Welcome Fame Residence Kemer

Satisfaction Average

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Antalya

JesusJesus

The Palaestra Area Of The Southern BathsThe Palaestra Area Of The Southern Baths

Karpuikaldiran waterfallKarpuikaldiran waterfall

Palm-lined boulevardsPalm-lined boulevards

I think I have been decieved!

by mickshe

Hello VT members..i need your opinion and help on this one..If you read my previous statement in this antalya forum I have mentioned that I booked mine thru www.troykatourism.com..I booked two weeks ago and have given my credit card details.Now, the problem is they emailed me and said that their business collapsed and they cant help me with my booking for Acropol beach hotel nor my airport transfer.
My questions are; why do they have to tell me only now after booking to them two weeks ago and have given my credit card details when their business is going down?dont they know this was coming?Is these all a bluff?Does anybody know about troykatourism?I will check my bank tomorrow and see if i can trace any deduction they have made.I am really worried about my situation now..I feel so stupid for giving my card details but I was thinking that it is the procedure for booking online, but how safe it is?
Now my other biggest problem is Im going to antalya next month and still dont have a hotel.I would like to ask for your help where i can have a booking with a cheap deal for Acropol beach hotel in konyaalti,antalya?
I am planning to go directly to acropol hotel and book their but i dont have any email address nor anyway to contact them...please i am in need of your help..
thanks a lot

by joesorce

Try www.oldcityhotels.com

You should have no trouble reversing the charges to your credit card, though sometimes they will require your request in writing rather than over the phone or at the bank.

by Myndo

Don't worry too much. My brother had a similiar experience lately. The airline he booked his flight went down. He already has paid his tickets, also via Visa. The good thing was, by informing Visa he managed to get most of the money back - they have some kind of insurance on everything you buy with VISA, so: just ask them about it. Also inform them that they should not pay any bills from that firm. Do that immediately.
It is happening quite often that the people who pay for the service get to know these things last. You are actually on better, because they informed you. My brother found it out only by coincidence.
So: good luck to you.

by mickshe

Thanks for your help.
I have contact my bank and they said there is no deduction on my credit card.I asked them to block or not allow troyka tourism to get money from my card but they said they cant do that..Iam holding mastercard..I really dont know the procedure with this credit card details.
I got an email from troyka tourism and they apologized and they said that they really didnt get any money from me or else if they are really bad they wouldnt contact me at all and just take money from me.I think they sound so honest and I feel I was just upset and worried.
But anyway,Thank you VT members for your reply.

Travel Tips for Antalya

Go to a Turkish bath, go to...

by budapest8

Go to a Turkish bath, go to the local food market. Go to the old town and walk around.Go to one of the other smaller towns on the coast outside the city.Go off season to avoid all the idiot tourists.Go up into the mountains and enjoy the view.Scoff yourself silly on the great Turkish food. Being up in the remains of this old city dating back to 333 B.C. in the mountains above Antalya on Christmas Day!

the Public Latrine in Side

by marsistanbul

The public latrine was fitted with stone slab seats(now disappeared) accomodating 24 people.Below was a drainage canal and in front a runnel for water used for cleaning.The interior was veneared with marble extending to the vaulted ceiling.Facing the toilets are one rectangular and two semicirculater cubicles containing water pipes.The niche on the external wall facing the agora was without water conduits and was presumably a shelter for statuary.

Antalya, the old city

by chrisvandenbroucke

Antalya of course is very touristic and even the old city is crowded with people.
But that doesn't mean that the old city doesn't have its charmin spots.
Like the combination of a refreshing fountain, and old clock tower and a mosqua

Kaleici..Old Quarter(citadel)

by marsistanbul

Kaleici can be called the center of Antalya.It is one of the liveliest parts in the city with its hotels,pensions,restaurants and entertainment facilities,
The streets of Kaleici extend to the old harbor,which is used as an international yacht marina today.

Capadocia

by sheffwoz

"A lunar landscape"

The volcanic landscape of the area known as Capadocia is a real treat to behold. This place looks like the moon. No pictures or descriptions can really do it justice. The volcanic stacks known affectionately as fairy chimneys provided people with natural housing.

"More views"

Just look at the view

"More views"

"Living quarters"

In the olden days the ancient people used to use this underground city to hide when their outdoor world was threatened.

"Church in the rocks"

This is the entrance to a church carved into the rocks at Capadocia.

"Whirling dervish"

Mavalanas tomb.........

"Accomadation"

People lived in these houses up around 1956 when the Turkish government moved everybody out.

Comments