Titanic Beach & Resort Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

A SAFE TRIP IN THE TITANIC

This was my first time in Turkey and I couldn't believe I hadn't been there before, I will certainly visit Turkey again. The staff and locals were so freindly.

Unique Quality: A fantastic hotel with excellent service and facilities.
    The hotel was built in the the shape of a ship with all the staff in sailor uniforms.
    Five pools included a laned pool, splash pool with a ship to play on, indoor pool and a pool for the slides. There was also a Turkish baths, spa and Jacuzzi.

More about Titanic Beach & Resort Hotel

fantastic hotel in Turkey

by alyf1961 about Titanic hotel and resort Lara, Antalya

The staff were very friendly and the service was fantastic. Facilities were great. Five pools, entertainment, exclusive beach with beach café, Turkish baths and spa. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody. It is suitable for families and couples. All rooms had a private balcony overlooking the beach and hotel pools. The choice of restaurants included Italian, Turkish, Indian and a very large buffet type restaurant that catered for international holidaymakers.

Hotel Great- Staff Terrible

by TripAdvisor Member johnsassy

When we arrived at the hotel around 3.00am, we were welcomed by very polite reception staff, and the concierge took us and our luggage to our room. The room certainly lived up to the 5 star rating as regards comfort and cleanliness, although the Air conditioning was quite poor. The restuarant was excellent, although it was a bit disgusting to be sitting eating your meal with people all around smoking cigarettes. The non-smoking area was far too small. The hotel however good would only warrant 6 out of 10 with us and that was due to the attitude of the staff, who never smile, and who never seem to want to serve you. I should stress that if anything spoiled our stay, it was the staff. They let the hotel down very badly. Dont buy anything in the hotel shops as you will be extremely overcharged. I smoke small cigars which I could buy in the local shops for 5 euros, but in the hotel shop, they were 10 euros. I told the shopkeeper what to do with them!!! OVERALL OPINION - Great hotel & facilities spoiled by the miserable, unsmiling, unhelpful staff. (Mainly in the bars).

excellent all round

by TripAdvisor Member popples

Stayed in in June/July 06 and were impressed, we arrived in the early hours and wanted a snack and drinks, this was no problem at all and was included in the all inclusive package. The reception staff were helpful and efficient and our luggage was taken up the rooms quickly.

The standard rooms were a little small, but comfortable an well equiped, and were carpeted so that cut down the noise from the other rooms and corridors. Everything was kept spotlessly clean and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

The meals were excellent, with plenty of choice even for the children, it was always hot and never did they add hot food to the warm on the buffet, the whole tray was changed so everything was hot and fresh. Ice cream was available at lunch time and evening and was not restricted at all, the kids loved this. There was never a need to be hungrey, there was so much variety and restaurants open at different times, so if you did not want the buffect in the main restaurant you could have freshly cooked pancakes or pizzas in the 'tent' or salads and andwiched in the fish restuarant.

There was entertainment every night with pop corn for the kids before this started, agaiin there was no limit they could have as much as they wanted. The only draw back was that the shows repeated every 7 days, so there was no point going again. The bars were good and you were waited on, did not have to queue to get a drink and snacks were out on the tables for you to nibble.

The pools were very clean and well kept as was the beach and there was no shortage of sunbeds, and towels were provided clean daily so we did not need ours at all. There was plenty to keep the kids amused with the clubs, pools and water park aling with all the other activites.

This is a truely international resort, with excellent amenities and helpful staff, we would definitely go here again and would recommend iot to ouor family and friends.

WE liked that water was included in the all inclusive option, so we did not need to go out and buy anything at all, unlike other resorts where water has not been included.

Exceeding expectations

by TripAdvisor Member shlomoa

We had low expectations for a vacation in Turkey in general.
And then we had low expectation for the hotel.
We were happy to be wrong.
The rooms were large, comfortable almost American size.
The food was good, the swimming pools were very nice.

Maybe this is because we can off-season but I highly recommend it.

The only issue is the free smoking everywhere, but that's Turkey, right?

good choice for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Lukke

Vacation with 4 adults an 2 children (7 yrs) in Easter vacation with a Ultra All In.
- First the good and in fact most important:
clean rooms, friendly personnel and staff, good and enough choice of food, excellent heated outside (and inside) pool,
- Than the ones that could be improved:
towel service bad organized (they just changed), no speciality restaurants open, only 1 outside bar open, no ice creams for kids !!!!!, tobogans in the childs pool not open etc.(for them probably low season)
- The ones that really have to be improved:
evening entertainment sucks, "disco" is in one (big) room with 3 bowlinglanes and the bar is much too small (allthougs staff is doing their best) , game room is a real rip-off
ADVICE TO THE MANAGEMENT : go once to a 4 or 5 star in the Carribean and see what All-in means before talking about Ultra all-ain.

Great vacation value

by TripAdvisor Member fearlesstravelchick

The hotel and rooms were furnished nicely, and kept clean. I was thinking the rooms might be as tiny as those on cruise ships, but I was pleasantly surprised. We were able to push the two twin beds together for a makeshift king size bed that worked just fine. The couch pulled out for our daughter's bed. All the rooms had a small patio. All the drinks in the mini-bar were free and they restocked it every day for us.

There was plenty to do at the hotel, between the 3 different pools, the waterslides, the beach, the bowling alley, the game room and the spa. One outdoor pool was heated and the perfect temp for this time of year. One was not heated and only a few hardy souls ventured into that one. We also spent a fair amount of time at the indoor pool. The beach was nice even if the pier was off-limits. There were plenty of sun chairs to go around and the beach was clean, the water was clear. Still a little too cool for swimming in my opinion, but others were able to tolerate it. The water slides didn't open until the last weekend we were there. I recommend you check ahead of time on that if you have young children, otherwise they will be disappointed if it is closed the whole time. The bowling alley and game room were expensive (30 Euro for 1 hr of bowling, up to 8 bowlers), but since I felt I got a good deal on the all-inclusive package overall, I didn't mind paying the ridiculous prices once.

There were large groups of teenagers there for swim camp. I was concerned they'd be obnoxious and loud late at night, but they were well behaved. I think if you have teenagers in your family, they would enjoy being surrounded by so many people in their age group. The hotel used the bowling alley bar for all ages dancing. We only went to the adult dance club once, and it was slow getting started. It may have kicked in later, but we left at midnight. There's a nice lounge/bar on the main floor of the hotel where everybody sits and talks and plays cards. Maybe it's a European thing to do that every night, but I'd never seen such a turnout for people just sit and talk and relax. The crowd at this particular time of year was primarily German. We met just a few people from England.

The restaurant buffet was overwhelming at first, with all of the choices. Then after the third day you know it is pretty much going to be the same stuff...a chicken dish of some type, fish, rice, pasta, french fries, steamed vegetables, meatballs, salad bar, dessert bar, etc. Standard buffet food. I kept hoping they'd mix it up one night with an Italian theme or a Steak and lobster night, but no such luck. The breakfast was a robust European style breakfast. I kept hoping for some waffles or french toast, but no such luck there either. At least they had omelettes on some mornings. After 4 or 5 days, you'll be willing to pay the 7 Euro per person to make reservations at their Ala Carte restaurant, just for a change of pace of food.

I did use the spa facilities for a Turkish bath and a massage. It was my first Turkish bath so I don't know what to compare it to, but I enjoyed it and the price was reasonable.

All in all, this hotel offers a great value for the money as an all inclusive resort. We paid just 120 Euro per night total for 3 people. And they do include alcohol in the all-inclusive rates. I definitely recommend it to my friends, family and co-workers. There is also so much to see nearby...I highly recommend Termessos and Aspendos. Got to see it to believe it!

High Standard of hotel Cosmos were awful as tour operator

by TripAdvisor Member froggyfroggy

Beautiful hotel & very friendly staff!!! Great with infants. Room a little small for 2 travel cots but managable. Cosmos as a tour operator were ridiculous! Meant to be an Elite holiday but Cosmos treated us like back packers!!! We have NO complaints about hotel & are booking again but direct this time not via Cosmos!!! The rating is for the hotel not the tour operator!!

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member emmasholidays

Just returned from a lovely week at the Titanic, we had a great holiday.

No problems getting sunbeds in the morning, unless you wanted to sit by the kids pool which was always busy, we tended to sit on the beach which had a bar and lots of beds free at any time. We have a 3 yr old who loved the beach, water slides and large playground which included trampolines, you could also hire electric kids cars.entertainment all day, we only went to the ,mini disco and evening shows, the best being the beach party and chinese acrobats.
plenty of drink/food, however the main restaurant got very busy, we booked to eat in the italian and turkish a la cartes for 7 euro each, both were lovely and worth the cover charge.
rooms were clean and comfortable, overall a good holiday.
very large main pool which was cold but worth taking the plunge and warmed up when you were in!
Not many brits, mainly eastern european guests, this didn't bother us tho.

TITANIC HOTEL LARA, TURKEY

by alyf1961

"TITANIC HOTEL"

A fantastic hotel with excellent service and facilities.

TITANIC HOTELTITANIC HOTEL

Titanic hotel, Lara Beach, Turkey

by clico

We are looking to book this hotel for sept 09
Can you please advise if the water in the swimming pools are warm?

Re: Titanic hotel, Lara Beach, Turkey

by mundozoca

Oh yes !! Be prepared to frie in Antalya , even in September ! I´ve been there on the first week of last September, and pool-water, seawater, whatever is hot..hot..hot..Have a good time !

Re: Titanic hotel, Lara Beach, Turkey

by yavuz-antalya

you can swim in the sea even in october. And i think that the best season of antalya is may and september. In july and august it's really hot and difficult to live.

Comments