Xanadu Resort Hotel

Acısu Mevkii PK 49, Belek, 07500, Turkey
Despegar.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Xanadu Resort Hotel

and what are the five stars for?

by TripAdvisor Member starslacker

in my youth i use to go to spain all the usual suspects,we are talking three star hotels.So when your older and have a lot more money you choose something with more class.
Xanadu Resort Hotel is not five star, the stars just appear under the name,dont take it as the star system anywhere else. As soon as you walk into that grotty rep area and hand over £190 a night ya start to feel mugged.
The room is ok there was the odd stain on the pillows,but its a hot country.
the tv would not turn on,low batts the helpful guy on rep told me in the morning.never replaced them. the toilet seat was bogus,it would not stay up,okay its a hot country.
Food is cold and makes lots of appearances,my fav was the coco pops turning up at dinner time.
MARROW with rice
MARROW with mushroom
MARROW with beetroot chips
hey its a hot country.
the menu is based on russian tastes,90% of guests are from the motherland.
check out the snotty kids that hang around the internet room or play in the workout area.
So is it any wonder that the staff are snide,rude and just really there for the russians.
check out the bar ya will find out,also ask for branded drinks and beware all tonic water is flat.
I could go on but work is calling and i need to book another holiday.
To sum up £190 a night in a five star hotel is good value,so why do i feel so cheated
gene from london town

Great for Golfers & Golf Widows!

by TripAdvisor Member MightyBlue

Returned from Xanadu Resort on 11th July after two fantastic weeks. Can't understand the negative reviews. We've travelled to some of the best hotels in the world and as Mediterranean resort hotels go, the Xanadu is up there with the very best.

The food was superb and extremely varied - how many holiday hotels serve Beef Wellington in the buffet? Admittedly one night a week (Wednesday) was a designated fish night but if your not a fish lover, go to one of the speciality restaurants. They are superb and we never had trouble making a reservation. The hotel was clean throughout and the staff were always courteous and willing to help. Took full advantage of the free laundry service - what a bonus! Two of us played golf whilst our wives 'went for the burn' and it worked out really well. We played nine times on five different courses and all of the layouts were varied and easily on a par with the best that Portugal & Spain can offer - for half the price. (Don't believe what Tony says - I won!!)

Our only whinge would be that the hotel does not have a no smoking area in the restaurant but this in no way spoilt our experience. All in all, an excellent hotel deserving of it's rating.

Weddings at the Xanadu

by TripAdvisor Member jingle

We have just returned from the Xanadu after a wonderful experience, as we got married on 7th June on the centrepiece of the main pool. We were the 2nd couple to get married during our two week stay. This also co-incided with the Xanadu's anniversary celebrations. This occurred on 1st June and gave us an example of the excellent organistion and quality which the hotel provides. As you've read from previous reviews, you will love your stay so enough said about the hotel. We're booking for next year already.

If you're planning a wedding at the Xanadu there are a few things to note before you go. When we arrived at the hotel we were informed by the Thomas Cook rep that we would be in contact with 2 other people, a rep from a company called Diane (who organise your trip to Antalya for blood tests and to do paperwork with the British Consulate), and the other person is a lady called Ayesegul who co-ordinates the wedding day within the hotel.

Thomas Cook use the Diane company for transportation of guests, and excursions, and the Diane rep is also your translator at the ceremony. Ours was a guy called Jan, who was very slow when translating and thought Glasgow was in England, so double check your marriage certificate. The Thomas Cook rep, Zoe, was helpful and kept us informed with local info.

Fist of all, I would suggest paying all 3 people with british currency as we were overcharged for wedding guests to enter the hotel. This should work out at £70 per person. Also the Thomas Cook exchange rate is awful, but the rep informed me of this after I had paid for an excursion to the local waterpark. Use lira to pay for other stuff and tip the staff you find helpful. Some staff don't smile or appear helpful, but the majority are freindly and very approachable. However they do struggle sometimes with british accents.

Next you will have to get a blood test done in Antalya the week prior to the ceremomy. Two days after doing so, we had to go to Serek (15mins from Belek) to get the results of the blood tests and meet the Turkish registrar. This was a bit of a hassle as the Diane rep was told by the authorities that in future, couples would have to get 3 or 4 blood tests done prior to getting married. I had bruising on my arm for 4 days after mine so I was relieved to find out that I did'nt have to get any more done. Check this with Thomas cook if you don't like injections. Also you may have to pay more.
We also paid for a preist (about £75) to bless our marriage. I don't understand why Thomas Cook don't offer this in their brochure because If we didn't pay for a preist then the ceremony would have been over in 10 minutes, which is a bit unfair on everyone.

We paid for the female guest to have their hair done,(about £18 each) but they were left dissapointed as they all had been given the same hairstyle. Although my bride and her bridesmaid were given what they'd requested. My bride paid £50 for hers and around £20 for the bridesmaid. Additionally, it took almost 3 hours for my brides hair to get done. So Get in the salon early! It was worth the wait as you will see form the photos.

Anyway, that dosen't take anything away from the great time and the amazing ceremony you will have. Ayesegul the Xanadu wedding co-ordinator will meet you to decide the location of the ceremony, your entrance song, the post ceremony song and the song for your 1st dance. Furthermore you will choose an a la carte menu for the meal. You pick a soup, starter and a main couse from whatever menu you decide.
Our ceremony was at 7pm (7.20pm when the bride showed up!). This worked perfectly for the photographs to be taken at sunset and the guests to make use of the facilities during the day. Our DVD of the day was a bit of a dissapointment when we got it home, so ask for a preview before buying it. Nevertheless the photographs were great. We paid £104 for 37 quality pictures.

After the photos we went for the meal in a private room (the Russian restuaraunt), for about 3 hours. This includes speeches, cutting the cake and your 1st dance. Following this your party can go whever they want. We went to the Irish bar (which only had music 1 night during the 2 weeks) for an hour before going down to the disco. So, ask Ayesgul to consult the disco D.J if you want any tracks played if you're going there. The disco is o.k but we were looking for chessy party music.

Ayesegul worked miracles for us, as my partner made several requests on the day of the wedding. Everything was organised by the time we reached the alter. After the ceremony the surprises begin.

Apologies if this appears long winded but we feel Thomas Cook should have given us this info before we went. My new wife got her fairytale wedding and our guests had a fantastic day.

A wee tip before I sign off, don't buy sun tan lotion from any shop but a pharmacy if you're in Belek. We did and got severly burned, and then we were informed that it was moisturiser in a fake bottle!

A big hello to the bradford crew if your reading this!

Mr Robert Johnstone.

Not Five Star

by TripAdvisor Member mcclure

Finally someone has given the Xanadu a bad review, I thought it was just us who thought it was poor.

We stayed in this hotel at the end of May and we were not impressed, it was an expensive hotel and what you got for your money was just not worth it.
The only beer available is draught Tuborg - there is no other choice, if you do not request it you get palmed off with the no name vodka, gin or brandy. The champagne? was infact nothing more than sparkling Turkish wine
The food was always and I mean always luke warm at best and more than likely cold. One night it was a fish night - and I mean a fish night if you did not like fish you would go hungry.

The only good point is that most of the waiters were really nice and friendly, it was the reception and guest relations staff that we found to be rude and unhelpful.

We would not go back and feel as though we paid over the odds for a hotel which is at best only worthy of 2 or 3 stars.

Food for thought.

by TripAdvisor Member Gillo

Just came back from the Xanadu. My husband and i were very dissapointed with the food, every night it was BBQ. All evening meals are cooked outside, Felt as if i was on the Atkins diet. Veal, Lamb, Chicken, Poultry(don't know what bird it was) Kebabs. If you are vegatarian then you will strugle in getting anything to eat. They do have a fish night.
Do eat at the Xanadu Bar they do a very nice Pizza and this is the only place that you will get any chips it does food until 17.30.
The hotel service was second to none. My only concern is the food.
P.S Full of Russians.

Fantastic Hotel One of The Best

Just returned from the most fantastic holiday, I can’t understand the comments made by previous people. We are seasoned travelers and have stayed at other 5 star hotels around the world I think the comments left a very misrepresenting

Just simply a perfect holiday. The food was fantastic and varied all freshly cooked, the buffet served at least a dozen different main courses, barbequed food was part of this every night however it was always something different, fresh fish meat vegetables donner meat roast meats and more, what more can you wish for. The specialist restaurants had an excellent menu and first class food you could book this quite easily the day before (no need to book days in advance). Drinks were excellent and of a very good quality all international brands, the wine and champagne were very good. The hotel and grounds were spotless clean in all areas, and an army of cleaners were on hand 24hrs a day ensuring that it stayed that way, toliets cleaned and checked every hour, the hotel decor was always in pristine condition as was our hotel room. The staff are all very helpful polite and friendly.
On my wife’s birthday she had flowers balloons, birthday card, cake and champagne left in our room.
Once angain Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surpisingly good - what is with the bad reviews?

by TripAdvisor Member yamana

We have just returned from a week and a bit at the Xanadu and are saddened to see that it has become fashionable to knock the hotel on this site.
Xanadu is not a quiet country hotel. It is a large, sometimes rather brash, resort hotel but it does what it sets out to do very well indeed. It is spotlessly clean, the service is good (it is really amazing what a difference learning 'thank you' in Turkish makes) and we had a really excellent holiday there, with none of the problems that are highlighted in recent reviews. The food is plentiful and of a good quality. There is always a selection of different meat and fish dishes, vegetarian food and fresh and plentiful salad. The six specialist restaurants are worth booking as they make a nice change from the buffet - we would recommend the Turkish, French and Italian - the Mexican was worth trying as well. The pools are very well maintained, the bars numerous and well run and even the entertainment was worth it. The music around the main pool areas was a little wearing at times but a move to either the secret garden pool or the beach sorted that out. On the subject of the beach, this is also clean, well run and the sea was blue flag clean. Watersports (sailing, banana boat etc) are free to residents - take some sailing qualification of you want to use the Hobie Cats. Parasailing was $30 a time, but was well run and you good a good trip fo rthe money.
We really enjoyed the Xanadu. It is not the holiday we would normally choose but both of us, and out teenage girls (19 and 17) had a really good time. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Couldn't have asked for more!!

by TripAdvisor Member buzzybear

We had booked this holiday 16 months ago, so we were really looking forward to the five star luxury that was described - it lived up to all expectations!

On arrival the reception staff were very welcoming and encouraged us to use room service or visit the irish bar for something to eat as we had arrived in the early hours.

The food was excellent, with the children allowed to use the irish bar and poolside bar on their own to order food and drinks. The choice of food was very varied and very much to our taste.

You must visit the beach, it is spotless with a bar and kebab chef. Excellent toilet and shower facilities at the beach.

Our one extravagance, which is where we spent our money, is the Shang-Du Spa - luxury at its best - staff extremely friendly, facilities superb and treatments to die for. It is expensive but it made a pleasant change to spend money on myself rather than the children. This made our two weeks very special and feeling relaxed and pampered. The Hamam is a giggle but worth every minute - go within the first few days to prepare your skin for your tan!!

Can't wait to go back!!

Wonderfulholiday

by TripAdvisor Member Carol12345

My daughter and I returned from the Xanadu last week after the best holiday ever. I must have gone to a different hotel to the people who have given such terrible reviews. From the minute you arrive you are made to feel special.
The hotel is spotless, including all the toilets and facilities on the beach.The food was wonderful, very varied, always hot, with more choice than you can imaging.How many hotels have you been to whereyou can have smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast if you want? or a choice of 3,5 or 7 minutes for your boiled eggs? The waiters are excellant, once you've ordered a drink once its there everytime waiting for you, and yes that is international brands.
Plenty of facilities and activities if you want them, or just laze by one of the 3 pools or beautiful beach. Indulge yourself in the Shang-Du spa, it really is luxury, and have a hammam- its fun!!
We met lovely staff and some of the best friends ever.
Listen out for the cuckoo and try the water slides. I could go on for ever...............
The only problem with the Xanadu is that you have to come home.

Heaven - The Best Holiday EVER!

by TripAdvisor Member liancoulbert

Alot of people don't like the sound of a holiday in Turkey, we have a very busy life with two young children and this haven of peace was perfect for us when the grand parent offered us a week in the sun child free. We booked for a week and one day after our arrival I was admitted to hospital with peritonitis, the hotel laid one transfers back and forward every day for my partner to visit me in Hospital for the whole two weeks and even provided him with fruit hampers and gifts for me. Their on site nurse and doctor were fantastic their quick thinking probably saved my life. Finally we managed to spend two days in this wonderful resort (albeit from a wheelchair for me) but I saw how friendly, quiet and perfect this place was. Beautiful surrounding, helpful staff, spoilt for choice with all amenities. Although we have bad memories of our planned dream holiday we have booked again to go back in sept 06. The resort is 10 times better in real life then any picture could portray. The standards are extremely high and you don’t want for anything, however if you are looking for more excitement you will be able to get this here too, the complex is so large and hardly seems full or busy but there is so much to do, daily massages, shows, several pools etc etc etc. 10/10 - highly recommended. 5 ½ weeks and counting – can’t wait!!!!!!! One word of advice DON'T GO THROUGH THOMAS COOK IF YOU WANT YOU INSURANCE TO PAY OUT, USELESS!!!!

Xanadu Resort

by dcrose

We are considering spending a week at the Xanadu Resort in late May. I see the hotel has rooms in the Bungalow Building and rooms in the Main Building. Does anyone know what the differences between these buildings are and if one is better than the other (ie: location, age, amenities, quality, etc.)?

Also, any comment on the likelihood of rain the last week of May? Thank you for your help.

Comments