Lara, Antalya, Turkish Mediterranean Coast, 07230, Turkey

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 39% more and rated 12% lower than other 5 star hotels

• This hotel should be only a 4*

The hotel on arrival seemed ok but very dark. The room was very spacious but the decor was not crisp as it should have been. One of the large mirrors was cracked and had an hole in it? This was reported and the crack and hole had cellotape put over it??? The safe was not working and was not sorted until late the following day. The fridge was stocked daily and the room was cleaned.

The meals were ok. The choice at the buffet was good and the al a carte resturaunts were nice. Although the booking for the resturaunts was a pain. The waiters also tried to take your plates away even though you had not finished.

We took 2 children aged 10 and 6 and there was nothing for them to do...the brochure said it was family friendly which was untrue. The driving school for kids wasn't working, the ten pin bowling had broken. The rest of the activities were timed, ie the few rides they had were open for 1 hour a day. The water chutes were running twice a day for roughly 30 mins each time. The games room has 2 pool tables and 2 table tennis tables for a hotel of 585 rooms.

The animation team (entertainment), were annoying and pestered you. The evening entertainment wasn't up to much but was bearable. Each bar must have had only 1 cd for music and had it on repeat. It got a little tedious after a week.

Throughout the hotel there was glass cracked and was not being repaired. The lobby and was impressive visually as were the rooms but the finish wasn't perfect.

A lot of the staff were ignorant and unfriendly. Although a few did seem nice and were talkative. The reception staff were like robots and never smiled. When we checked out they just took the door cards and towel cards and walked off. There was no asking if we enjoyed the stay or even a thank you.

There was 2 football pitches which we were not allowed to use and the crazy golf no one new where the putters and balls were. The rest of the sports activities were only available at certain times.

This hotel would be ok for couples or singles but definately not for families. Overall the hotel was average but for the cost it was a rip off. The other hotels in the area seemed a lot better.

Unique Quality: None

More about Kervansaray Lara Hotel

The best holiday everrr

by TripAdvisor Member sarabaybee

i have just got back from my two week stay in kervansaray lara hotel and i do not have a bad word to say about it. the service was amazing and everyone who worked there made us feel really welcome. there was lots of different activities on for people of all ages and they also had a show on every night done by the entertainment team which was amazing. the entertainment were the best people i have ever met. the food was also great and there was plenty of things to choose from. there were many pools and bars to take your pick from which was really nice as you did not always have to sit at the same place although i enjoyed that. i would recommend this hotel to people of any age and i cannot wait to go back!!!

Dark,dismal and closed......

by TripAdvisor Member MARCOSUNDERLAND

Just returned from a 2 week stay at Kervansary lara beach, We arrived early hours in the morning to find a dark and not a very nice welcoming,holiday feeling.5* not. Not even any facilities in your room to make a hot drink.Next day as we walked around the complex it came quite obvious that nothing outside seemed to be up and running.With having an 11year old with us ther was nothing for him to.As for the whole entertainment schedele well that was a joke,not for any age group.This hotel seemed to be about 6 weeks behind all the others my son was bored silly the first week we had to ask for the water slides to be switched on.This hotel the first week was just a big convention hotel with people in suits,high heels and make up certainly no holiday atomsphere at all.Some of the staff were nice eg.the few entertainment staff they had.Staff were still doing alterations to the outside facilities.There was only 1 of the al a carte resturants open the first week.The main lobby bar was the same singer every nite for the 2 weeks same songs in same order.Would not recomend going this time of year to any age group.The second week was a bit more of a holiday with a few more families arriving,but no snacks or ice-creams for kids.When we were there there was a few people had accidents due to the bad lighting in the hotel.Ther was a nite-club in the basement but the smell was really bad in the toilet area.Was no bars or resturants outside the complex so no option of giong elsewhere to eat or drink.would we go back?That would be a definate NO.

You Get What You Pay For...& More !!!

by TripAdvisor Member Webby88

It's funny as before going to the Kervansary, Lara Beach I read some indifferent reviews and I was a little worried. I suppose I can answer the slightly negative reviews like this; "If you spend £300-£450 on a 5* all inclusive mid-haul holiday, there will always be fine details you are not happy with". I can catagorically say that £ for £ this was the best value holiday I have ever been on. To criticise the small inadequacies is simply unjust unless you have been sold this holiday for £500-£700 in which case you are the mug for not shopping around !!

The rooms are lovely, spacious, air conditioned, modern and very, very clean with a nice balcony.

The food is also very good. You have the standard AI buffet which includes all of youe expected salads, cheeses, potato dishes and different hot dishes every day for breakfast, lunch & dinner. For breakfast & dinner the outside BBQ/Grill is also open and I have some of the best breakfasts I have ever had there. There are 3 A La Carte restaurants which are nicely decorated and the food is presented very well, alas we didn't enjoy as much as the outside grill, but we only went to the latin one and the far east one before we gave up - there is also a meditteranian one. In the afternoon the airy beach bar serves a nich hot & cold buffet also. We did not order room service, there is a charge !!

The bars are very nice and the lighting is alternative to say the least :-). All drinks are free (inc cocktails!) and there are always plenty of bar staff and waitresses who will do table service.

The layout of the hotel takes some getting used to. It revolves around a huge lobby some 200m long by 30 ft high and is lit only with multi-coloured flourescent lighting. The building tries to be contemparary and is vertually all made of glass...yes glass!!

The pools are nice but cold & shallow. There is one long pool for swimming, one wave pool and one pool for water slides and general dipping ! There is an outside bar here.

The facilities for kids were excellent !! We didn't have kids but the Entertainment team looked after upto 30 at a time and did all sorts of activities with them - I have never seen children looked after so well in any resort I have stayed at before.

Lots of Russians & Germans, not a bad thing as they were more friendly than the British "Chav" families.

Alas, the Entertainment Team ceased to be any use right there... they are annoying, constantly pretending they are everybodies friend, only the "Chav" families fell for this and got involved with their darts (yes darts!!) tournaments and other silly activities. It was hillarious to think of as many different ways to tell them to go away with a smile on your face - a sport in itself !!

Overall a fantastic holiday with lovely weather. For £370 each, which is what we paid for 1 week in May, it is exceptional value.

Do not stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member Diana14

We travelled as a party of 10 which included 4 children aged 7 - 14. We booked through yourholidays.com online and it was a Thomas Cook holiday. This hotel was advertised as truly 5 star and very luxurious. Nothing could have been further from the truth. As we drove up the first impression of the hotel was it looked like an office building. The huge, thoughtlessly designed lobby confirmed this, giving the impression of a cold, soulless work place. All the paint work was peeling and there was nobody to greet us or take our bags in - the Thomas cook rep dumped us and ran to 'her other hotel'. We were not directed to the correct lift for our room so, consequently, we had a long, hot walk (no air conditioning in 100 degrees f!) around the entire hotel to find our room. When we opened the door and were confronted with 2, hard little narrow beds (for a family of 3), my husband's first thought was 'hostel' because that's what it resembled - a student hostel. There must have been some mistake, how could this be categorised as 5 star? We called reception to say we would need a family room with a double bed and a single bed (as booked) and they said 'no more room, can't change'. Not only was the room inappropriate for a family but it was also dirty. We went down to reception and asked to see our rep (we waited an hour). Then began the long difficult process of changing hotels (which is the subject of our legal action).

Other guests in the hotel were very unhappy but felt unable to do anything about it. A guest had broken her kneecap in the dangerous pool because 'the slide ended in water that was too shallow'. Some of our party tried to get some food whilst we were trying to move hotels and they said there was not much to choose from. The staff were unfriendly and rude, perhaps due to a lack of English speakers. We spoke to many guests during the 8 hours that we were trying to be relocated and not one had a good word to say about this hotel.

Eventually we paid a lot more money and moved to a truly 5 star resort - Gloria Golf Resort in Balek. It is inconveiveable that Gloria Golf and Kervansaray should have the same 5 star rating, they are worlds apart. Kervansaray is being missold totally fraudulently as it is actually more like a 2 or, at most 3 star hotel. Badly designed, hastily put together, trying to be modern but not succeeding, simply looking sparse and poorly finished. Do not go there and definitely do not take children there - If nothing else, I would certainly be concerned about that pool.

1001 nightmares

by TripAdvisor Member benmunchen

We have spend 1 weeks in KervansarayLara hotel. The hotel is nice but the service is incredible bad.
The personal is not at all polite and, in a 5 star hotel, this is only one language spoken by some of there. The food presentations are very poor and in mini-bar we're not found anything. Also is the service at the pool.
For this raisons, some of the travel angecy's are not represented here. We don't find another raison way Bentour Germany has'nt here a person of contact. Even if we book 2 tickets from this agency, nobody is here to wait you at the airport or at the hotel and to help you.
So, if you like extreme sports, try it at KervansarayLara hotel, but with another agency that Bentour.

Really Enjoyable Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JF30

I have just returned from a weeks long stay at the Kervansary hotel in Lara Beach and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I admit that myself and my friend were slightly concerned with previous reviews and were a bit anxious when we arrived. True, the night lighting within the hotel is dark, but I found this atmospheric and I expected this anyway, due to previous comments and photographs. We checked in and Reception made sure someone came down and carried our cases to our rooms, stating what floor and number we were. The room was spacious and clean, and I particularly liked the way the Maids did the bed sheets into shapes! The last evening we were due to stay there, we came in and found rose petals sprinkled on the bed!!! I found the staff extremeley friendly and I got the impression that they liked English customers and want to expand their clientale of the UK. The pool(s) and beach were great, and we never had a problem getting sun loungers and never found the areas overcrowded. Same with the buffet areas. True, at dinner, I was actually nearly pushed over by someone trying to grab the spoon to fork food on their plate: - it's not going to run out!
The Entertainment in the evening could have been better, but I did like watching the plays/sketches the staff performed.
The only negative comment I will say is that the majority of the people there, were german and russian. I heard the way some people spoke to the staff, and I was a bit shocked at the rudeness! Everytime I said 'please or thank you', the staff looked shocked! Especially the bar tenders. I have nothing against different nationalities, but this, couple with the whole pushing at dinner and being quite rude, made me a little annoyed.
All in all it was a great holiday - the staff spoke and understood enough English for us to communicate and I would definatley go again and recommend the hotel to family and friends.

Fantastic, relaxing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member victoria240

Was starting to worry after I read some of the other reviews and have never been on this sort of holiday before. The hotel exceeded all my expectations. Staff were fantastic, although the waiting staff spoke more english than the reception staff. Truly great food. I thought it was great value for money. Wouldnt say it was an english 5 star but it didnt matter at all.

Dark and Unfriendly

by TripAdvisor Member gef_dal

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights (weekend). We were two families with young children (4 and 1). from the moment we arrived the reception staff were cold and unfriendly. Although we asked in advance for 2 baby cots, they prepared a normal bed and it took them more than 2 hours to replace them with the cot.
They said they had children's activities but the mini luna park - which was very nice - was only opened for 1 hour a day - between 17-18, and the mini club was closed at 17:00....
there were no snacks for children in the afternoon, not even fruits and the food was not so good (how many times can you eat turkey a day...) The children's pool was not children freindly since they could not enter it by themsleves. The bathroom was so dark I could not see properly the children and the bath was saped in an awfull way you had to sit inside to bath the children.
The last thing was on the last night we got a message at 22:00 that our flight the next day was at 8:00 am instead of at noon so we asked for packed breakfast for the kids and the receptionist would not order anything for us since it was past 21:00....
All in all not a good experience with hotel staff!!!!! NOT recomended when travelling with young children....

dont go there

by TripAdvisor Member yoyo12

i have been in 5 hotels in turkey, this one was the worst of them, the only good thing about the hotel was the lighting system, the food was terrible, service was terrible.
there us allot of good hotels in turkey dont go to this one.

Taxi

by Liam9694

Have plans to stay at Hotel Kervansaray in a couple of weeks.
Can you tell me how much the taxi fare is from the airport to Lara?
Is there a cheaper way to get there, by public transportation?

RE: Taxi

by Gokcecicek

Hi,

You can call Havas shuttle services: http://www.havas.net/en/otobus_antalya.asp or ask your hotel to pick you from the airport which they can.

Best,