Eski Kilise Arkasi No 7, Kas, Antalya, 07580, Turkey

Hideaway Hotel
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

• Comfort capital of Kas!

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hideaway for a second honeymoon. I spent weeks researching the Kas area and the different hotel options. I decided on the Hideaway and now after seeing our second and third choices first hand, am so glad we ended up at the Hideaway.

The hotel is an easy walk from the seafront but in a very quiet area separate from the nightlife. The room was impeccably clean and though my husband missed a desk for working on his computer, I didn't want him to work on it anyway. :-) We opted for the jacuzzi suite and the bathroom was equivalent to a five star hotel. The airconditioning worked fine and there were even two little balconies, one with a table and chairs and a view of the sea.

The terrace on which breakfast was served had such a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean and nearby Kastellorizo Island that somedays we just didn't go anywhere and stayed on the terrace. Breakfast is served there - a self-service buffet thoughtfully catering to different cultural tastes. Full Turkish breakfast is offered, Scandanivians will find their crisp breads and Germans and Swiss their cereals and muesli. The only thing we missed was something to drink for my husband who does not drink tea or coffee. Freshly squeezed orange juice is available for a reasonable sum but there is nothing cold to drink for free.

Dinner is also served on the terrace with a full range of Turkish appetizers and a choice of grilled meat, chicken or fish. There is a relaxing evening atmosphere on the terrace as other travellers converge to share their stories of the day, music is playing and the bar is open to all who wish to partake.

The really comfortable thing for me was that owners, Ahmet and Mari, are willing to undertake all the arranging of things you want to do! I tried first myself down in town and found that by the middle of September travel agents clearly were not interested in going out of their way to do much of anything. Ahmet and Mari arranged everything for me in the end, even finding motorscooters we could rent for the day to tool around on our own.

Unique Quality: Beautiful terrace with incredible views, sparkling clean accommodation, QUIET nights!

Directions: From the plaza in the center of town, go up Hastane Caddesi, look for the old church (now a mosque) and turn right the street after it.

• turkeys' Best Hotel

This is a really excellent hotel in which to stay in Kas. Because it is small, The hideaway hotel owner and staff have time to spend with guests and are very willing to help with any problems that a tourist may encounter. The hotel is up some steps from the road, which can be tricky after a large meal of "manti" and Efes, but does means that there is a wonderful view over the "terrace" beach towards the islands, and that there is a coooling breeze. This is especially useful for breakfast and evening drinks on the patio. The rooms are large, pleasantly laid out and well decorated, with varied artwork leading upstairs to the rooms. The whole hotel has recently been refurbished at may 2006, which makes it clean and uncluttered, with new furniture etc, and a very relaxed atmosphere. Language is unlikely to be a problem here, as the owner is quite happy chatting in both English and German, in addition to Turkish naturally. A definite bonus.

Unique Quality: However, as we fell in love with Kas we decided to return the following year, so we went to check out a few hotels and pensions in and around town. That’s how we found hideaway hotel were we stayed at for the following years. Quality wise it was better then what we have seen so far.
    So this year we decided to give up on our expectations concerning the hotel and stay in Kas again, and luckily we found this small hotel named hideaway. From the first moment we felt welcomed, the hosts are very well educated and are of a very European style (marie-she is from belgium)and have a lot of travel experiences – (I am not sure, but I think the whole host-family is fluent in up to 5 or 6 languages – amazingly turkish, french, German, English (of course), and spanish
    The rooms are nice and newly furbished, the view from the terrace (and I am not exaggerating here) is breathtaking, the beach is just in 50 mt front of the hotel. Needless to say it was just perfect for us. Not only staying in hideaway hotel really made our trip, but also having nice chats with the host and other customers. It felt like coming home to a big family. First we didn’t understand why we haven’t heard of this place before and we couldnt book via travel agency, but then others in the hotel told us, that they want to keep it secret because of the few rooms (21rooms) and they are afraid that we won’t get a room the next time.
    For us hideaway hotel is the only choice in the entire region.

Directions: next to hellenistic theater and old greek church

Comments