Rixos Hotel Premium

Value Score

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Hotels with Lower Price

Generally nice stay but I cannot recommend

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2014

I have just returned from a 2-week stay at this hotel and so far it has been as on a roller coaster. Absolutely stunning moments are being followed by very disappointing ones. I generally liked the stay but there have been way too many unpleasant and awkward experiences - so I cannot recommend it and I will be unlikely to return (as for the money there are better options).

I am not sure how it is in the executive villas but as a regular visitor of this hotel I must say the reality is vastly lagging behind what this hotel promises on its web page... Everything looks extremely nice and shiny from afar but if you look closer it really doesn’t correspond to what is advertised for this hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel for the following 5 reasons:

1. Inconsistency of service: to put it simply, if you order the same mixed drink 8 times (not even at different places around the hotel) you will get 8 different drinks. I am not speaking about proportions in which ingredients are mixed, sometimes even ingredients are totally changed. This doesn’t apply only to drinks, unfortunately you can find it everywhere around this hotel (Including services).

2. Rooms are not clean and cleaning as such could use major improvement. There is a lot of construction dirt and dust in our room and it was clearly not cleaned after the room redesign was made. It looks funny when you see the high-end design of the room (i.e. Mirror TV or luxurious bathroom accessories) with all these post-construction Dust and residues. It literally feels as the workers left the room 5 minutes ago. This applies to all hotel. It obviously was finished in an extreme hurry so they don’t miss this season. Not cool. At certain places (such as The beach Lotus bar) you can see cables hanging, speakers hanging up on the walls all under different angles and at different height- as if a 5-year-old had been putting them in. I am not going to write about the quality of regular housekeeping because this you would not expect even in a 3 star hotel (and I am a laid-back male who usually don’t care about these things - read: I am not cleaning obsessed :-))

Also, there is no dedicated room for the housekeeping carts and overnight they are all parked at one spot at each floor. If you are unfortunate and this spot it’s near your room (as it is in our case), you have to pass by very messy carts and vacuum cleaners every day.

3. No one really speaks English and the staff is heavily untrained: This really is irritating, but you are OK if you speak Turkish or Russian. The staff is extremely friendly and they would really go pass a brick wall for you. Problems is if you speak English/German they don’t understand you, and even if they did they lack proper training and tools to do it properly. This is not their fault and IT IS PURELY A MANAGEMENT FAULT. It’s a shame that after spending so much money on opulent niceties, no one really followed up with HR training to ensure the quality of service (either they forgot or just don’t care).

4. "Faux pas" are occurring way too often. Couple of examples for all (and trust me there was a mighty more): we made a reservation for 4 people to Michelin starred chef a la carte restaurant. They made a reservation mistake and we were refused that night. We were not offered any meaningful compensation and the PR guy did not even care to follow up with us that the compensation we asked for was not possible. Also, they serve XO Cognacs as part of all-inclusive package, which is nice. However, some of the bartenders were serving it with ice or lemon!!! Again, it was all in good faith with genuine effort to serve best as they can (they just lack training).

5. A la carte restaurants: they are pure waste of time. Food is OK but they serve it in a hurry (as if it was a race) and as soon as we finished with our food they ignored us completely (not refilling the glasses, etc. - feeling was they just wanted us to leave)

What is good:

There are only two things worth mentioning. First one is the food and I must say that the main restaurant (not A la carte) is serving better dishes than some of the best hotels in Dubai (which so far I believed could not be surpassed). Other thing is great staff extremely willing to help (shame is that most of them don’t speak English and they lack training or tools to serve you properly). The entertainment is quite extraordinary too...

All-in-all it was not a complete disaster but frankly if I could go back I would have chosen hotel differently...
This was my first posting ever, I can overlook a lot and I rarely complain (if ever); however in this case I decided to share my experiences...

Martin

Best hotel in Belek

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2008

Hi,
I recomand you Rixos Premium in Belek. It's a little bit expensiv then any other hotel in Belek, but wonderful. It has it's own huge aquapark built in the style of Troia town. There are a lot of water slides, a Troian Horse 24 m high with 4 waterslides, two of them been covered were you are sliding in blind and complete darkness, as black holes and the other two uncovered, a boat, a restaurant, kamikadze slides, lazzy river, waves pool, etc.
The hotel is bulid on the largest area among all the hotels from Turkey, covering about 400,000 sqm, 40ha. It has it's own artificial lake on which you can move from a place to another by troian boats drived by troian citizens dres
ed in troian clothes.

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Antalya Travel Forum

Need advice about Antalya, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Antalya and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Antalya hotel reviews

Hear and See Hand Crafted Musical Instruments
Short info about Antalya
We have finally "found" the Old Town
Things to Do
tudors pub, not for modern women
A Hidden Mountain City
Alaaddin Mosque
Hadrian's Gate
Antalya Centrum to Otogar by Tram
Transportation
Antalya Airport to Otogar by Antobus.
Istanbul to Antalya via OnurAir