LykiaWorld & LinksGolf Antalya

Koprucay Mevkii, Denizyaka Koyu, Antalya, 31, Turkey
Otel.com AMOMA.com

More about LykiaWorld & LinksGolf Antalya

Agree with the other reviews

by TripAdvisor Member UKUSTraveller

This hotel only opened in the summer so naturally before going I read what everyone had to say about it and they were spot on.

The good:

The rooms - lovely, big, nice decor (note given that the bathrooms are see-through and open I wouldn't share a room with someone who I wasn't intimate with!) comfortable beds and a well stocked mini bar.

The food - amazing variety of food, fresh salads,cheese everything you could want although it does get a little boring after a few days. Also we weren't able to book into a restaurant as they were always booked up.

The facilities - if you can find everything here then generally (aside from the spa) the facilities are great. The beach people complained about, it isnt perfect white sand but its large and quiet and I had no problems with it.

The bad:

Signing - the sign posting in the hotel is terrible. Nothing is very close to anything else and you find facilities by just stumbling on them. It really is like a maze.

The SPA - i thought it was one of the worst spas i have been too. I had a massage and seperately a pedicure. Both a waste of money, very expensive for what they were, poor facilities (although the spa itself is nicely done I wasn't impressed with the rooms or attention to detail) and badly trained staff - i shouldnt have bothered. After my pedicure i asked for slippers to walk back to my room (about 10 minutes from the spa) as my nails were still wet. I was told no and ended up walking on dirty floors all the way back. Also we found out that the steam room only opens at 4 pm each day!

Location - this is not the place to be if you want to "see" Turkey. It really is in the middle of nowwhere (down a bad road)and the excursions just take you to very expensive boring tourist markets.

Safety: I would be very cautious about bringing a young child here. None of the pools are blocked off or the sea entrance at all even at night. No life guards, no signs indicating depth of water etc...and things like slippery bathroom floors in the rooms.

Conclusion: perfect hotel for couples looking for a decent all inclusive short get away but im not sure it would suit those looking for a bit more excitement or those who want a longer period away.

Mixed thoughts on the new Lykia hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jik

After 8 holidays to LW Ölu Deniz, I decided to try out their new resort. It is in a lonely spot but plus side-a 3km long beach to yourself and amazingly quiet.The sea looks a bit murky but the beach was clean.The hotel is very modern-more boutique chic than club atmosphere.A good choice of beautiful, stylish rooms with comfortable beds. Some areas are too cold and empty (like an underground car park) whilst others-fantastic gardens and pools and the inner courtyard are so well designed.The main restaurant is not very cosy but they now have outdoor dining. We ate in the Turkish restaurant-ok but little atmosphere. the food doesn't match up to ÖD.It was very repetitive and often too oily.Staff were super friendly and as we were only 80 guests, we were treated like royalty! Evening shows were only 30 mins of dancing but this will change when the hotel is complete and fuller. Apropos-The golf course isn't ready and work hadn't even started on the children's paradise. I would only consider returning from spring 2010, so as to be sure every thing's up and running.The spa was good but pricy.The hotel doesn't provide enough information for new guests. We spoke to the owner and they're aiming at families and golfers. Hope it works out!

Fabluous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stalbans48

Family of 4 with two boys aged 9 and 5. Travelled August 2008 for 2 weeks. The hotel was in its first season and not completely finished (grounds only). Negative was the distance from anywhere...it was about 1-1.5hrs from Antalya and half and hour down a dirt track. Waterpark was not open. Also very little in the way of watersports and no diving which we had assumed would be there as the majority of hotels in Turkey do it.

Having said that, the hotel was gorgeous. We had a family room which was really palatial, beautifully decorated and huge. Two rooms each with fabulous bathroom and living space. Long walk to the restaurant though!

Food was typical all inclusive. Sometimes great and sometimes awful...greasy. Staff welcoming and there were not too many people there so no fighting for sun beds.

Beach was beautiful.

Best kids club ever and my kids never wanted to come out!

Overall I would put this as a 8 or 9 on 10. Great if you don't mind being stuck in the hotel doing nothing for 2 weeks!

Should not be open

by TripAdvisor Member DoncasterDonny

We went on a golfing hoiday to this hotel . The hotel was not fully open only the golf reception no restaraunts only the golf club house were smoking was allowed, the food was terrible and it was the same lunch and evening except for one evening when they had an eastern night. When it rained water was coming in through the windows and running down the stair wells The golf course should not have been open we were told after we played that there had been a sand storm and it had covered half of the golf course with sand The beach was none existent as it was all on the golf course So we went to a hotel that wasnt open to play a golf coures that should not have been open

Needs to work harder - not yet ready

by TripAdvisor Member idle

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend in July 2008. It had opened a few months earlier and the hotel wasn’t quite ready to be opened at the time. Nobody bothered to tell us the golf facilities were not open yet and we only found out upon arrival at the hotel. Even if I could live with this (although I had been hoping to take some lessons while out there) I cannot imagine actually going there with the intention of taking advantage of the golf course and find out that I couldn’t. It is unacceptable that we weren’t informed about this. Also,the beach was a mess, it hadn’t been properly cleaned up and they didn’t even have a lifeguard, the landscaping work was stil going on all around the resort. At least the staff was polite and friendly. The nightly shows in the theatre were quite professional and entertaining. The hotel has several pools and it was nice to be able to escape to a quieter area when it got too loud in one pool area.

The first room we were given was rather small and but had the tiniest, sad window overlooking the main pool area and the beach (though it was hard to see anything, it was so small). It was way too dark so I asked them to change it. Since I had already thrown a fit about not being told about the golf course being closed, they gave us a bigger room probably to avoid more confrontation. This room had the view of the golf area and partial sea view. Except for the annoying noise of a generator below it was spacious and had a nice balcony. But as mentioned in another review the bathroom in this room provided very little privacy. The room, the pools and the spa were nice and clean.

Another incident worth mentioning was our transfer to the airport. We asked for the hotel to arrange a car to take us to the airport and after check-out we were greeted by this guy in shorts, who thought it was ok to take us to the airport in his dirty, tiny car for €50. There were old newspapers and rubbish on the flor and the seats. When I wanted to know if this was the usual car for transfers I found out that of course it wasn’t. We took a taxi instead. The hotel should take better care of such services, it was disgrace and unfortunately the last memory I have of the place.

up to date comments on lykia world links

by TripAdvisor Member tctvlexpert

On arriving at the hotel the road is still gravel track,was advised it should be tarmacd by june.Dont let this put you off.
We had a family room which had a sea view and golf view.The room was very clean,bed linen changed daily,mini bar filled daily water,beer and juice.
State of the art bathroom with toiletries included,bathrobes and slippers.
The grounds are lovely but will take a couple of years for the plants to be at their best.
Pools numerous,no probelm getting a sunbed here.
Food-buffet resteraunt superb great variety fish,meat pasta salad etc
The buffet also has a baby section and a kids section .
Ate in the Italian a la carte 5 course superb also did the turkish a la carte very good.
Paid to eat in the Golf steak house we were the only couple in it had tea bone steak 16 euros and chicken ceasar salad 5 euros gorgous, wine very expensive though cheapest was 25 euros.
Snack bar during the day was very good too.
Staff in the hotel could not do enough for you great service.
The hotel has a few shops.This accom is not for anyone who likes to go out and about,it is very remote and ideal for a chill out week.

Fantastic food, great facilities

by TripAdvisor Member Phil816

I can't really add much to the previous reviewer as I pretty much agree with all that is said there.

The food was superb, although the house wine would probably be better employed to clean tables and floors with! We tried the red, white and rose during our time there, and all three were pretty awful. At least they were part of the all inlusive, but if you wanted to buy any better wine I think it started at 25 Euros and upwards a bottle.

The room was spacious with a king sized bed and toiletries were provided along with bath robes and slippers. As previous reviewers have said, the coke, beer, water and juice in the mini bar is free of charge.

In common with most five star hotels around the world, if you do choose to buy anything the price is at a premium. We went to look at the massage suite (part of which is free to use - Japanese pool, sauna, steam room etc.) and after being given a guided tour they tried to pursuade us into having a couple of hours of massage and other treatments each for a grand total of 311 Euros - we politely declined.

There are two a la carte restaurants that you can use as part of the package, one Italian and one Turkish. We were only there for four days and tried to use one on the evening of the second day only to discover that you have to book on the morning of the day before. Therefore we only got the chance to sample one on our last night, so we plumped for the Turkish restaurant. they give you a menu to look at, but I'm not sure why as it's a fixed meal, but you do get plenty and get to try a few dishes. I would certainly recommend trying this restaurant to anyone else who goes there.

There was some entertainment on every night we were there. I saw in another review someone mentioned some monks as being good to watch. I wish we had them during our stay! It was the same dance troupe evry night but just doing a different routine. they wer okay, but certainly needed much more time to practice their dance moves and something different on at least one night would have been welcome.

The hotel was so big, and there was so much to see that we didn't see it all during our four days there. We didn't get to the archery field or to the big water slides, for instance. We just chilled out during our time and explored the pools and the beach. As others have said, there is no shortage of sun loungers so no problems finding somewhere to catch some rays or sleep off the great food!

Great time in a top hotel

by TripAdvisor Member H0lidayh0und

Were at LW&L for a week - enough for us as we get bored in one place if there for too long.
Excellent staff and v. good food topped off a plush & comfortable hotel. Stayed in a family suite which was v. good size.
Pools, saunas etc great. Nice safe beach.
Visited Perge and Aspendos for a bit of culure otherwise simply chilled - exactly what we wanted. Go back again - of course.
NB - booze helpings v. generous!
Great for small children and quieter teens.

What a cracking resort

by TripAdvisor Member martyn68

My wife and 8 year old daughter just came back on sunday from this resort. OMG.... We have stayed in some lovely places around the world but this one takes the top spot. Hotel was well over what we expected on our first trio to Turkey. The photos on the internet don't do it enough justice..the staff were excelent. We have already booked to go back there for a week in October.

An excellent place to unwind with great service

by TripAdvisor Member BerkshireJenny

If you are going on holiday to party all week and meet like minded people in football shirts... Then do not go to this hotel !

If however your idea of a good holiday is to relax in pleasant surroundings with good service, good food and not too many of the people you would rather not mix with.. then this is the place for you.

Yes it has a lot of German and Russian guests, but the staff all (without fail) go out of their way to help everyone. Some reviews suggest English is ignored this is far from the truth. Some reviews state the place is dirty !! Not true.

The beach area close to the hotel was clean with lots of staff tidying up after those that couldn't be bothered. Stray along the beach away from the hotel and YES it is dirty.. I think there are local environmental issues around this area not being cleaned. Stay on the beach near the Hotel !

The all inclusive drink and food was excellent. Some make comment that the food is a bit too similair every day. Well yes it is but there is so much choice you could eat in there for two weeks and not eat the same meal. I defy anyone not to find anything they don't like. It is an amazing effort to produce so much food at such good quality. We tried the Italian Restaurant and to be honest it wasn't too good...The buffet restaurant was far better......

Great place to stay for a well earned break.....

the courtyard pebblesthe courtyard pebbles

PergePerge

Phaselis AqueductPhaselis Aqueduct

WATERFALLWATERFALL

Manavgat Monday market

hello again fellow travelers,

I am planning to go to the Manavgat Monday market while in Antalya in July. Has anyone been there? It is is supposed to be huge and very interesting with widespread participation from merchants all over the surrounding area. Can anybody offer any tested tips and advise? What can I expect to see? What is the fair price point? I suppose I must have cash on hand if I am prepared to bargain. Thanks in advance for the help. ~ A ~

Re: Re: Manavgat Monday market

by Alikatt

OK, that is an excellent point. I shall make sure to bring a Turk then. Thanks for the tip.

Re: Manavgat Monday market

by Joan40

Hi, hope I've not missed you and you have already left for Turkey. We went to the market in April, it is a big market. The traders are not pushy, just walk past them. It is all stalls, no shops, so you cannot be pulled into a shop like some traders try to do. All the rows look very similar, so try and keep your bearings. We came out 2 blocks past our coach pick up point, it was only by sheer luck we remembered the way out at all!! A lot of coaches (if you are going by coach) stop and pick up outside a small cafe on the edge of the market. Be careful, I don't know if you will go there, but the man tried to rip us off and three other couples. (didn't manage it though) Make sure you know your money if you are using TLs. We had a brilliant time at the market and you don't get hassled ( there are too many people !). Hope you enjoy your trip :-)

Re: Re: Manavgat Monday market

by Alikatt

Thanks Joan, I am now ýn Antalya and I went to Manavgat for the market on Monday. Nothýng specýal - ýn fact ýt looked lýke every other market ýn the coastal towns of Turkey unless I mýssed the best part whých was descrýbed ýn a travel book. I didnt see anythýng that I cannot fýnd ýn Istanbul. Whýle there, I výsýted the falls whých was no great shakes eýther. For 100 US dollars (I am not sure ýf thýs was a real bargaýn), an aýr condýtýoned taxý took and and my companýon to Termessos where the drýver waýted for us as we hýked to see the ruýns for nearly 2 hours, then took us to Manavgat market and falls then to Aspendos at sunset. The whole trýp took up the whole afternoon so ýt was a good prýce I thýnk to be ýn a prývate cab wýth aýr condýtýon. Water ýs very ýmportant ýn the summertýme. Carry ýt everywhere. Thanks for the týp agaýn!

Comments