Gloria Select Villas

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Tags

Spa and Resort Luxury Travel Golf
See Amenities

Select Villas, an amazing stay.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 30, 2010

Highly recommended hotel. The services offered were amazing. The resort grounds were beautiful, very well planned and maintained. Everywhere you look it's like being in paradise. The staff were extremely attentive to all of your needs. The pools were superb, very clean and huge. I particularly loved the salt water pools, especially the 500m circular one by Gloria Serenity. The Gloria Golf beach was by far the best, especially if you have your own pavilion. The 24/7 on-call service was excellent, you can have food, fruit, drinks, etc delivered any time to your villa. The security team patrols constantly and there are guards posted everywhere, however they are not intrusive. You can rest easy knowing children, yourself and your privacy are totally protected. It's really perfect for those with kids that want a safe relaxing atmosphere.

Our dining experiences were all excellent. The Gloria Suites dining for dinner was my favorite, because they would grill whatever you picked for you on the spot. The bbqs held for us at the select villas on Wednesdays were great! For lunch I really enjoyed the Turkish restaurant at the Gloria Golf beach, their ravioli (pilmeni) are excellent as is their pita bread. The Italian and Steak restaurants at Gloria Serenity were top notch, note these are the restaurants by the 500m salt water pool, not inside the main building. I highly recommend the mushroom tortellini at the Italian restaurant and the grilled lamb at the Steak restaurant. For breakfast I liked the Select Restaurant as it was quiet and the weight staff were very attentive, however for lunch/dinner I felt the menu was a bit too limited there. We did have special dietary requests for young children that were attended to promptly every time, no matter what restaurant were at. The lobster at Gloria Golf beach was also amazing and the fried calamari and shrimp served with it were perfect.

What didn't I like? Our golf cart was flaky, it would stall out randomly at times and got worse and worse. Eventually it would die after 20-30 meters. The manager for the villas Redwan didn't seem to believe us. We had to have him follow us around until he believed it was having problems. Even then he didn't seem to understand the problem. He first tried to say we needed to have new room cards made, because they must be "demagnetized" so the cart was "unable to keep reading them". However this made no sense, since the card is only read once (like an ATM) when you stick it in and the cart was turning on and driving. It CANT keep reading the card, as it's physically impossible. As I understand they did not have more carts allocated to the villas so I guess maybe he was just hoping we were idiots. Overall Redwan seemed like a nice guy, but I was quite annoyed with the cart situation. The other manager, Marina was very helpful at all times.

Unique Quality: The Gloria Select Villas experience is unique and special as a resort concept. It's a must to experience this paradise in Turkey!

Directions: Belek, Turkey

• Fitness Center
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Belek Travel Forum

Need advice about Belek, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Belek and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Belek hotel reviews

View from the balcony
Inside pool
The natural bridge
Off The Beaten Path
One last view of the hotel..
Freshly squeezed oranges