Lara, Antalya, Turkish Mediterranean Coast, 07100, Turkey

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• kat021's Profile Photo

Barut Lara Resort

This was our first time in Turkey and first time in an all-inclusive hotel.

i have to say - we all absolutely LOVED this hotel.

'we' being - me (18 years old female), my sister (17yrs), my brother (21yrs) and my dad (50-something) family from Nottingham.

our room was lovely, with a bed each and 2 bathroms between the four of us. good storage space with wardrobes and drawers and balcony (plus table and 4 chairs) overlooking a pool
    maids came in a few times a day to - stock the free mini bar (cans of fizzy and alcohol), bring in a platter of fruit each day, fresh towels everyday, clean the room, make the beds etc...

importantly - we had air-con and a fan which was great cos even at night it is still very warm in Turkey

there were many pools (kids pool,s big pools, a pool with slides, indoor pool) with free towels and showers around them, also lots of toilets around the resort

the resort has many restaurants, but some you have to book (yes they are still free, you just need to book them like a day in advance)
    there is so much food and a lot of variety, i am vegetarian and i had no problem finding good food to eat
    food is available pretty much all day in the resturants / cafes and room service is 24 hours
    there is a lovely patisserie, open 10am-6pm daily

bars - 24 hour lobby bar, poolside bar (open til midnight), cocktail bar near the pool with slides and all the restaurants serve drinks too
    be careful - as it is all-inclusive you can drink a lot!!

beach - has its own private beach with a gorgeous little peer, free pedols + other water sprts (jet skis was about £40 extra), the sand is very hot!

entertainment - the only thing i didnt really like was the 'Animation' team who would pester you to play beach volley ball in the day or dance with them at night but if you say 'no' a few times nicely they will go away
    mainly, they were with german kids

the resort had a lot of german and russian guests - us Brits were actually outnumbered!
    we also met some very lovely Dutch people, some funny swedish kids and a lovely american man travelling alone.

there are a lot of cats around the resort but very friendly and love to be stroked and fed :)

Unique Quality: the staff.

The staff are lovely. I dont think i can say enough good things about them.

The girl giving out pool towels to people literally stayed in a little shack all day giving people a towel if they wanted them but she was so so friendly and very smiley, always called hello to us even though we werent getting towels off her (no point as we got clean ones in our room everyday)

the reception staff were very efficient and so quick to help and cater to your needs (an extra bed for our room as me and my sister didnt want to share a double bed), carrying your luggage for you, opening taxi doors etc... all with a smile

me and my sisters personal faves - the waiters. before we went i was warned that turkish men were a bit leery but the waiters at our hotel were charming and very lovely. they are very quick to ask what you want and serve you, when they see your drink is empty they will offer you another straight away
    they also like to banter with guests and one funny guy loved to play tricks on me and my family when he saw us

they will also remember you and remember what you like and your order

so yeah, the staff were brilliant.

also - i feel the hotel was great because of the beac, all the pools and activities and its location on a strip of hotels and shops outside of antalya but not so far by bus

definately value for money!!!!

Directions: Lara, Antalya, Turkey

• fine hotel in Antalya

Its a very nice hotel. There are a few buildings. The main building here are the hotel rooms, the buffet restaurant, a few shops, 24 hours bar, the spa, the cinema, and backery which has very nice cakes. We stay in this hotel for 3 times. 2 times we have an big appartment. This apparment has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living-room. Also a big balcon. There is also a little frigerator. The use of it is free and every day it will be filled. The hotel is very clean, also the toilets inside and outside by the pools. The food is nice. There are more restaurants: Divan is the open buffet, Çardak here you can eat snacks, Kuyu restaurant for turkish meals, Sandal the fish restaurant, and the barbeque restaurant. There are 4 swimmingpools, One near the appartments, the big pool which is heated in the winter and one with slides. There are 4 slides not so big but nice. Between 12 and 15 o'clock they are not working. The beach is nice. its sandy but near the water there are little stones. Enough beds. Also at the swimmingpool there are enough beds. The last pool is at the spa.
    The staff is friendly. They do everything for you. When you glass is almost empty they come to fill it again. Nothhing is to much for them. There is an animation team. They have different departments: for childeren, for teenagers and for adults. Every day they entertain the guests. In the early evening there is a childeren disco. For the adults is there also every evening a show and after the show life music. (in summer)

Unique Quality: When the hotel is full you never have problems at the restaurants always enough place. The garden is very big and clean. There is a mini taxi which drives from the main building to the beach.

Directions: Hotel district

• Dada35's Profile Photo

Best Lara hotel

Perfect 5* hotel with excellent service. Higly recommend !

Unique Quality: Good food, perfect rooms, very tidy hotel area..

Directions: 10 km from Antalya

• nathicka's Profile Photo

Antalyas best all-inclusive hotel

This hotel has everything you can think of. It´s perfect for anybody. The staff is the kindest and best you can find. The food is the best and the hotel park is beautiful.

Unique Quality: The spa in Lara beach offers all kind of treatmenst but is a littel expensive. Try it anyway!
    The poolarea is something extra, is has 3 pool, one childrenpool, one bigger and warmer pool and one very big. It is well looked after and you can get your drinks served to you when your getting some sun :-)
    The beach is very nice but was to cold when I was their.

Directions: Located outside of Antalya

More about Welcome Barut Hotels Lara Spa

Awesome Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member KUG29

Our family of 5 (incl. 3 children-6,4,2) holidayed at Barut Lara for 6 nights on the last week of October. Half of our stay was sunny and air was crispy & extremely comfortable. We had a 2-bedroom apt. (w/2 baths & kitchenette) which was so new, clean & modern. Liked Pergo & tile floors. All of our beds (king & twins both) were very comfortable and hygienic with white duvet covers. Grounds spacious & beautiful. Beach--a bit pebbly with dark sand but well maintained. Food--so yummy! Most of evenings at the main buffet (Divan) were even quite festive. Lots of lamb dishes (I don't eat lambs but looked nicely prepared). The staffs at International a la carte prepared for a lovely cake for our 3rd son's 2-year birthday one night and their kindness is unforgettable. Indoor pool--salty warm water, our kids swam there daily. Area tour--didn't get a chance but I will be travelling 10 cities in western Turkey including Antalya & vicinity next year. Events--I enjoyed 'Turkish Concert' one night which was entertaining; Halloween party was fun too. Bring sports shoes for workout or squash on rainy days. Massage service--very gentle, I absolutely loved it. After growing up in Korea, living in the USA, and currently/temporarily in Germany, visiting a country like Turkey was certainly interesting to me and Barut Lara was a pleasant experience. I would come back in a heartbeat!

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bjtim

We stayed at this Hotel and Resort in January 2007, cannot fault the Hotel at all, it was beautifully clean and the food good quality and varied. All the restaurants were very good and the service was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were very efficient and friendly especially the girls in the Patisserie and Bar. The girls on staff relations were also very helpful and multi-lingual. Mutlu on the Entertainment & Activitity team was very helpful too and spoke good english.

We were the only two English at the Hotel for two weeks but we did not feel lonely as a lot of the staff spoke english and we were made to feel very welcome. A lot of the other guests spoke english and were friendly.

We booked a standard room which was large and airy with a 6 ft bed, very comfortable, the bathroom was very good and has a separate toilet as well as underfloor heating. Towels changed daily and toiletries etc replenished when needed.

On arrival at reception we were greeted with big smiles and told that their aim was to keep us smiling at all times, this was not difficult to achieve as there was so much to smile about. There are plenty of activities and the ground are huge and beautifully kept as indeed was the hotel and all public areas.

We cannot wait to return for another holiday. Barut run its hotels beautifully, someone else wrote that all hotels should send their staff to the Barut Lara to see how to run a hotel, we second this opinion.

Above Average, but perhaps over exaggerated

by TripAdvisor Member littlemiss7

We (2 Adults and our 15 year old son) stopped at the Barut Lara Beach over Easter. Having read previous posts, and having stayed in similar Turkish hotels we held high expectations. The food was excellent, rooms, pools… all extremely clean, beach immaculate and very well cared for!

Negative: A few bar staff were reluctant to serve, and it appeared as they were cursing when a drink was ordered that took a little effort (coffee). However, these were a minority. Staff overall were good, but certainly not as other post imply (The Best). I have been to similar standard hotels in Turkey 20+ times and have always received friendlier and more efficient service.

Rooms were generous and modern; we had a junior suite, which was serviced well each day. Maybe a touch dark, because of the separate rooms. However, if I was to go to the hotel again I would be more tempted for a full sea view superior standard room (high floor). These were not quite as big as the junior suites, but they were far brighter and a bigger balcony.

The hotel has well cared for spacious grounds, and possibly the best position on the beach. Being close to the airport, there is a little noise as the planes take off, but it is not too intrusive. (The upshot of this is a 10-15 min transfer for just £10 by taxi.)

Would I go again? Yes, if the price was right. When I booked this holiday, it was £1000 more than Delphin Palace. What I saw of that hotel, was extremely impressive and I would be more likely to book for there, although their spot on beach was not quite as impressive. This was not the best hotel I have stayed in, but it was certainly not the worst. Nevertheless, it is certainly puts others such as Kervansaray Lara Hotel (next door) in the shade.

**what an amazing hotel **

by TripAdvisor Member *kaz26*

This is an amazing hotel and i absolutely reccommend it to anyone. We stayed here in July 06, and it was our honeymoon and we couldn't of wished for anything better.
The rooms were big and bathrooms so clean. Had a beautiful view. Heard no noise from other rooms... which is always a worry of mine as i'm not a heavy sleeper.
Pools were clean. Sometimes it was hard to find a sun lounger after 10am, but that only happened twice out of the 12 days we were there. The food throughout the entire stay was faultless. The variety was unbelievable, cater for all. i do think i went over the top ..but hey it was our honeymoon. Waiter and staff couldn't do enough for you. Always ready to hand you another drink. We ate at the a la carte resturants 5 times and all were excellant. Had to book a day before but always got in. Beach was way lovely also, with a pier which is lovely to relax on in the afternoon just to break up the day. Watersports were great fun.
We never went into the local town or anywhere out of the hotel so cant tell you much about that. We normally like to venture out of an evening, but with so much to do and watch and walk around the hotel we didn't miss it. I don't think there is much in the area around the hotels anyway, as it all seems a very new complex.
We did have many spa packages, and that was bliss. I recommend that if you want to have the body peel have it early on in your holiday, and it does take away some of your tan!!!
I can keep going and going with great compliments to this hotel..
We will def be going back to this hotel, i'm hoping my hubby will say for our 1st annerversary.

hotel review..x

by TripAdvisor Member Loz07

I went to this hotel last year and i thought it was brillant .So many reviews said t wasnt so good but i thought it was briliant . All my family enjoyed it and for the first time we are going back this year,i can not wait .I was there last year on my birthday last year and all the staff were so nice to me !! In every hotel i have been to this would most definatly be the best

many thanx to the staff ..x

Barut hotel - lara resort & spa

by Dada35

Hello!
We will go to Lara in the end of october (30.10.) I would like to know more about hotel and more about resort Lara. Thank you for your answers to me !!

RE: Barut hotel - lara resort & spa

by dlj79

Do not stay at this hotel! I came into my room and noticed a lipstick stain on the bed. In the evening I ate an apricot that had worms swimming in it. To compensate for this they gave me a small box of chocolates.

Comments