site. The entertainment was dire, both during the day and in the evening depending on your IQ. All the waiters we met were polite and friendly, if you did get one which seemed a bit bulshy it was probably because he/she had a run in with a Russian or German. The swimming pool is so big you did not need to get up at 5 in the morning to put your towles out as there is enough space for everyone. On the day of departure we had to be clear of our rooms by 12 mid day which was a pain as our flight was not for another 17 hours. We had to pay an extra 60 euros to keep the room until 10pm, then we had to sit in the lobby for nearly 5 hours until our coach arrived. Don't take it as all doom and gloom. All in all we had 2 weeks of good sun and good food and did nothing but laze around the pool. The kids teamed up with other British kids and made some good friends. Would i come back to this hotel? Not yet, in a couple of years maybe. Quick tip - Even though you are in Turkey, they like to deal in either the Euro or the Dollar nobody wanted our lira.

Absolutely Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Likklemiss29

My week at Kervansary Kundu was fantastic and this was my first visit to Turkey. The food, hotel, staff - all brilliant. The pics that are on the net are exactly what you get. But a lot better in real life. The beach is a stones throw away from the resort and it is beautiful. There were lots of activities to take part in throughout the day so there was always something to do, volley ball, water gym, darts, aerobics, yoga, water slides etc etc, so we were never bored.
There are water sports as well like para gliding, jet skiing, banana boat, but you have to pay for these. And whilst i'm on the topic, it's pointless buying Turkish Lira to spend, because everything out there is priced in Euro or Dollars!
The evening entertainment was really good and they also had a mini disco for the kids every evening which was also very good. And the daytime mini club was excellent. They had many activities which included face painting, t-shirt designing, games and horseriding.
The food was fantastic and the service we recieved from the waiters was 1st class (even though we never tipped them once!).
I am already planning to go back there before the end of this year!

go with an open mind

by TripAdvisor Member sheilaCumbria

We were really concerned about this holiday after reading the reviews on this site,so much so that we rang Thomas Cook to see if we should change it ,as we had stayed at the Xanadu at Belek last year and that was exceptional.However this year we were taking our daughter (34) and our grandson (15) so we were attracted by the slides and water sports.
We were determined to enjoy ourselves whatever and went with an open mind.We were not dissapointed.The hotel is minimalistic but very clean with fresh linen every day.The food is plentiful and quite varied with every taste catered for and special Turkish food available at all times.During the day there was Pide ,(fresh Turkish Pizza) ,hot dogs,burgers and other snacks at various times.My Grandson is diabetic and the availability of food was excellent.If you want full english breakfasts then stay in England!The Omlettes were superb and cereals,fruit,breads,cheeses and pancakes were plentiful.However fresh orange juice is chargeable as is anything ordered on room service,so watch out for this.
The Turkish night is great and the chefs make a torchllit parade with special ice cream gateaux.The staff are lovely if you make and if you make an effort to learn a few words of Turkish then you will get an excellent response.We tried to learn a new word every day and the staff loved it and were eager to help.There were few English people there but others of every nationality but everyone had a common aim to enjoy themselves with their families and we met some lovely people.The Animation team were excellent and their energy was amazing.They provided something to do for everyone with a superb Mini Club. There is water polo,shooting,darts,boules,pool games,salsa dancing and turkish lessons,mock olympics and lots more.All watersports which are motor powered are chargeable but thereare canoes and pedaloesThe dancing at the beach party was fabulous and Mr Ali and the whole team were wonderful.
Barbara in the piano bar is really good and provides a relaxing atmosphere .
Smoking is still allowed in public over there and this does linger throughout the hotel but this is the same in Turkey wherever you go.(we have been going to Turkey for about 15 years now) so its a case of tolerating it if you are a non smoker.
The pools are brilliant but there is a need for more supervision on the slides ....my husband still can't' walk properly after crashing into a girl who decided to play'chicken' at the bottom.There is not much outside the hotel but a Dolmus into Antalya is only 1.5 tl.There is a local market there but dont go to Migros 'market' unless you want designer/Trafford centre type shopping.The rafting trip is brilliant if a little disorganised and is half the price if you book it outside the hotel.All in all the hotel is more 4star than 5star but then again is not as expensive as the real super 5 star ones and we feel that we got good value for money. go with an open mind and join in!

not a 5*

by TripAdvisor Member EnglandBobthebuilder

We arrived early in the morning and there were people there who took our suitcases. The reception staff were very rude and boring. The animation staff grabbed you off your sunbed to play their games, this is not right. Towards the end of the holiday we noticed they turned the slides off half an hour early as they were not getting enough people to do their poll game. 5* no. in dinner there was a no smoking area however people still smoked in their. Once there was an animation member who was sat with a big group that were smoking and he didnt say anything. Most of all the staff are rude and boring. However you cannot say that the hotel is dirty. They are cleaning it nearly all the time day in and out. The rooms were very clean!!

Good value you get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member tricky65

Having read the varied reviews for this hotel and having stayed in a number of 5* AI Hotels in the area in previous years, I was obviously concerned as to what we would find. I am pleased to say that my wife and our daughter 12 had a great relaxing two week holiday. Lets face it you get what you pay for and this hotel was cheaper than other 5* and has been designed in a much more simplistic, non themed way. In comparsion to other hotels such as Delphin and Topkapi I would rate it as 4* but stil good value for money. To those who have not stayed in this part of Turkey before the facts are these, the British are in the minority in the resort with Russians and other Eastern Eurpoean guests in the accounting for approx 60%. All the hotels cater for a cosmopolitan clientelle hence no english breakfasts or roasts on a Sunday. However the food was excellent with plenty of choice, the three a la l carte restaurants make a pleasant change with a limited menu but the added pleasure of waiter service. Depite being full the hotel has a relaxed feel is spotlessly clean with sunbeds avaialble throughout the day.I have seen negative comments about the maid service but could not fault ours who if you used the please do not disturb sign provided, did not just walk in the room. The Animation team worked hard during the day however as with all the hotels I have stayed in Turkey their evening entertainment shows were not great and suffer from having to appeal to such a diverse audience. My one major criticism would be limited night time entertainment, Barbara in the Piano Bar was good but other than her there was liitle else to do. Considering its age the hotel does look a little worn with marks on carpets and white walls and this does make for a great first impression when you arrive in the middle of the night. However I thiink this partly down to the open plan hotel with nealy everywhere has been painted white or cream.We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and providing you base your expectations on the price you paid in comparison to other 5* hotels I would hope you will have as good a time as we did.

Common Hotel, not a 5 * but not the worst either

by TripAdvisor Member Blueblondy

I read all the reviews about this hotel, and I am sorry to say it but some people have exagerated with the critics, and bad things said about this hotel. It is true it is a 5* Hotel and the services offered are not for a 5* hotel, but it is not the worst either. I have passed the small problems I had (for ex the seif in the room was not working, the waiters were always busy serving just the people giving tips) and tried to enjoy the holiday. It was a little bit boring I have to admit that, there was nothing to do except taking baths in the sea and swimming pool, eat and staying in the sun. But hey, that was the reason I went to Turkey in the first place, to enjoy the hot weather, the magnificent sea - sea is just wonderfull very salty and warm, and relax on the beach. I had a nice relaxing time, the food was good, no complaints on food, there was no hair in my dishes. The room was also cleaned every day, and mini bar refreshed also on daily basis. So, people, Iet me give you a piece of advice: You may try it, is not as bad as the rest of the people here are saying.

by TripAdvisor Member BroadwayLuton

After reading the reviews i was slightly dubious, however, being a travel agent myself I was prepared to go with an open mind and make my own opinion of the place.

The hotel is lovely and clean, the food is plentiful, the complex is set out perfectly and the kids entertainment was great.

With regards to the food, there is a mixture of dishes and you will always find rice and chips/potatoes as you would have with any meal, anywhere. The salad was always fresh, as was the bread and they evening meal always has something being bar-b-q'd.

The only thing they could do is replace the beach/pool towels. They were all quite threadbare and some had holes but who cares, they are to use round the pool and they are fresh and clean everyday. The room towels were fine.

Also the last day our lovely quilts were replaced with thin and crispy blankets which werent so comfy!

I wouldnt rate it as a 5 star for these reasons but would say that it is a high 4 star.

Had a great time!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mvirginiamd

We stay at the hotel the first week of June, before traveling we were a bit worried about the peoples reviews but it was all wrong we had a great time.
The hotel was fully booked and still it was all looking great. there was always people cleaning everywhere. The lady of the room service was really nice and helpful, the waiters at the restaurant too. The food was good many options at breakfast and dinner too.
The animation team was good my husband was always playing water polo I love the water slides.
My daughter 1 1/2 love the kids show at night she was dancing and waiting for it all day. We did the turkish bath which was great really relaxing did it on the first day so got a nice tan.
We should have stayed 2 weeks!!!!
The first day we were left without place near the pool you better wake up early to book your place.

Wish you a nice holiday.

NOT AN ENGLISH HOTEL OR RESORT!

by TripAdvisor Member Tworthy

THIS IS A TRUTHFUL REPORT, NO LIES! I PROMISE!

We have just returned from a 2 week all inclusive holiday in this hotel, we had a good time, but there were a few problems.

Firstly, I wouldn't by any means say that its a 5* hotel, not by English Standards anyway! That was after being dropped off by the coach, no rep or anything, just told that our welcome meeting would be at 14.30 the following day.

Upon entering our room, there weren't enough beds, the air conditioner didn't work (which is funny when its 43 degrees outside) and in the morning when we pulled back the curtains the patio door was smashed. Give the hotel manager his due, he moved us straight away.

The hotel itself is very clean and the food is lovely, although they don't cater much for the English, you will find something to eat no problem, they have everything.

The hotel we found was OK, but during the day things can get a bit boring as theres nothing much to do, and as for nights, its worse. The kids mini disco, is mini! half an hour each night, same music, in the same order, after two weeks as you can image, BORING!!!!

As there is only two resturants available and there are only 2 bars, theres nothing more to do then sit around and have a beer, providing that you don't mind waiting until all the Germans and Russians have been served before you!!!

The sun beds are a serious joke! Whilst the restuarant is serious about not letting people in with swim wear on, why can't they be like that about the sun beds. Unless we were up at 05.30 every morning, we were unable to get a sun loungers or an umbrella! So every morning, we would match the Germans and Russian and would be running along side them with our towels to ensure that we also had a place to lie during the day.

The holiday itself was ok, boring during the second week, there not many English in the resort, let alone this hotel. I think if they had more to do during the evening it would be better.

All in all ok holiday but wouldn't go back to this hotel, would try either the Concorde or the Royal Wings with is next door

KUNDU great for chill out week

by TripAdvisor Member spice62

Firstly like most people, having read previous reviews I was more than a little worried. My husband and myself decided we needed a week in the sun to just chill out and do nothing, the Kundu gave us just that. I found all staff to be very helpful and friendly, loved the way the maids arranged the top sheet into various shapes throughout the week, even had flowers on bed one day. And view from room is to die for, no need to go onto balcony just sit on the king sized bed,open the curtains and the perspex glass lets you see it all.

Food was in my opinion excellant ,plenty of choice, somthing for everyone. If you must have bacon, sausage and beans for breakfast stay in England.

We had no problems getting a sun bed or parasol at any time, yes you might have to look around the pool area but there always seem to be plently around.

Cleaning staff never seem to stop working, always doing somthing around hotel at all times of day and night. I agree with previous reports that a 2 week stay could prove to be a little boring because their is not a lot to do, although I thought the amination team worked really hard. But we chose this holiday for a chill out week in the Sun and thats what we had.

One thing I would suggest is, if like me you must have a coffee first thing in the morning take a travel kettle with you, as rooms do not have tea/coffee making facilitys. All in all if you want great value for money for all inclusive thats what the Kundu offer, after all you only get what you pay for.

hands on hipshands on hips

Colonnades Around The AgoraColonnades Around The Agora

Ancient pillarAncient pillar

Down at OlympusDown at Olympus

How to tour antalya?and many other questions

by mickshe

Hi everybody,i am going to antalya in november and i was wondering if they have this hop on-hop off tour bus like in london?its an open bus and you can tour all around london for a very cheap price and within that tour you can hop off wherever tourist spot you want to stay longer and hop on again in the bus for more to see other locations, the trip is good for one day, i am thinking if antalya have something like this..because i think this is a very smart way to see and decide where to explore more your trip since i am staying in antalya for just one week...any advice what tour is the best to join in antalya if they dont have this hop on-hop off open bus?and also i am planning to stay at acropol beach hotel, what can you say about this hotel and how far is it from the airport?do you think its okay to take a cab from airport to hotel?is it expensive?Where is it good to change money?, airport or banks?i have read one advice about how to keep your money while in turkey,,she said i have to deposit it first in the bank and leaving it in the hotel safety deposit box is not safe?is this true?..need your advice....thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to tour antalya?and many other questions

by sibsib

hello,,
i am not living at antalya,,but i have been there many times,,i am turkish,,november is good time to come over i guess u will love the climate,,most probably u can go swiming ,,well if u r lucky enough!!u wont be seeing tour buses,,but u will have mini buses goes everywhere,with very small money!!if u can write hotels location maybe i can tell u??it is big city,,large location for summer hollidays!!u should keep your money in your pocket or use credit card,,its like everywhere in world ,,bad guys and good guys so dont trust strangers !!!but as a nation we love hospitality we love ofering dinner or lunch??i hope u have good time
sibel

Re: Re: How to tour antalya?and many other questions

by MalenaN

I don't know where the Acropol Beach Hotel is but between Kalice (the old town) and the museum in Antalya you can take the tram and it is only 700 000 TL.

About the money I always used the ATM machines while I was in Turkey, to withdraw cash. You will find them everywhere and I think you will get the best rate that way and you will not be carrying around too much cash.

Have a nice holiday!

Re: Re: How to tour antalya?and many other questions

by mickshe

hello again..thanks all for your reply.i hope to enjoy my stay in antalya.

Re: How to tour antalya?and many other questions

by cemozbilge

hi,

i am a travel agent in antalya but i dont know acropol beach hotel and i could not find it in hotel guide.if u tell me how u find it i can find and give u information.

there is not hip on-hip off bus in antalya like london.(there is in istanbul)

to change money i suggest banks or exchange offices.not airport.

to be carefull is always good in every cities of the world,also in antalya.

u can reach me everytime from my e-mail for any more information;cem.ozbilge@cedrustravel.com

Comments